Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL Precheck - International Travel

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2013, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - Platinum / Marriott - Platinum Premier / Starwood - Platinum Preferred
ATL Precheck - International Travel

I know this is last minute...but I have a international flight tomorrow out of ATL. I have precheck, but I believe that it's only located on the domestic side. Can I check my bag and go through security (precheck) on the domestic side or do I HAVE to go through on the international side. Essentially is it mandated or just suggested based on the fact that most international flights are out of F and E so it maybe more convenient for passengers to use the internal side? Thanks.
Old May 30, 2013, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by airj1012
I know this is last minute...but I have a international flight tomorrow out of ATL. I have precheck, but I believe that it's only located on the domestic side. Can I check my bag and go through security (precheck) on the domestic side or do I HAVE to go through on the international side. Essentially is it mandated or just suggested based on the fact that most international flights are out of F and E so it maybe more convenient for passengers to use the internal side? Thanks.
TSA Pre✓ is not available on international itineraries, including domestic connections.
Old May 30, 2013, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - Platinum / Marriott - Platinum Premier / Starwood - Platinum Preferred
My boarding pass is showing Precheck for ATL -> SJO out of Terminal E. Is this an error on Delta's behalf?
Old May 30, 2013, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL DM; UA PLT
Originally Posted by LegalTender
TSA Pre✓ is not available on international itineraries, including domestic connections.
This changed around 8May. Worked for me on an international trip 2 weeks ago.

http://blogs.wsj.com/middleseat/2013...ional-flights/

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/freque...gin-plus-more/
Old May 30, 2013, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Did you fly out of ATL? If so, which side were you able to use Precheck for your international flight? Thanks.
Old May 30, 2013, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL DM; UA PLT
Did you fly out of ATL? If so, which side were you able to use Precheck for your international flight? Thanks.
No MSP. Sorry

You should be able to check your bag in the main terminal...use the precheck outside of the T gates and then walk/train to your departure gate, no?
Old May 30, 2013, 9:27 pm

My boarding pass is showing Precheck for ATL -> SJO out of Terminal E. Is this an error on Delta's behalf?
I don't believe SJO is on the list.

If your destination is European Union, Canada and Australia, you're good to go.

Given that your boarding pass shows it, I'd chance it. TSA Pre✓ portal is in the hallway leading to the South Checkpoint. The train to Concourse E takes 5-7 minutes.
Old May 30, 2013, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Great thanks for the quick feedback, my flight is in 10 hours.

Ya, since at the airport every week, I understand how convenient Precheck is. Just didn't know if the Priority Check-In personnel would turn me away and I'd have to hop on the bus over to the other side. But I think you're right, its worth the shot.

Thanks again!
Old May 31, 2013, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by sterno24
This changed around 8May. Worked for me on an international trip 2 weeks ago.

http://blogs.wsj.com/middleseat/2013...ional-flights/

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/freque...gin-plus-more/
Correct, was happy to have it on my last JFK-LHR flight on AA a few weeks ago.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/check...al-travel.html
Old May 31, 2013, 5:15 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I'm not sure I would chance it without home scanning my boarding pass to be sure
Old May 31, 2013, 5:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yes it is now.
Old May 31, 2013, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Confirmed. Just walked through. They just need to add pre-check to the international side. Since allowing pre-check for international flights is so new it's probably coming soon.
Old May 31, 2013, 5:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Wrong.

PC is available on intl. itineraries.
Old May 31, 2013, 8:26 am
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Originally Posted by Often1
Wrong.

PC is available on intl. itineraries.
I can confirm. Almost didn't use because on Intl flight.
My wife ignored me and went over to pre-check.
No issues for both.
This was not a connection, but direct international flight.
Old May 31, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I flew LAX-MSP-AMS-NUE May 8 and was surprised to see the PreCheck notice on my OLCI BP. All went well. Love those three beeps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.