Diners Club is leaving Benelux and France

Old Feb 26, 2014, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Diners Club is leaving Benelux and France

I just got a letter from Diners Club and told me that they are leaving Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg. I can use my card until 31st March 2014.

They are also leaving France.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 9:22 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Do you mean that Diners Club cards will no longer be issued in those countries, or no longer accepted by merchants in those countries, or both?
Old Feb 26, 2014, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by ptxl
I just got a letter from Diners Club and told me that they are leaving Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg. I can use my card until 31st March 2014.

They are also leaving France.
One would think if this were true that the Diners Club Benelux websites would have an announcement. But they don't.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 10:27 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
http://www.4-traders.com/SOCIETE-GEN...ants-17809020/

"Paris, 14 January 2014

SOCIETE GENERALE SIGNS AGREEMENT WITH DISCOVER AND DINERS CLUB CARDS FOR FRENCH MERCHANTS

Societe Generale and Diners Club International, Ltd., a business unit of Discover Financial Services and part of the Discover Global Network, announced a signed agreement that will bolster Discover and Diners Club card acceptance in France."
Old Feb 28, 2014, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Do you mean that Diners Club cards will no longer be issued in those countries, or no longer accepted by merchants in those countries, or both?
Diners Club Benelux and France are going to stop with their services in those 4 countries. But merchants still can accept Diners Club card.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 6:43 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ptxl
Diners Club Benelux and France are going to stop with their services in those 4 countries.
Diners is a franchise system. It may be that the current agreement is expiring and that Diners Club International has awarded the franchise to a different company, or that Discover intends to operate it directly, but it seems unusual that they did not announce their plans if this is a transition.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 1:05 am

Perhaps the OP could post the letter he says that he received from Diners Club (even if it is in French).
Old Mar 1, 2014, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Diners is a franchise system. It may be that the current agreement is expiring and that Diners Club International has awarded the franchise to a different company, or that Discover intends to operate it directly, but it seems unusual that they did not announce their plans if this is a transition.
It is very unsual, I know. I have been DC member for many years although I dont use it, but I will miss it.
Originally Posted by edcba
Perhaps the OP could post the letter he says that he received from Diners Club (even if it is in French).
Try to call DC France, Holland, Belgium or luxembourg if you want to confirm what I said. Use Skype, it is cheaper.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 12:40 pm

Hi

I confirm.

I have received the same information end of January.
Diners club card in Luxembourg will be cancelled as at March 31.
They have already refunded me 9/12 of the cotisation...

Olivier
Old Mar 31, 2014, 10:51 am

I've quit working for Diners Club recently and all the above mentioned countries (Belgium, France, the Netherlands and Luxemburg) as well as Germany were managed by Diners Club Switzerland. Most activities for these countries were run from the same office in Switzerland.

There will be some major changes this year.

The Diners Card for Switzerland will be managed by Cornercard, a Swiss credit card company. The license for Germany will move to DC Bank AG from Vienna, the same company that issues Diners Club cards in Austria and multiple other European countries.

I have no idea what's gonna happen for the Benelux and France. Nobody is overtaking the licences for these countries and it's gonna be hard to get somebody interested for this pile of trash after 15 years of mismanagement.

Last edited by RVP10; Mar 31, 2014 at 11:05 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.