777-LR Business Elite Seat Recs?

Old Oct 21, 2010, 3:37 am

Programs: Delta DM, SP Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Icarus99
I have never flown BE but a colleague told me that he found the lie flat seats slightly uncomfortable because there was a slight difference in level between the seat back in the bed position and the surrounding surfaces so he felt as though he was rolling off the comfy bit while he was trying to sleep. Has anyone else experienced this? Perhaps he was on a new seat and it hadn't settled in yet.

I plan to fly from ATL to Tokyo in the next month so it would be great to get a view from someone more experienced.
While far fewer than many I'm sure, I have 7 legs in seats 14 or 7 A/D so far, my most recent being LAX-SYD yesterday (or 2 days ago, or however that time table works).

I don't recall having that sensation your colleague describes. But the seats aren't the most cushy, so maybe that's what he means. You don't really sink into them, so it could feel more like you're sleeping on an exercise matt.

My sole complaint for these seats are that I can't seem to get the seat quite level enough, and always feel like my head is far lower than my shoulders, and it's hard to get to sleep. That said, I don't sleep well on planes at all anyway. THAT said, I slept 5 hours on the LAX-SYD, my most ever. Must be getting used to it.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Icarus99
I have never flown BE but a colleague told me that he found the lie flat seats slightly uncomfortable because there was a slight difference in level between the seat back in the bed position and the surrounding surfaces so he felt as though he was rolling off the comfy bit while he was trying to sleep. Has anyone else experienced this? Perhaps he was on a new seat and it hadn't settled in yet.

I plan to fly from ATL to Tokyo in the next month so it would be great to get a view from someone more experienced.
I fly them regularly and I do not find that to be the case. If you are traveling alone (trust me on this) take the last row of either Business cabins on the window (7A or 14A). The closet creates a "room" when you are reclined. It is brilliant! I am on one tomorrow to ATL and I will be snoozing in 14A!
Old Oct 21, 2010, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Leezell
While far fewer than many I'm sure, I have 7 legs in seats 14 or 7 A/D so far, my most recent being LAX-SYD yesterday (or 2 days ago, or however that time table works).

I don't recall having that sensation your colleague describes. But the seats aren't the most cushy, so maybe that's what he means. You don't really sink into them, so it could feel more like you're sleeping on an exercise matt.

My sole complaint for these seats are that I can't seem to get the seat quite level enough, and always feel like my head is far lower than my shoulders, and it's hard to get to sleep. That said, I don't sleep well on planes at all anyway. THAT said, I slept 5 hours on the LAX-SYD, my most ever. Must be getting used to it.
What I do is use the Duvet to make an extra-soft mattress and ask for a regular blanket. By stuffing a little more of the Duvet towards the top of the seat(reclined) it does fill that gap you are talking about perfectly.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 7:37 am
formerly jameskwon

Programs: AA, DL, Bonvoy, WoH, HH
Indeed, the seat is actually 180 flat.
However, due to the aircraft nose being angled at about 3~5 degrees during cruise, that is why we feel our head is lower than the rest of the body.

Korean air is actually offering 177 degree suite seats on their first class product, because of the reason.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jameskwon
Indeed, the seat is actually 180 flat.
However, due to the aircraft nose being angled at about 3~5 degrees during cruise, that is why we feel our head is lower than the rest of the body.

Korean air is actually offering 177 degree suite seats on their first class product, because of the reason.
That is a brilliant idea. I use 3 degrees of duvet to compensate
Old Oct 27, 2010, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
Hey guys looking for some info here, as of right now I am booked on seat 3D, and I can see that seat 10A is open, which os these 2 seat is better ?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 5:18 pm
mdb

Originally Posted by LADELTA777
Hey guys looking for some info here, as of right now I am booked on seat 3D, and I can see that seat 10A is open, which os these 2 seat is better ?
Toss up. I guess go with the side where there will be less sun for sleeping...
Old Oct 28, 2010, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Leezell
I think you are being kind. I love to sleep on them, but if you are sitting they are rock hard. Which I like my bed to be but not my chair
Old Oct 28, 2010, 2:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SP Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by troyintn
I think you are being kind. I love to sleep on them, but if you are sitting they are rock hard. Which I like my bed to be but not my chair
If they are "rock hard", what would you classify CRJ 100 exit row seats as? "Diamond hard"?

Personally, I don't think they're that hard at all. My bottom must be built different.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 4:04 pm
formerly jameskwon

Programs: AA, DL, Bonvoy, WoH, HH
i know some 777ers are off the roster to install New BE products,
does anyone know when they will be back in service, and which route they are going to be used? (guess TLV, ICN???)
one more, is it going to be same 45seat configuration as LR's??
Old Nov 4, 2010, 2:54 am

Bed Comfort

Thanks to everyone who replied to my query on the bed comfiness. I'll look forward to the trip now!
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:35 pm

Question Best seat in 777lr business elite

Hello All; quick question, I and my wife are flying out in Dec. from Atl to Bkk. I am wondering about seat 14 B,C. Any thoughts on these seats? noise level? privacy?
I am currently in 4 B, C.
I have not had the pleaure of Delta's new Business Elite seats so any thoughts would be helpful

Thanks
Old Nov 26, 2010, 6:48 am
mdb

Originally Posted by swerlini
Hello All; quick question, I and my wife are flying out in Dec. from Atl to Bkk. I am wondering about seat 14 B,C. Any thoughts on these seats? noise level? privacy?
I am currently in 4 B, C.
I have not had the pleaure of Delta's new Business Elite seats so any thoughts would be helpful

Thanks
These are excellent seats with lots of extra room - plenty of privacy, and the noise for the back was not an issue.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 6:43 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...lurkers-2.html, message #19 for photos and comments.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 1:27 pm

We are assigned 14B and 14C on Delta flight 280, NRT to ATL. Anyone ever fly these seats? That is on a 777-200LR

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.