Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Diners Club airport lounge (reports, questions, discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 10, 2014, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
The lounge access program is a benefit provided by Diners Club International, not by your card issuer. The directory is located here:

http://www.dinersclub.com/airport-lounges.html

There are Diners Club lounges at nearly two dozen USA airports, with multiple locations at several airports.. In general they are the same lounges as used by Priority Pass, with the notable exclusion of the Alaska Airlines clubs.

• Atlanta
  • Baltimore
  • Boston (3)
  • Chicago (2)
  • Cincinnati
  • Dallas
  • Honolulu
  • Houston (2)
  • Las Vegas (2)
  • Los Angeles
  • Miami (3)
  • Minneapolis
  • Newark
  • New York JFK (2)
  • Orlando (2)
  • Phoenix
  • Pittsburgh
  • Sanford , Florida
  • San Francisco
  • San Jose
  • Seattle (2)
  • Washington IAD (3)
Print Wikipost

Diners Club airport lounge (reports, questions, discussion)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: British Airways, Diners Club UK
Have held a Diners Card in the UK for about 5 years now and used it for Lounge Access last week for the first time since 2013 (prior to the £15 charge).

A week on, I do not appear to have been charged....yet. I have never been charged the £50 annual fee either. Do they waive these for people who signed up prior to 2013?

The Lounge I used was the Korean Air at LAX. Quite busy in there but plenty of seating. Mostly Sandwiches, fruit and a pasta salad. Hot and cold drinks and some alcoholic. Decent free wifi. Didnt use the showers but they have them.

Have used the Chicago 'Swissport'(?) lounge a couple of times a few years back. Small and basic. I think there are now two lounges available there.

Also used a Gatwick no.1 Lounge which was pretty good, and another at Edinburgh. This was a good 4 or 5 years ago though.

Couldn't get in the Heathrow T5 lounge in September 2016 as it was full to the rafters.

Oh, and I just remembered I've used Dublin International Lounge and that was pretty good.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:07 am

Baltimore?

Anyone tried to use Diners for entry to The Club at BWI? Most of these locations allow access but this one is not on the website
Old Jun 7, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: TK *G, SkyTeam Elite Plus
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Anyone tried to use Diners for entry to The Club at BWI? Most of these locations allow access but this one is not on the website
I don't want to be bearer of bad news and maybe I'm wrong, but from my experience if it is not listed on Diners Club lounge website, then you don't have access to the lounge.

You can always try, but I think that your chances are slim. Let us know if you try and if I was wrong
Old Jun 7, 2017, 6:03 am

If I get there in time I'll give BWI a try and post results. I may be running late so I'll have to pass if that's the case.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 8:49 am

The Club at BWI

The Club at BWI is not on the Diner's Club website but the sign at the door said it was a Diners Club lounge and I had no problems getting in. Nice size with several sitting areas and a decent food spread. Furniture is a little grungy.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
According to my "Lounge Buddy" App, you have to pay 39$ to enter the Club at BWI if you have the Diners Club

Last edited by smith80678; Jun 9, 2017 at 11:55 am
Old Jun 9, 2017, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smith80678
According to my "Lounge Buddy" App, you have to pay 39$ for one person if you have the Diners Club
Huh? Your comment is out of context (you didn't reply to a specific post) and unclear. Pay $39 for which person (you or your guest)? And where? There are lots of different Diners Club lounges, and it's each individual lounge that sets the pricing.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by smith80678
According to my "Lounge Buddy" App, you have to pay 39$ to enter the Club at BWI if you have the Diners Club
I just checked my Diners Club account. I was not charged. Not sure if I was suppose to be charged, but....
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:37 am

Programs: UA/Plat, AS MPV
SFO Access

Read that time restrictions may apply for the Air France-KLM lounge; any real life experiences?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Confused

i have a work issued Diners Club. So confused reading the rules. Do I pay to enter lounges that accept Dc or only for guests?

tha madhatter.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: Free agent AAdvantage LT GLD
charge for primary cardmember

are there any Diner's airport lounges that charge us as a primary card member? I have a professional card.

secondarily, do any give free guest access? I'm assuming no as I typically get charged back ~$30/guest. the agents say they don't know what I'll be charged but nothing should be a mystery since we put a man on the moon
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:31 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by rayfes
...agents say they don't know what I'll be charged ...
This is accurate. The lounge attendant knows nothing about your agreement with Diners Club. Bear in mind that Diners is a franchise system, and each card issuer sets its own rules.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:24 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Wikipost updated to reflect continuing expansion of Diners Club coverage of USA airports. Nearly two dozen airports now. Amazing reversal from ~2005 when EWR and MIA were the only domestic airports with participating lounges.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mia
Wikipost updated to reflect continuing expansion of Diners Club coverage of USA airports. Nearly two dozen airports now. Amazing reversal from ~2005 when EWR and MIA were the only domestic airports with participating lounges.
It would be nice if SAN got one, but knowing my luck (and how the airport's currently laid out) it'll probably be in T2, which was renovated recently and as a result is not a huge deal to hang out in the main airport area IMO.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
Amazing reversal from ~2005 when EWR and MIA were the only domestic airports with participating lounges.
Well, given that timing, I wonder how much it has to do with declining (or at least certainly not growing) numbers of Diners Club holders in the US. So the lounge operators no longer fear an overload of visitors from Diners Club holders. (It's probably more Priority Pass holders they fear these days!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.