Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Harris Bank application process for new Consumer cards.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Harris Bank application process for new Consumer cards.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mia
I believe the card was delivered yesterday, but will not be home to open it until the weekend. UPS shipment from Giesecke & Devrient, a card manufacturer.
No indication on UPS My Choice that I have a package en route or that they tried to deliver one. I suppose it's possible that mine is coming via USPS but that doesn't seem like what people are experiencing so far.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:01 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
UPS My Choice showed the shipper as BMO DINERS COMMERCIAL, with a signature required. UPS allowed me to waive the signature requirement. Our cats told me that the package was actually from G&D .
Old Oct 8, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by tmiw
No indication on UPS My Choice that I have a package en route or that they tried to deliver one. I suppose it's possible that mine is coming via USPS but that doesn't seem like what people are experiencing so far.
They're using both USPS and UPS. I think they're making the cards in two locations (Montreal and Ohio).

Last edited by patrick.barnes; Oct 8, 2014 at 12:30 pm
Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
They're using both USPS and UPS. I think they're making the cards in two locations (Montreal and Ohio).
I wonder what criteria they use to determine where your card gets made, or if it's just random.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:17 pm

I wonder what criteria they use to determine where your card gets made, or if it's just random.
Score or income or who knows.

There seems to be something going on in card printing land. I've received 2 notices about delayed card production from 2 different issuers.

Just too used to Amex overnighting cards.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Score or income or who knows.

There seems to be something going on in card printing land. I've received 2 notices about delayed card production from 2 different issuers.

Just too used to Amex overnighting cards.
Might be because every major bank in the US is having their cards reissued with the chip on them right now?

Anyway, I think I'm still within the 7-10 day delivery window that they promised after the 3 days ship time. Applied on September 27, received PIN on the 4th (which the envelope says was mailed on the 1st, so three business days exactly). Business day 7 after mailing would be 10/10, and day 10 would be 10/15. Probably shouldn't be concerned until at least after that date.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 6:32 pm

Might be because every major bank in the US is having their cards reissued with the chip on them right now?

Anyway, I think I'm still within the 7-10 day delivery window that they promised after the 3 days ship time. Applied on September 27, received PIN on the 4th (which the envelope says was mailed on the 1st, so three business days exactly). Business day 7 after mailing would be 10/10, and day 10 would be 10/15. Probably shouldn't be concerned until at least after that date.
I think the production delays are due to Home Depot.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think the production delays are due to Home Depot.
Can't be sure HD is the cause of delays at DC without knowing:

a) How many banks use Giesecke & Devrient for their credit card issuing.
b) How many customers of said banks were affected by the HD breach.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:27 am

Found out that I was approved with a limit of 40K ! Looks like BMO tries to give you a higher limit than your current highest one, which for me was on the CSP card (29K). They mentioned that I would be receiving my card via regular postal mail, so I think they're sending them out either UPS or USPS.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:13 am

Data point: I got my card in the mail yesterday thru USPS. Received the PIN on Saturday (04 Oct). They gave me a monster line (was thinking of calling them and getting it reduced, but I might just keep it). Their underwriting criteria does not seem to be too strict.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by huntdealz123
Data point: I got my card in the mail yesterday thru USPS. Received the PIN on Saturday (04 Oct). They gave me a monster line (was thinking of calling them and getting it reduced, but I might just keep it). Their underwriting criteria does not seem to be too strict.

They're likely planning ahead for those of us with heavy spending on groceries and prescription drugs..
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:02 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
What's the number are you guys using to contact Diners Club for application status?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by iqbalt80
What's the number are you guys using to contact Diners Club for application status?
The customer service line: 800-2-DINERS (800-234-6377).
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got my card today via USPS from the same address in Chicago where the PIN came from. Apparently they doubled my previous highest CL (which was my CSP). Also, my card number has a lot of zeroes in it, so I'm wondering if they're issuing them sequentially.

BTW, I posted the card's CVM list over at the EMV thread if anyone's interested.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:43 pm

Got my card today via USPS from the same address in Chicago where the PIN came from. Apparently they doubled my previous highest CL (which was my CSP). Also, my card number has a lot of zeroes in it, so I'm wondering if they're issuing them sequentially.

BTW, I posted the card's CVM list over at the EMV thread if anyone's interested.
The automated approval system is granting insane CLs across the board. I know someone with 60k annual income who received a 40k CL.

That's... A little dangerous.

I don't know what I did to get the 7-15 day message (high score, income, no INQs in 12 months, ...), but those are resulting in CLs that are more in line with other issuers (manually approved).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.