Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Harris Bank application process for new Consumer cards.

Harris Bank application process for new Consumer cards.

Old Oct 15, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
I think I may just call in and tell them that I was approved, but I would just like to know my credit limit. Too presumptuous? All I got was the 7-15 day pending on Monday.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:40 pm

I received my Elite card today and registered for online access on the BMO/Harris website. At this point, there is no way to access the DC rewards account so I called DC and they told me that a link to the Rewards Account should be available on Nov 2nd.

There is a claim on the credit card account page that online payments would be available on Nov 6th so looks like they're trying to set everything up in the next 3 weeks.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
The automated approval system is granting insane CLs across the board. I know someone with 60k annual income who received a 40k CL.

That's... A little dangerous.

I don't know what I did to get the 7-15 day message (high score, income, no INQs in 12 months, ...), but those are resulting in CLs that are more in line with other issuers (manually approved).
It's interesting to watch. I have been reading on other forums like myfico and creditboards and the limits from the instant approvals are sometimes double or triple the posters previous highest card. Heck of a generous guy that Mr. Auto-Underwriter.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 8:44 am

I think people have gotten used to generally lower limits since the crash of 2008. I remember when MBNA used to give limits of 30-60K for their cards (ex: Quantum) in the past. To get these limits nowadays seems like a big deal.

That being said, I was very happy to receive a 40K limit on my new Diner's Club Premier card.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by cvhatton
Applied for the Elite last night for the wife....high income and an 811 FICO. Instant approval, said the card would ship in 3 business days and we would receive it within 7-10.
I've been telling my wife for month's that I wish a card with good bonus categories that transfer to Alaska (everything else for us is gravy) would come along.

The other airlines partners and hotel partners for us are extra, just super excited for the Alaska transfer.
I got the 7-10 days answer but I'm of the same frame of mind as you- DYING to get my hands on these potential Alaska Miles! It is incredibly frustrating not to know if I was approved or not and nobody there will tell me. Been a week now.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:08 pm

Is everyone getting pulls on TU? I have like 8 hard pulls in the last 6mths. Does anyone know if TU is frozen if they will pull others? Equifax hopefully?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:40 pm

What the hell, I pulled the trigger.

To clarify if it's a 7-15 day notice it's likely to be an approval?

"Thank you for taking the time to complete an application. We received your request and your application is being processed. If your application is approved, your new Diners Club Credit Card should arrive by mail in 7-15 business days. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 800-2-DINERS (800-234-6377)."
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
They pulled my credit report on Oct 9th. Called today asking for a status and was told about the approval with a 40K limit.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
What the hell, I pulled the trigger.

To clarify if it's a 7-15 day notice it's likely to be an approval?

"Thank you for taking the time to complete an application. We received your request and your application is being processed. If your application is approved, your new Diners Club Credit Card should arrive by mail in 7-15 business days. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 800-2-DINERS (800-234-6377)."
Manual review.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Is everyone getting pulls on TU? I have like 8 hard pulls in the last 6mths. Does anyone know if TU is frozen if they will pull others? Equifax hopefully?
typically they pull only TU. For some they pull TU and Experian. Have not seen any reports of EQ pulls.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by finloopio
I think I may just call in and tell them that I was approved, but I would just like to know my credit limit. Too presumptuous? All I got was the 7-15 day pending on Monday.
Called in and was told that my card was on the way. 40K limit. My current high is 32k. Very pleased.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Has anyone successfully applied from an iPad or MAC?

After I fill out the form, I get a second screen where I am to review all the information, and I checkbox at the bottom to click before I can press "submit".

However, on an iPad or MAC, regardless what browser I used, clicking the check box does not work.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by mre5765
Has anyone successfully applied from an iPad or MAC?

After I fill out the form, I get a second screen where I am to review all the information, and I checkbox at the bottom to click before I can press "submit".

However, on an iPad or MAC, regardless what browser I used, clicking the check box does not work.
You have to open the T&C's which will open a new window, then hit the checkbox.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by Chupacabras
You have to open the T&C's which will open a new window, then hit the checkbox.
Welcome to Flyertalk Chupacabras.

Thanks, that worked.

Weird that the process doesn't request an email address.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 10:04 am

pulled the trigger and got the 7-15 days message...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.