Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club beverage changes confirmed by DL

Old Apr 22, 2013, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE

The IND sky club will stop serving woodford "in the next 3-4 weeks". Not only that, but they are getting rid of all the "branded" liquor in favor of an array of products from Gordon's. The bartender told me (while pointing at the current array of bottles) that the only one that would remain would be Jack Daniels. Presumably that also means no more CC, Dewars, Skyy, Tanqueray, Bacardi, or Bailey's. Instead you can enjoy some fine Gordon's Vodka, or Gordon's Rum, or Gordon's Gin. Not sure if they make scotch or another kind of whiskey/whisky - but if they do, I'm certain that it's disgusting.

Does anyone know if this is a change coming to all the clubs in the system? Or is IND getting special treatment? She says there are no plans for the "premium" bar.

Oh, and I'm sure the title roped a few of you in worried about in-flight service. If they can take our woodford in Indy, the next logical step will be to take it away in-flight. I'm pretty sure there's a poem about that somewhere http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came...

Originally Posted by DLCorpGuy
Delta Sky Clubs are changing the selection of both complimentary and for-purchase premium alcoholic beverages beginning tomorrow. Complimentary well-known alcohol brands will still be provided at the Club just as they have been.

Altering our complimentary offerings will enable us to expand our portfolio of premium for-purchase products and maintain complimentary spirits, beer and wine as we continue to invest in the overall Club experience. We review our Club offerings periodically so that we are able to make changes based on customer feedback, financial considerations and other factors including the variety of options we offer our members.

The new offerings are comparable to house/well brands in other airport lounges.
  • Complimentary spirits: Vodka - Gordon's; Gin – Gordon’s; Rum - Myers's Platinum; Scotch – Scoresby; Bourbon - Jack Daniel's; Sweet Vermouth - Martini & Rossi; Extra Dry Vermouth - Martini & Rossi.
  • Complimentary beer: Budweiser and Miller Lite
  • Complimentary wine: no changes to current wine offerings
Other brands will be available through our for-purchase options available through our Luxury Bar. Our goal is to offer members quality products and services at reasonable prices that are competitive with other airport lounges while continuing to provide good value for membership.

Last edited by RSSrsvp; May 14, 2013 at 8:59 am Reason: Title change requested by DLCorpGuy to reflect the official announcement made in post #263 & added to post #1
Old Apr 22, 2013, 3:09 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
What? Potentially no more Tanqueray Gin in the SkyClubs? I'm trembling just thinking about this. If they switch from Bombay Sapphire in flight I won't be a happy camper, not that DL cares. Can Aristocrat be far behind?
Old Apr 22, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Sky Club
.......s! (edit: I really didn't think this was such a bad word).
Old Apr 22, 2013, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Calamity
Old Apr 22, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL PLAT MM SC Lifetime
OMG! They can't do that.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Big if true. A fine enhancement to follow the recently enhanced annual fee. Would be a poorly disguised attempt to cut costs and drive additional revenue through the "Luxury" bar.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by azeckel
The IND sky club will stop serving woodford "in the next 3-4 weeks". Not only that, but they are getting rid of all the "branded" liquor in favor of an array of products from Gordon's. The bartender told me (while pointing at the current array of bottles) that the only one that would remain would be Jack Daniels. Presumably that also means no more CC, Dewars, Skyy, Tanqueray, Bacardi, or Bailey's. Instead you can enjoy some fine Gordon's Vodka, or Gordon's Rum, or Gordon's Gin. Not sure if they make scotch or another kind of whiskey/whisky - but if they do, I'm certain that it's disgusting.

Does anyone know if this is a change coming to all the clubs in the system? Or is IND getting special treatment? She says there are no plans for the "premium" bar.

Oh, and I'm sure the title roped a few of you in worried about in-flight service. If they can take our woodford in Indy, the next logical step will be to take it away in-flight. I'm pretty sure there's a poem about that somewhere http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came...
No no no noooooooooo
Old Apr 22, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
What? Potentially no more Tanqueray Gin in the SkyClubs? I'm trembling just thinking about this. If they switch from Bombay Sapphire in flight I won't be a happy camper, not that DL cares. Can Aristocrat be far behind?
And they're RAISING the prices for their s****y clubs? I actually heard something similar in the ORD skyclub yesterday and thought it was a confused staff member. I'm hopeful that this is just bad communication. (denial is the first stage)
Old Apr 22, 2013, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Does IND have the hoity-toity luxury bar?

While I was assured by someone in the SC management that this would not happen, my fear has always been that once they started selling "premium" stuff, that the free stuff would be downgraded to cheap industrial swill.

If so, how long before the "you gotta buy the good stuff or drink the swill" mentality moves into FC service?
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by timmy83
And they're RAISING the prices for their s****y clubs? I actually heard something similar in the ORD skyclub yesterday and thought it was a confused staff member. I'm hopeful that this is just bad communication. (denial is the first stage)
The SC fee increase is not new...announced in February.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...te-update.html
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Suggestion... all, ask about this during your club visits over the next week or so and report back here. Especially, your home base club if you have a good rapport there.

OMG... it just dawned on me. Gordon's gin!!!

I didn't even drink that when I was in college.

What is next... Annie Greensprings Apple Wine?
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, MM, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, etc
BLECHH!!!

Well, it will cut down on the crowds in the SC.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by rwoman
The SC fee increase is not new...announced in February.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...te-update.html
I have been aware since february, but raising prices (based on the premise of a certain standard) and decreasing quality simultaneously seems like an utter miserly move. What's next - replacing the fake cheese with cans of ez-cheese?
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL Medialia Platina
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
OMG... it just dawned on me. Gordon's gin!!!

I didn't even drink that when I was in college.

What is next... Annie Greensprings Apple Wine?

No, just Boone's Farm and Mad Dog 20/20.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by timmy83
I have been aware since february, but raising prices (based on the premise of a certain standard) and decreasing quality simultaneously seems like an utter miserly move. What's next - replacing the fake cheese with cans of ez-cheese?
While I am going to hold out hope until the bitter truth stares me in the face, selling us something, and then decreasing the value of what was purchased, is not an unknown practice for Virginia Ave.

Let's just hope that this was a miscommunication, and not the next step towards clubs with vending machines dispensing cans of soda and packaged snacks (accepting, of course, only AMEX cards)... finishing up the conversion of the clubs into bus stations.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.