Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

30% transfer bonus to BA October 1 - November 30, 2013 [Canada & USA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2013, 7:10 am
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold

Apparently 30% is now BAEC's normal offer.

Our holiday gift to you, receive 30% more British Airways Avios for every Club Rewards point you convert between October 1, 2013 and November 30, 2013.

From vibrant London to the rich history of Rome, British Airways connects you with the most exciting destinations in the UK, Europe, Asia, and beyond. So whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, British Airways has the right connections to get you there.

British Airways and oneworld® partners operate to over 800 destinations worldwide. With one click you can turn 50,000 Club Rewards points into 65,000 Avios – good towards a round-trip Reward flight* on British Airways.
Get more - Besides Reward flights* on British Airways and oneworld® partners, you can redeem Avios for hotel accommodations, car rental on www.ba.com.

Where can your Avios take you on your next vacation? Use BA's trip calculator to find out.

Convert now through November 30, 2013 to get 30% bonus Avios.

Terms and Conditions
This offer is available only to Diners Club cardmembers who are residents of US with a registered US address and are members of the British Airways Executive Club. This offer expires on November 30, 2013 at 11:59PM EST. Your Diners Club account must be current, open and in good standing to convert Club Rewards points. Points may be subject to forfeiture if your account is closed or delinquent for more than 60 days. Club Rewards points exchanged for Avios may be converted in increments of 1,000 (1,000 Club Rewards points equals 1,300 Avios with bonus). Point conversions are non-reversible. See Club Rewards Terms and Conditions at www.clubrewardsus.com or call 1-800-234-4034 for complete details. Please allow 2 to 4 weeks after your Club Rewards points have been converted for them to post to your Executive Club account.
Not an Executive Club member? Join Now: http://www.britishairways.com/travel...l/public/en_us
Full terms and conditions of the Executive Club apply which can be found on www.ba.com/theclub.
*Reward flights and Rewards tickets are subject to taxes, fees, and carrier charges and subject to availability. Reward travel must originate in US and return to US. At time of this publication, Reward flights are subject to taxes, fees, and carrier charges of
Old Oct 7, 2013, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA silver (soft landing from 1K), AA plat, HHonors gold, Ambassador club, DC
Thanks for posting this. Think the 50% bonus will ever be back?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:16 am
mia
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrydoc
Thanks for posting this. Think the 50% bonus will ever be back?
I would watch for the next American Express Membership Rewards bonus as an indicator of BA's strategy. The American Express bonuses have varied, from a low (I think) of 30% to a high of 50%.

Speculation: currency exchange rates may be a factor in the size of the bonus. When the GBP is high versus the USD it makes selling Avois to US card issuers less profitable for BA if the contract specifies the price in USD, or more expensive for the issuer if the contract specifies the price in GBP.

Last edited by mia; Oct 8, 2013 at 7:23 am
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: all
Originally Posted by mia
I would watch for the next American Express Membership Rewards bonus as an indicator of BA's strategy. The American Express bonuses have varied, from a low (I think) of 30% to a high of 50%.

Speculation: currency exchange rates may be a factor in the size of the bonus. When the GBP is high versus the USD it makes selling Avois to US card issuers less profitable for BA if the contract specifies the price in USD, or more expensive for the issuer if the contract specifies the price in GBP.

the range has been 30-50% ....unfortunately think the next one is gonna be closer to 30 that 50%
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:00 pm
mia
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pantanal
the range has been 30-50% ....unfortunately think the next one is gonna be closer to 30 that 50%
Agreed, because I see that BA is also offering a 30% bonus on transfers from HSBC Premier (UK). This suggests that the exchange rate is not relevant, and that 30% is simply their current promotional level.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 2:12 am

Programs: all
ba has basically been experimenting with different % levels to figure out what gives them the optimum bang for their buck and i think they have reached balance around 30%
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:13 am
mia
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
I would watch for the next American Express Membership Rewards bonus as an indicator of BA's strategy.
BAEC's current promotion with American Express (USA) is a 20% bonus. I speculate that we will not see a 50% bonus for a long while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.