Search

Another Devaluation -- Insurance

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2010, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Another Devaluation -- Insurance

Well, I got a letter in the mail today from Citibank. I almost through it away since they sent it Standard Mail (usually advertising of some sort). When I opened it, Diners informed me that they were discontinuing Flight Coverage Plus in May!!!

Even worse, this is coverage that I pay $5 EXTRA for each flight I take.

This may be the LAST straw. I really can't justify keeping this card with these constant devaluations. Is the Bank of Montreal deal going through? When are they taking over? My renewal is in the fall. Either they better add some benefits fast or I'll definitely give up on this card.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 12:31 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I have a feeling you're in a small minority that uses such insurance coverage, which is likely why it was discontinued.

Have you explored other insurance options, I was always under the impression that there are much better options than those offered by credit cards available for those wanting such coverage.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 12:41 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by formeraa
Is the Bank of Montreal deal going through? When are they taking over?
When the deal was originally announced in late November it was projected to close by the end of March 2010. However, on 12.31.2009 there was a report that the sale had been "completed". The original Bank of Montreal press release mentioned that under the agreement, Citigroup will continue to provide support until the Diners Club business is fully integrated within BMO.. I don't think there has been any guidance about how long the integration will take.

http://www2.bmo.com/bmo/files/news%2...rs_clubEN.html
Old Feb 23, 2010, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Beckles
I have a feeling you're in a small minority that uses such insurance coverage, which is likely why it was discontinued.

Have you explored other insurance options, I was always under the impression that there are much better options than those offered by credit cards available for those wanting such coverage.
It really depends on how much you fly. The $5 per flight option was very economical for me and it was automatically charged.

When I explored different options a couple of years ago, this was the most economical for what I wanted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.