Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

GoGo 24 Hour Day Passes Available Starting Wednesday (7/15)!!

GoGo 24 Hour Day Passes Available Starting Wednesday (7/15)!!

Old Jul 13, 2009, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Thumbs up GoGo 24 Hour Day Passes Available Starting Wednesday (7/15)!!

I just spoke to a representative at GoGo who informed me they will start offering 24 hour day passes for 12.99 starting this Wednesday!!
Old Jul 13, 2009, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Awesome news! Big ^^^ here!

Will be great for those connecting flights - I'd definitely pay $13 for a 24 hour pass. Great work to GoGo on this one!
Old Jul 13, 2009, 4:27 pm

I would agree as well. I'd actually purchase one of these passes as often the hr flight each way isn't worth it.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 5:17 pm

Programs: *Gold / HHonors Gold
MAy be a silly question but I wasn't sure after reading the Delta website.

So if a flight orginates from JFK for Bogota,Columbia, will GOGO be available? Will it be up to a certain limit before it cuts out (leaving US airspace)? It did say for domestic flights but wonder if this is how it works as I have yet to be on an internet equipped flight.

Thanks.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by buaya00
MAy be a silly question but I wasn't sure after reading the Delta website.

So if a flight orginates from JFK for Bogota,Columbia, will GOGO be available? Will it be up to a certain limit before it cuts out (leaving US airspace)? It did say for domestic flights but wonder if this is how it works as I have yet to be on an internet equipped flight.

Thanks.
First thing is it would have to be on a plane with GoGo. On a JFK-BOG flight that does have GoGo, it should work as long as you're within 200 miles of the US shoreline, which depends on the route you take (looking at Flight Memory, it looks like the flight hugs the coast enough for GoGo between Miami and NYC). Once out of range, the GoGo shouldn't have any connectivity.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
isnt that also similar to how the satelite TV equipped planes work? i flew on a 767 from CUN-ATL and the TV didnt turn on until about halfway through the flight
Old Jul 13, 2009, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gitismatt
isnt that also similar to how the satelite TV equipped planes work? i flew on a 767 from CUN-ATL and the TV didnt turn on until about halfway through the flight
Same general premise - with the Satellite TV, it's based on the satellite's coverage area, which generally is limited to areas over land (no need to waste satellite reception into the middle of the sea). Same is true with the GoGo, except that it's land-based towers.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 6:46 pm
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
Great pricing decision. Definitely increases the likelyhood I"ll purchase it on my flights as I'm almost always connecting.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
But there still is no way of knowing for sure whether the flight that you are connecting to is wi-fi enabled. When the entire fleet is connected, then it will be a different story.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by monitor
But there still is no way of knowing for sure whether the flight that you are connecting to is wi-fi enabled. When the entire fleet is connected, then it will be a different story.
The good news is at least all MD-80s and MD-90s are wi-fi enabled. I know this announcement will make it more likely to book these planes if they fit my schedule.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 8:24 am

any annual options now?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.