Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Diners Club (USA) list of transfer partners and ratios (2024).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 31, 2013, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Please use THIS separate thread to report transfer times and problems.
----------------------------------
OneWorld:
Alaska Airlines (11825:10000)
British Airways (11000:10000)

SkyTeam:
Delta Air Lines (10750:10000)
Virgin Atlantic (11000:10000)

Star Alliance:
South African Airways (11000:10000)
Thai Airways.(11000:10000)

Independent:
El Al Airlines (11000:200)
Iceland Air (10000:10000)
Southwest Airlines (14780:10000)

Hotels:
Intercontinental Hotel Group (16667:20000)

Print Wikipost

Diners Club (USA) list of transfer partners and ratios (2024).

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2012, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
I just got a mailing from Amex plugging their promotion for 50% bonus for transferring MR points to BA Avois before the end of May. Diners used to run BA promos almost every year, and it's been a while now. HOW ABOUT IT, DC/BOM???
Old Apr 26, 2012, 8:33 pm
FSU

Do points transfers have to be in the same name as the cardholder?
Old Apr 27, 2012, 7:36 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by FSU
Do points transfers have to be in the same name as the cardholder?
When operated by Citi, Club Rewards was very liberal allowing transfers to most airline or hotel partners without regard to name. However, there were always exceptions. See this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diner...than-mine.html

See also this recent report about a Hyatt transfer which failed due to a name mismatch. What is noteworthy about this incident is not that it failed, but that it took a long while for Diners to figure out the reason. This suggests that even if you were to ask, they may not know which partners require a name match:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diner...t-posting.html
Old May 23, 2012, 9:00 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Can someone post a link as to where to do DC points to airline miles or Hotel points redemptions can be made online? I've spent 30 minutes on the site trying to find it and no luck so far (I could only find their advertising a Avios and an Aeroplan promo). When I login on the Club rewards page it takes me to credit card account management which has no apparent link to Club rewards redemptions.

...and the site keeps on asking me to login again after I have already logged in.
Old May 23, 2012, 9:12 am
mia

Go to: dinersclubus.com
Login
Click: Tools > Club Rewards
Loads: clubrewardsus.com
Click: Travel Rewards > Points to Miles
Click: Partner program logo

You must use the pull-down menu on the right to redeem in predefined increments. For example, if wanted to redeem 25,000 points you would add 20,000 to the basket and then 5,000. You could choose 1,000 and order "25", but then you would have to fill-in your frequent flyer number and birthdate 25 times.
Old May 29, 2012, 3:28 pm
pdb

Originally Posted by RichG
I just got a mailing from Amex plugging their promotion for 50% bonus for transferring MR points to BA Avois before the end of May. Diners used to run BA promos almost every year, and it's been a while now. HOW ABOUT IT, DC/BOM???
FYI: The DC 50% bonus promotion for BA Avios runs through 30-Jun-12.

https://www.clubrewardsus.com/consum...QXZkVHFLTjhYbg

DC does not do a very good job of communicating.
Old May 29, 2012, 3:47 pm
mia

Originally Posted by pdb
DC does not do a very good job of communicating.
Also mentioned in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diner...30-2012-a.html
Old Aug 7, 2012, 6:31 pm

it seems diner's club has only been getting rid of airlines over the years - with the new owner, do you guys expect them to actually add airlines? I've been flying primarily with united/continental and it would help so much if I could somehow get United/Continental mileage for my diner's points. Any slick way of doing it perhaps? like transferring to one thing then another thing then to united? or am I really out of luck on this one? any thoughts appreciated
Old Aug 8, 2012, 9:45 am
mia

When Citibank switched the Canadian and USA-issued cards to MasterCard network several airlines, including UA, left Club Rewards. It is likely that Chase's contract with UA precludes any other MasterCard or VISA card issuer from offering UA miles. I do not foresee that this will change.

