Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ALERT! Delta has loaded tons of schedule & aircraft changes for 2014

Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Exclamation ALERT! Delta has loaded tons of schedule & aircraft changes for 2014

You can use this to your advantage under the schedule change rule for award tickets if the change is enough or you have an illegal connection!

Also note many of your seat choices may be changed with these changes.

I would log onto Delta and check all your flights ASAP!^

Also from JSBH in comment #5 the tip - "I'd advise all others to not only check but also to recheck"

Last edited by Renes Points; Nov 23, 2013 at 3:40 pm
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:36 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Thanks!

I have a couple FAY MRs planned and with the schedules changes I have a 25-minute connection....

Let time I did one of these trips to FAY I literally walked off my ATL-FAY plane and over to the next gate (I was in the FAY airport maybe 60 seconds total) and I was the LAST passenger to board the turn-around flight back to ATL.

Nice backup plan, though--there are two later flights each day in case I miss my connection.

Should be an interesting January with these 3 MRs....lol

Last edited by 355F1; Nov 23, 2013 at 2:42 pm
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
The travel gods were with me today turning an unpleasant trip into one that I will enjoy, but as always know your alternatives before calling DL.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Delta GM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond

Thanks, my LIM ATL went from a A332 to 76z.

Last edited by FPRob; Nov 23, 2013 at 3:19 pm
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA GE, CP ED
Exclamation Waves of Updates

Also, they appear to be making updates in waves. I've seen the following occur separately for an August trip:

1) Seating configuration changed for new A330 config but NO seat reassignments (leaving some seat assignments to non-existent seats). Noticed this this morning as per the A330 thread.

2) Schedule updates. Same trip had updated flight times. Actually occurred while I was updating seating selections.

3) Seating reassignments. Yes... even though I had ALREADY updated my seats, DL IT decides to do it again (must have been in queue from before with no validation rule check immediately before update - bad coding).

Fortunately - I've learned to keep checking when it comes to these updates. I'd advise all others to not only check but also to recheck.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 3:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by jsbh
I'd advise all others to not only check but also to recheck.
Great point. I will add this to my post on the blog and HT you!
Old Nov 23, 2013, 3:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
This is exactly why I typically book my flights a max of 4 weeks in advance. I can't imagine booking a flight as far off as August since the schedule/equipment is going to change more than a few times.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
OP, thanks a TON. I had had a total of 12 flight segments booked in /14 already and ALL of them had changed. Nothing major but one of the changes booted me out of my coveted seat 7A on a 777 to Asia so I'm glad I caught that AND I was able to change off of a dreaded Sunday 6a, flight out of LAS. woo hoo!!!! Thanks again OP. in the words of my nephews "good lookin' out!"
Old Nov 23, 2013, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
This is exactly why I typically book my flights a max of 4 weeks in advance. I can't imagine booking a flight as far off as August since the schedule/equipment is going to change more than a few times.
Most of my flying is international and the M/B fares rarely go down plus buying early lets me work at getting the best routes, aircrafts, and seats. When there are changes, the majority of the time this ends of working in my favor and today was a clear example of this.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 3:53 pm

DL changed the arrival time of my last flight in my reservations (no change to departure time) and it says I may miss my connection ???
Old Nov 23, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA GE, CP ED
Originally Posted by Delta Points
Great point. I will add this to my post on the blog and HT you!
Thanks! And kudos to you for spreading the word.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
is a A/C change from mainline to RJ grounds for a flight change?
Old Nov 23, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by suvayanr
I'm not sure but I would guess they would do it for you if you called and asked nicely. Technically they switched you to a different airline.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by suvayanr
Yes it is. Different carrier has been cited as grounds for change even with identical schedules.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA, Delta Kryptonium (DM) Hyatt Diamond IHG Fake Plat (Ambassador), HH Gold
Thanks for the heads up. My LAX - DTW changed to a 76W Had to move our seats in row 3 so my wife and I were sitting together

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.