Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access with other's card?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2010, 2:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Lounge access with other's card?

Hi all. My dad have a diners club card. Can I use it when I travel and get access to lounges? Will the check the diners club card has to be the same as my name in the passport?

Anyone know?
Old Mar 9, 2010, 1:37 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA 1K, AA EXP, Admirals Club, RCC, Avis First
Originally Posted by danishtraveller
Hi all. My dad have a diners club card. Can I use it when I travel and get access to lounges? Will the check the diners club card has to be the same as my name in the passport?

Anyone know?
Usually they will check between a boarding pass and the card. That said, you may be able to argue that you have different legal names (ie - you go by a middle name on your cc, but not on your bp because it has to match passport). It would help if you and your father had similar names or his first name was your middle, etc. It definitely can't hurt to try. They're not going to confiscate the card, so I don't see where the negative is in the whole equation.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 2:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SantaClaraCyms
Usually they will check between a boarding pass and the card. That said, you may be able to argue that you have different legal names (ie - you go by a middle name on your cc, but not on your bp because it has to match passport). It would help if you and your father had similar names or his first name was your middle, etc. It definitely can't hurt to try. They're not going to confiscate the card, so I don't see where the negative is in the whole equation.
Cool thanks a lot!
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:25 pm

Programs: EBS
Originally Posted by danishtraveller

Anyone know?
They will not check your passport, but they will check both your boardingcard and the diners card. Not the same? your will be out at least in Copenhagen. I would not make a fool of myself using others diners card or any other cards. If you do that it could be a question for the police. And infact they are allowed to confiscate the card because they might think it is stolen or fraud, dont do that to your father.

Last edited by bjerregaard; Mar 19, 2010 at 10:34 pm
Old Mar 17, 2011, 2:05 pm

Access to lounge at FRA

Hi,

In april, me and my friend will be going to ALC via FRA and BCN. And since we've got so many transit-hours in Frankfurt, we consider using the Diners Club lounge.

But, it is my dad, and my friends dad who owns the Diners Club cards. My father has Diners EB.

Is it possible to use the cards to get access to the Diners Club lounge, even though we're not the legal card-holders?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by enva
Is it possible to use the cards to get access to the Diners Club lounge, even though we're not the legal card-holders?
Some of the lounges that I have accessed using my Diners Club card have matched the name on the card with my boarding pass. Some have not. I can't comment on what happens in FRA because I have never used my DC card to access a lounge there.

I hate to sound like a stick in the mud, but using someone elses DC card to access a lounge is a bit unethical ( perhaps bordering on theft ). Since I suspect you can probably purchase lounge access in FRA for $ 25 - 30 ( I haven't checked ) I wouldn't make the attempt to access the lounge with someone elses card.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 7:37 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
why not get a supplementary DC from your father? Problem solved...
Old Mar 18, 2011, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by kpc
why not get a supplementary DC from your father? Problem solved...
+1
Old Mar 19, 2011, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by thebobmc
I hate to sound like a stick in the mud, but using someone elses DC card to access a lounge is a bit unethical ( perhaps bordering on theft ). Since I suspect you can probably purchase lounge access in FRA for $ 25 - 30 ( I haven't checked ) I wouldn't make the attempt to access the lounge with someone elses card.
I don't use Mr. Nacho's card to access lounges, but I think as long as the card holder is not using it but let his daughter uses it then I don't see that as theft. For myself to see it as abuse, I would define it as if the lounge service has been used more than once.

Getting a extra card is not that cheap, and if you are not intending to use it often it's not worth it.

For the places we have been, ZRH, CPH - no boarding pass was checked according to Mr. Nacho.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:34 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by nacho
...would define it as if the lounge service has been used more than once.
I disagree. The card issuler prices the membership to take into account an average utilization rate, and this does not provide for unauthorized sharing.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 3:39 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
I would see this as using someone else's credit card (which it is). The lounge attendant is fully entitled to confiscate the card if he/she finds out.
Old May 21, 2012, 5:53 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Airport lounge access benefit

I have my boss's diner club corporate card. Can I use it at approved airport lounges or do I need to order a card in my own name?
Old May 21, 2012, 7:17 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
...need to order a card in my own name?
The name on the card needs to match the name on your other forms of identification. It's possible that a few lounges would not ask for other ID, but most will. You need to request your own card.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 10:38 pm

I don't have name on my card

Is it possible to access lounge with my card that doesn't have my name on it.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Thwayyib
Is it possible to access lounge with my card that doesn't have my name on it.
What does this exactly mean?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.