You can transfer Club Rewards points to any Star Alliance airline and redeem for travel on every Star Alliance airline, including UA. (This does not mean that you can transfer miles between Star Alliance member program, you must redeem according to the requirements of the program which holds the miles, not the airline operating the flights. ) The Star Alliance transfer partners are:Air Canada, SAS, South African Airways, Thai Airways.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iheartwiki
I've been flying primarily with united/continental and it would help so much if I could somehow get United/Continental mileage for my diner's points. Any slick way of doing it perhaps? like transferring to one thing then another thing then to united? or am I really out of luck on this one? any thoughts appreciated
First of all, many people (including myself) find it useful to collect miles with other airlines than the one I fly the most. Eventually there's probably someplace you want to go that your alliance doesn't fly to. (If your alliance wasn't already Star Alliance, that would be the case for Norway, where beyond OSL which all 3 alliances serve and one or two of the biggest cities beyond that that Sky Team also serves via KLM, only SAS and thus Star Alliance serves most cities in Norway. And I'm sure there are other places in the world where oneworld and/or Sky Team can get you there but Star Alliance can't.)

Second, if you do want all your miles in Star Alliance, Diners Club will only transfer without devluation to others (not UA/CO itself, but UA/CO partners), that you can then use to redeem for UA/CO if you want (and/or other Star Alliance airlines), as mia suggested.

While you can transfer Diners Club to UA by a roundabout method, by transferring to a hotel program first and then transferring from the hotel program to UA, there's severe loss of value incurred there (compared to any airline that Diners does support directly).

Anyway, do you really need only miles and no hotel points? I find Diners particularly useful, since so many airlines dropped out after it became a MasterCard, to transfer to hotel programs rather than airlines. But not for the purpose of transferring onward to airlines, since as I said, that's very "lossy". Rather, for the actual stays, when I run into a city somewhere where cash rates are high, where only one hotel program is represented, and where I don't have much in the way of points in that hotel program yet.

Compare the list of airlines and hotels below and see if you don't agree that it's a much better list of hotels than of airlines (for you):

Originally Posted by mia
Unless otherwise indicated the Diners Club USA to partner transfer ratio is 1000:1000.

OneWorld: British Airways.

SkyTeam: Delta Airlines, Korean Air.

Star Alliance:Air Canada, SAS, South African Airways, Thai Airways.

Independent: Alaska Airlines, El Al Airlines, (1000:20), Eva Airways, Frontier Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Iceland Air, Southwest Airlines (1500:1200), Virgin Atlantic.

Hotels: Best Western (1250:3300), Choice (1250:2400), Hilton (1250:2000), Hyatt (1250:750), Intercontinental Group (1250:1500), Marriott (1250:1500), Starwood (1250:750).

Rail: Amtrak.

USA Corporate accounts can also transfer to American Airlines.

Last edited by mia; Aug 9, 2012 at 7:32 am Reason: Remove obsolete transfer fee reference from quotation.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 11:43 am
mia

Wikipost updated to reflect Eva Air joining Star Alliance.

Travel on American Airlines can be arranged by transferring to: British Airways, Alaska Airlines, or Hawaiian Airlines.

Travel on United Airlines or US Airways can be arranged by transferring to any of the five Star Alliance partners.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Now that the card is back ... I got the $300 version for bonus speeding opportunities, chip & pin, primary insurance, etc.

I've read online that the rewards program requires enrollment and a separate annual fee? Can anyone confirm whether or not this is true, and if so, how to enroll, how much it costs, and if I need to enroll before spending to reap the rewards?

Thanks!
Old Oct 3, 2014, 3:43 pm
mia

Originally Posted by DC777Fan
...rewards program requires enrollment and a separate annual fee?
Neither true for personal cards issued in the USA. Might be true for some Corporate accounts.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 3:43 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Edited to include the proper 50:1 EL AL ratio - 1000 matmid points = 50,000 Diners points.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 3:13 pm

Has the fee for transferring to airlines (95 pts / 1K) been eliminated in the new product as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.