Search

Diners Club USA supports Apple Pay now

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Diners Club USA supports Apple Pay now

A couple of days ago I reported that I received an error different from the usual "card not supported" one when I tried adding my Premier card to Apple Pay. BMO now officially supports Apple Pay according to this post so I gave it a shot. Some notes:

• The consumer cards do seem to support Apple Pay. I have no idea about any of the others but the worst they'll do is say no.
  • The phone number that Passbook gives you is wrong, unless you're adding a BMO Harris card. Call 1-800-2-DINERS to verify your identity and get the card added.
  • The DC card in Apple Pay doesn't support PIN at all, just signature and mobile device cardholder verification. This is the same as all of the other US cards; however, this shouldn't matter long term since mobile device verification will end up being what's used eventually.
  • As reported over in the contactless thread, MasterCards in Apple Pay do seem to be usable for transit outside the US. DC seems to be no different in that regard. (The physical card's contactless won't be usable on the Underground though, but that hasn't changed.)

Hopefully this helps! ^
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:32 am

Here is the confirmation of BMO Harris's Apple Pay support:
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bmo...04-07-91733257
Old Apr 7, 2015, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Interestingly there's two pending transactions from MasterCard due to this morning's Apple Pay attempt. I wonder why since none of my other cards had that happen when I added them to AP.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 5:30 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
See also here:

https://www.dinersclubus.com/applepay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.