Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diners Club USA: New enrollments?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2015, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
If it were poorly thought out, they'd shut it down again soon after opening it up, wouldn't they?
I agree. If there is a next time I'd expect the fraud monitoring software to be set in a mode that will prevent the card from being used for MS right out of the gate.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ddallas
I agree. If there is a next time I'd expect the fraud monitoring software to be set in a mode that will prevent the card from being used for MS right out of the gate.
Or the really simple solution (since the MS was mostly on the extra point categories): Cap the category bonus like so many other cards do (3x points on your first $xxx per month at these types of stores).

I get temporary promos like that all the time even on cards that don't have category bonuses on an everyday basis, and those always seem to be capped.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:41 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by tmiw
Premier: $95 AF, 3x travel/dining + primary CDW for rentals.
Elite: ~$150 AF, same as Premier + lounge access + WEMC benefits.
Premier is 3x travel, and gas stations, 2x dining and entertainment, but no primary CDW.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by yugi
Premier is 3x travel, and gas stations, 2x dining and entertainment, but no primary CDW.
Not quite. From https://www.dinersclubus.com/home/club-rewards:

Earn one Club Rewards point for every eligible dollar charged. ($1 USD charged = 1 Club Rewards point)
If you have a Diners Club Card Elite, earn 3 Club Reward points for every eligible dollar charged at the following merchants:
Grocery stores/supermarket
Drug store/pharmacy
Automobile fuel service stations - pay at the pump only
No limit to the amount of points you can earn.
Also page 3 of https://www.dinersclubus.com/us/docs...ToBenefits.pdf says that their CDW coverage is indeed on a primary basis (except for NY residents for some reason):

B. The kind of coverage you receive:
We will pay for the following on a primary (except for residents of New York) basis:
• Physical damage and theft of the vehicle, not to exceed the limits outlined below.
• Reasonable loss of use charges imposed by the vehicle rental company for the period of time the rental vehicle is out of service. Loss of use charges must be substantiated by a location and class specific fleet utilization log.
• Towing charges to the nearest collision repair facility.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:07 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by tmiw
Not quite. From https://www.dinersclubus.com/home/club-rewards:

Also page 3 of https://www.dinersclubus.com/us/docs...ToBenefits.pdf says that their CDW coverage is indeed on a primary basis (except for NY residents for some reason):
Sorry, I was thinking that your refer to Citi Premier, which does offer those benefits. I didn't know DC Premier offers 3x for travel. Do they?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by yugi
Sorry, I was referring to Citi Premier, which does offer those benefits. I didn't know DC Premier offers 3x for travel. Do they?
Nope. The Premier might be something to look into some day though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.