Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Diners (USA) Tailored Travel vs Barclays Arrival

Diners (USA) Tailored Travel vs Barclays Arrival

Old Jan 25, 2015, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by eajusa
In terms of earning money for use as statement credits, when you compare the Arrival Plus with the DC Premier, both w/ a $95 AF, you are correct.
DC = 1.0 Arrival = 2.2 However, the DC Elite, $300 AF, gives you 3.0 on spend for gas, groceries, and drug stores. Again, you are correct that you can get this with other cards that have a lower AF.
This begs the question, why keep either DC card? For me, it is the ability to transfer Club Points to a healthy list of partners, and many transfer at a rate better than 1:1. I have the Premier DC. Even with the 3X categories, I don't think the Elite is worth the extra $205 AF.
PIN priority on a 0% FTF card is my main reason. In fact, this is probably the card I'll be using 100% of the time for my next trip (other than my Schwab card for ATMs). My chip and signature cards will stay in a safe place at the hotel in case I get pickpocketed. Of course, that also means I can't justify the Elite, but I have been tempted to see if I can PC over.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by eajusa
In terms of earning money for use as statement credits, when you compare the Arrival Plus with the DC Premier, both w/ a $95 AF, you are correct.
DC = 1.0 Arrival = 2.2 However, the DC Elite, $300 AF, gives you 3.0 on spend for gas, groceries, and drug stores. Again, you are correct that you can get this with other cards that have a lower AF.
This begs the question, why keep either DC card? For me, it is the ability to transfer Club Points to a healthy list of partners, and many transfer at a rate better than 1:1. I have the Premier DC. Even with the 3X categories, I don't think the Elite is worth the extra $205 AF.
Thanks for your thoughts. I prefer travel credits so I can earn airline status, rather than points transfer. I guess I will kiss my 20 year old DC card goodbye and switch to BC!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.