Diners Club lounges in MEXICO

Subscribe
Next week I am flying to Mexico City and Cancun. Does anyone know how Diners Club cards works over there? At www.dinersclub.com is very confusing nonsense description ''Entry Conditions: Boarding Pass required. Flights on Mexican Airlines (regular and low cost) are not accepted.'' I guess that just translation from spanish is wrong. Anyway they use Aeomexico Club Premier lounge (mexican airline);-)
Yes the rules for access to the DC lounges are often less than clear.

Since they are using the Aeromexico Salon Premier lounges in Mexico, do you think that they mean " Flights on Mexican(a) Airlines (regular and low cost) are not accepted " ?

I shall be travelling through MEX in a couple of weeks (flying on Mexicana to EZE), and will try to access one of the Salon Premier lounges using my DC card. I will post the results.
That's pretty strange, especially since Mexicana is one of their rewards partners.
I would say give it a try and let us know what happens.

It IS possible that they are trying to limit useage to those on international tickets, but I'm not sure.
Quote: It IS possible that they are trying to limit useage to those on international tickets, but I'm not sure.
I had thought of that as well. But the language on the DC website is so muddy who knows what they are really trying to say.

In any case I have something like a 16 hour connection in MEX ( not going to spend all of it at the airport ), so no big deal to stroll up to the nearest Salon Premier lounge and try and get in with the DC card.

Might even try entering a couple of the lounges if I am in a stubborn mood.
Quote: I had thought of that as well. But the language on the DC website is so muddy who knows what they are really trying to say.

In any case I have something like a 16 hour connection in MEX ( not going to spend all of it at the airport ), so no big deal to stroll up to the nearest Salon Premier lounge and try and get in with the DC card.

Might even try entering a couple of the lounges if I am in a stubborn mood.
Please let us know the results - would be very good info to have.
I am sorry to report that my quest to verify the entry conditions for the DC lounges in MEX was a dismal failure.

My Mexicana flights arrived and departed from T1 ( I was flying the $ 287 MX deal to Buenos Aires ), so I wasn't able to access the airside lounges in Terminal 2.

The Salon Premier lounge in Terminal 1 is currently closed for renovations. The sign on the door said it would reopen in December. There was nothing to indicate entry conditions with the DC card.

While wandering around T1 we did stumble across a couple of small AMEX lounges ( Platinum and Gold ). And made good use of the Gold lounge. They are located behind the Duty Free shop across from Gate 19. There is more information about these lounges in the AMEX forum if anyone is interested.
Thanks anyways for following up.
Next week I am flying out of Mexico to Lima on TACA, which leaves from terminal 1 (international). On the Diners website, the only lounge Diners gives access is Aeromexico Salon Premier, which is on National Terminal 2. Is it easy to go from terminal 1 to terminal 2? Is there a lounge on terminal 1 which gives access to Diners card holders?

Thanks!