Converting airline miles into DC points?

Subscribe
Will DC accept mileage tranfers from friends or spouses UA or AA accounts.
I was able to transfer miles from 4 UA accounts, including mine, to my DC account as well as from 2 AA accounts, one mine, one my partners, to my DC account also.

As for the last airline partner Delta, we don't fly Delta often enough to have been able to transfer miles to DC from multiple accounts.

[This message has been edited by raffy (edited 10-28-2001).]
Thanks for the info.
Raffy, was the conversion rate good?

Thanks.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ChaseTheMiles:
... was the conversion rate good?</font>
The conversion was 1:1, however, I transferred the miles during the British Airways promotion, where DC allowed the transfer of 1 point to BA 1 mile. Normally, when transferring DC points to miles, the conversion rate is 2:1, which results in a loss.
How far in advance does DC notify participants of the 1:1 BA conversion rate? I noticed the maximum mileage transfer is 50K miles. Do you think it is a wise gamble to transfer points this year?
Actually, the program just ended for this year, in July 2001. I was able to transfer over 490,000 UA/AA/DL miles to DC and then transfer them over to BA. If you use the "Search" feature, there are many posts about this DC program, should you be interested in it. While the offer does claim 50,000 pts per airline, one can actually transfer more than the 50K.
Except Delta, I couldn't get them to transfer more then 50,000 miles to my Diners, no matter how hard I tried.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CG:
Except Delta, I couldn't get them to transfer more then 50,000 miles to my Diners, no matter how hard I tried.</font>
CG, I think the trick was to request the transfers either online or by the automated phone options as opposed to a live person. Others noted that they were also able to transfer more than the limit.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by raffy:
CG, I think the trick was to request the transfers either online or by the automated phone options as opposed to a live person. Others noted that they were also able to transfer more than the limit.</font>
I tried automated phone option from 3 different accounts. could never get more than 50,000 miles transfered.
Did a transfer of 20K DL miles from fiancee's account on my DC card with the automated phone system.

While I appreciated the convenience, I was a bit surprised to see no PIN was required. SkyMiles folks better keep their membership number very confidential!