Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Early Returns on BMO Takeover: Utter Disaster

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Early Returns on BMO Takeover: Utter Disaster

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ohmark
I noticed this a few days ago, but didn't post because it appears that luck plays a substantial role. On subsequent attempts, I was simply placed back into the que.
Got the 20 minute hold message twice. Called back again and hit the choice to report my card lost or stolen. Got a CSR within a minute to handle my problems.

They are well aware of the CS disaster thay have created, but I don't know if they know how to fix it.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 3:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
It they don't fix this soon, there aren't going to be any cards to be stolen.

I still can't use my card. At this point, all I want to do is get them to fix my account to reflect the proper balance so that I can pay them off and cancel the the account.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
It they don't fix this soon, there aren't going to be any cards to be stolen.

I still can't use my card. At this point, all I want to do is get them to fix my account to reflect the proper balance so that I can pay them off and cancel the the account.
If I were you, then I would request a statement credit for your annual fee. How can they charge you a fee when you are unable to use your card. Besides, even though the amount of time is short, it is horrendously embarrassing to have your card declined. I guess it is far too normal these days, but not for me.

So far my only trouble has been a weird looking monthly statement and a 25 minute wait time on hold calling to clear up the matter.

For this ownership transition....so far, not good......
Old Nov 22, 2011, 4:22 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by TheCount2
Got the 20 minute hold message twice. Called back again and hit the choice to report my card lost or stolen. Got a CSR within a minute to handle my problems.
Sounds like a solution, but what about the poor schmuck who's calling in because he actually had his card lost/stolen? Now he can't get through?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by ohmark
Sounds like a solution, but what about the poor schmuck who's calling in because he actually had his card lost/stolen? Now he can't get through?
If he's lost this piece of crap card, he's better off.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 7:02 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by BadgerFlyer91
I get this too. And although I can log into my account, that same login doesn't work at the clubrewardsus.com site. Sigh.
If you login to the main site, dinersclubus.com and navigate Tools > Club Rewards it should take you to clubrewardsus.com without a second login. Does this work? Which browser are you using? clubrewardsus.com complains that Chrome is an "unsupported" browser, although it seems to work well enough.

Originally Posted by jfadds
i saw on award wallet that they had deducted club rewards from my balance....then i received an award wallet up date that a large amount of points had been ADDED to my diners club account. go figure.
...i made a claim for tire damage in france and it was DENIED.
After the website transition from Citi to BMO the points earned on my 11.1.2011 statement were deducted from the Club Rewards account balance, and were shown as due to post on 11.30.2011. However, they have now been posted, and the balances changes each date that a transaction posts. Sounds as if the same happened on your account.

What is the reason the tire damage claim was rejected?

Last edited by mia; Nov 23, 2011 at 7:08 am
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:33 am

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
ohmark: The guy who actually lost his card will just get the next CSR in the queue.

jfadds: They paid an insurance claim very quickly for a break-in to a car I rented in Berlin and parked near the Brandenburg Gate. Passenger window was smashed and the factory installed GPS and radio were removed. Perhaps tire damage is not covered. It's not covered by my insurance in the US unless I had tire/wheel insurance. I can attest to that as I damaged two alloy rims in a huge pothole.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 6:34 pm

So, I spent another hour on hold and talking to an agent last evening, who, yet again, understood my issue (they effectively took about $9000 in payments and rather than deduct that amount from my balance, added it to my balance). I was promised that today she would call me back, after speaking to her supervisor to get approval to fix the problem, and give me a detailed explanation of what they were going to do to rectify the situation. Of course, no call was forthcoming.

I know I will sound like a crazy person when I say this, but since Harris Bank is a Chicago institution (yes, I understand they are owned by BMO), the next time I call them, I will let them know that I intend to contact Chicago media outlets to give them some unwanted publicity if they don't correct the mistake.

This is one of those nightmare situations where they humor you and never actually do anything.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
At last, current account activity can be viewed on the website.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
At last, current account activity can be viewed on the website.
Not for me. The only thing showing for me is my November 7 statement. Unlike before the change over, I can't see unbilled activity.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Drummer
Not for me. The only thing showing for me is my November 7 statement. Unlike before the change over, I can't see unbilled activity.
+1. (Except for me, it's my November 8 statement, which should have been a November 7 statement by they issued it a day late.)
Old Nov 29, 2011, 6:27 am

They must be having transition problems. Called to find out why my payment was not posted and the CS rep said they have gotten lots of calls on this. They are having problems with payments from Citibank. She did say they have my payment and it was posted 3 days after receipt. However, it does not show up online. I asked about charges or fees because I had mailed the check 7 days before due and she said there would be none.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 8:36 am

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Originally Posted by biggs
They must be having transition problems. Called to find out why my payment was not posted and the CS rep said they have gotten lots of calls on this. They are having problems with payments from Citibank. She did say they have my payment and it was posted 3 days after receipt. However, it does not show up online. I asked about charges or fees because I had mailed the check 7 days before due and she said there would be none.
Do ANY of your recent transactions show up on line? I can't get anything except statements, my most recent being Nov. 7. No 'Recent Activity' or the like in the drop down.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 9:18 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Drummer
Do ANY of your recent transactions show up on line?
I can see transactions since the last statement. Most of them appear without a posting date, but the total of the charges shown matched the current balance.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 6:03 pm

OMG what a nightmare...

Just spent more than an hour on the phone waiting for a csr - eventually gave up...

Also just tried logging into website again, but it just keeps cycling back to the login page...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.