Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Ice storm chance. When would waivers get posted?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2013, 11:37 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
I'm wondering the same thing: can I get ORC for rerouting? I'm trying to reach PM And I'm already cutting it close...
Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:16 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by indufan
Doesn't do any good if there are few, if any, employees there to operate it.
Delta put up some of their employees in hotels at or near HSV.

David
Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:20 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Been wondering about this myself. I'm doing LIT-ATL-DCA on Sunday, right when DC is supposed to get shellacked.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:33 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, , Delta 2MM & DM UA Gold
I just called Delta -- I was scheduled to leave DFW Friday Morning for Medford Oregon... Ice predicted in Dallas starting tonight .5 inch. While all the flights into MFR sold out tonight, they were able to get me into ATL tonight, and then to SLC, and then MFR ( my original flight) tomorrow. Thanks Delta.

Now I just have to worry about the snow tomorrow in MFR
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver (former GM, fighting way back), Paid Delta SC Member, Hertz Gold, Gold HHonors

I keep checking website. No waivers posted. Will wait it out a bit and call later today if needed.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by koreanair720
Been wondering about this myself. I'm doing LIT-ATL-DCA on Sunday, right when DC is supposed to get shellacked.
I'd be just as worried about leaving LIT. If we get anywhere close to the amount of ice predicted tomorrow plus the predicted 2nd wave Saturday night into Sunday morning, LIT may still be having issues with flights on Sunday.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by wrp96
I'd be just as worried about leaving LIT. If we get anywhere close to the amount of ice predicted tomorrow plus the predicted 2nd wave Saturday night into Sunday morning, LIT may still be having issues with flights on Sunday.
Yikes. I'm also supposed to arrive around 1pm on Saturday into LIT. Does that look dicey as well?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 2:22 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Lufthansa Miles & More
Well all schools in LIT area have now been closed for tomorrow. The first wave will hit tonight and taper off tomorrow AM. Will have to see how much ice we actually get and how LIT copes with it.

Then we can worry about the next wave this weekend, LOL.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by powerful pete
Well all schools in LIT area have now been closed for tomorrow. The first wave will hit tonight and taper off tomorrow AM. Will have to see how much ice we actually get and how LIT copes with it.

Then we can worry about the next wave this weekend, LOL.
Yeah I thought Saturday was supposed to be dry so I'd make it. We'll see! Guess I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue, I mean go on my first mileage run.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by koreanair720
Yikes. I'm also supposed to arrive around 1pm on Saturday into LIT. Does that look dicey as well?
We won't know until we see what we get tomorrow. I would call your hotel though to make sure it has power before you step onto the plane Saturday - local power companies have put out warnings to be prepared for 5 to 7 days of power outages.

As to how LIT copes with ice - we don't.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 2:45 pm

Delta advisory:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ter-storm.html

Saw it posted on:

http://boardingarea.com/mommypoints/...e-change-fees/
Old Dec 5, 2013, 3:17 pm

Thanks!
Old Dec 6, 2013, 4:55 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, SPG Plat 100, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
EVV is directly between STL and SDF but not listed. Do they just not list the smaller airports or am I just lucky? Predicting up to 14" of snow just north of EVV today.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by RockStarLurker
EVV is directly between STL and SDF but not listed. Do they just not list the smaller airports or am I just lucky? Predicting up to 14" of snow just north of EVV today.
Call if you want to re-route or re-book. But if it's your destination, than you might just have to wait it out.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 10:38 am

I moved my flights (DCA-ATL-LIT-ATL-DCA) to Monday/Tuesday rather than Saturday/Sunday. (it's just an MR.) Best part: one of my 717 flights got changed to a DC-9-50!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.