Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Diners Club Elite at Target: AFT, fraud alerts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diners Club Elite at Target: AFT, fraud alerts

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by glocklt4
Mine just got shut down and I never went over my $30k limit.
Did you pay it off several times during the billing cycle, an did you pay it using a bill pay feature, or by linking a bank account and issuing payment request from within the DC account page?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Makes you wonder if it's even worth it when and if they reopen.
Reopen what???

Most of the mess seems to be with the $300 card. If they decide to ditch the $300 card (at least in its original implementation of 3x points in certain categories with no caps), it might not be that hard to reopen just the basic $95 Consumer card.

But first they have to figure out, based on their expriences with the original implmentation of the $300 card, how exactly to change things going forward. (And those of us who have had a Diners Club US card since the Citi days through the transition to BMO know from experience how slow BMO is at everything about DC.)
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Reopen what???

Most of the mess seems to be with the $300 card. If they decide to ditch the $300 card (at least in its original implementation of 3x points in certain categories with no caps), it might not be that hard to reopen just the basic $95 Consumer card.

But first they have to figure out, based on their expriences with the original implmentation of the $300 card, how exactly to change things going forward. (And those of us who have had a Diners Club US card since the Citi days through the transition to BMO know from experience how slow BMO is at everything about DC.)
I forget who (maybe you?) but someone mentioned that BMO should switch the 3x bonuses to travel and dining. If they did that, discontinued the Elite and rolled the bonuses into the Premier then it might be something I can use when talking to Chase before AF time rolls around. ^
Old Feb 11, 2015, 2:28 pm

If Diners Club go 3x bonus on travel and dining, my CSP will be closed soon afterwards.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tmiw
I forget who (maybe you?) but someone mentioned that BMO should switch the 3x bonuses to travel and dining.
That was NYCRuss, in post 10 of this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diner...mer-cards.html

Diners Club's charge card legacy is as a T&E (Travel & Entertainment) card, a la Amex charge cards. But what target audience they had in mind for their consumer credit cards, that I'm less clear on. (And NYCRuss's suggestion seemed to be based on the assumption that the target audience for the consumer credit cards is similar to that of the charge card.)
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:41 pm

The incompetence continues...

I got my refund check today from Diner's Club (closed my account after being locked for two months).

I also received a second refund check! Hooray! windfall!

And now I have to sort this out with them. I've wasted so much time on the phone with BMO by this point.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by usbeef
I got my refund check today from Diner's Club (closed my account after being locked for two months).

I also received a second refund check! Hooray! windfall!

And now I have to sort this out with them. I've wasted so much time on the phone with BMO by this point.
Same here! I also have 2 $300 checks. I am simply planning to cash one check in and putting the other in a drawer. I'll call them about a month later so they can't void the checks anymore and tell them about the situation. I'm afraid that if I tell them about the double checks and try to sort it out, they'll mess things up and I'll never receive the money.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I got shutdown, still with a balance on the card and had the $300 credited to it. Still waiting on a supposed letter about why I was shutdown.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by britishcanuck
I got shutdown, still with a balance on the card and had the $300 credited to it. Still waiting on a supposed letter about why I was shutdown.
I'm also waiting on this letter (despite having received refunds). Can't wait til I hit the 30 day mark, because my patience has worn very very thin.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by usbeef
I'm also waiting on this letter (despite having received refunds). Can't wait til I hit the 30 day mark, because my patience has worn very very thin.
I have neither my check (no balance when closed) nor my letter. Even though I was closed weeks ago now. BMO customer service and organization is just stunning....
Old Feb 18, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Called today and was told account closed will receive a letter and check soon. My only concern now is that I don't get a "closed by grantor" on my credit reports...
Old Mar 7, 2015, 1:30 pm

After 2.5+ months of total silence from Diners since shutting me down I finally got this letter in the mail from them today, hopefully the image is large enough that you can read it.

Last edited by yanxfann; Mar 7, 2015 at 1:42 pm
Old Mar 7, 2015, 2:50 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by yanxfann
...this letter...
Not very informative, but I have not yet looked at the referenced portion of the terms. The letter look as if it is hand signed, rather than printed with a facsimile signature. This suggests they really are going through accounts one at a time.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by mia
Not very informative, but I have not yet looked at the referenced portion of the terms. The letter look as if it is hand signed, rather than printed with a facsimile signature. This suggests they really are going through accounts one at a time.
Yeah, that is extremely generic. That's more like a real shutdown letter (compared to others floating around that people are making up for RedBird, etc). I haven't gotten mine yet. I hope this card becomes available to apply for again some day so that wife and I can sign up again and this time do a bit slower to maybe keep longer.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
BTW the terms seem pretty vague:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.