Search

SkyBonus Minimum spend?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2013, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
SkyBonus Minimum spend?

Hey all,

I received an email from SkyBonus today and noticed something that I have not seen before. On the email it states: "Remember that your company must have at least $5,000 of company travel per year on Delta or any of our eligible airline partners in order to maintain eligibility in the SkyBonus program".

I then checked the T&C on the SkyBonus website and at the very bottom it states: "Participating companies that do not have Delta flown revenue greater than $5,000 USD or the equivalent in other currencies per calendar year may be de-enrolled from the Program. Any Program points accrued will be forfeited should minimum activity level not be reached".

For reference: https://skybonus.delta.com/bizCoTermsConditions.sb

Is this new or has this term always been a part of the program? If this term has always been in place, I guess I missed the memo. If it is new, heads up!
Old Aug 15, 2013, 5:49 pm

its always been like that. Truthfully if you don't spend 5K per year the points will expire before you accumulate enough to get anything
Old Aug 15, 2013, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
Thanks kop84! I guess I have never thoroughly read the T&C. Fortunately, my company spends more than enough on DL. Although, I imagine some small companies might not meet the minimum requirements (or spread their spend on multiple airlines). Either way, they probably aren't accumulating much.

I've seen a few blogs talk about SkyBonus time and again, but never have I seen the bloggers advertise the minimum spend. So to the oblivious (like me), there is in fact a minimum spend!

Last edited by NYCflip; Aug 15, 2013 at 6:05 pm
Old Aug 16, 2013, 2:35 am

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
Is there a way to see on the Skybonus website the $ value they have attributed to your spend? I'm close this year for the spend, I think just under, but don't want to lose the 400,000 points I have accumulated. The thing is all my receipts show the foreign currency value, so not sure what they've counted. Cheers.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 4:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by NYCflip
Thanks kop84! I guess I have never thoroughly read the T&C. Fortunately, my company spends more than enough on DL. Although, I imagine some small companies might not meet the minimum requirements (or spread their spend on multiple airlines). Either way, they probably aren't accumulating much.

I've seen a few blogs talk about SkyBonus time and again, but never have I seen the bloggers advertise the minimum spend. So to the oblivious (like me), there is in fact a minimum spend!
http://boardingarea.com/deltapoints/...based-program/
Old Aug 16, 2013, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Powers106
Is there a way to see on the Skybonus website the $ value they have attributed to your spend? I'm close this year for the spend, I think just under, but don't want to lose the 400,000 points I have accumulated. The thing is all my receipts show the foreign currency value, so not sure what they've counted. Cheers.
Nope, there is no revenue tracker on the skybonus website. Only way I've figured out is to look at the posted receipts and add up the money and do the exchange conversion if required.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 8:18 am

They will probably add that the same time they display yearly spend on the regular Delta site. So possibly, never?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.