Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Any good deals available for getting the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL: FO/Silver, Marriott Gold

Hi,
I'm planning to apply for the GOLD DELTA SKYMILES® CREDIT CARD in the (very) near future. Anybody has seen a deal better then the standard?
Thanks, Jazz
Old Jan 11, 2013, 7:20 am

I don't know of any deals but I would recommend just getting the platinum instead. There is no longer a companion pass with the gold. Also if you want MQMs there are spending thresholds for miles and MQMs with the plat.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: DL PM
The platinum splits the skymile signup bonus between MQM and non-MQM miles, whereas the gold card has a higher non-MQM mile (aka RDM) sign up bonus. AmEx also waives the initial annual fee on the gold card.

Gold:
1st year free, ~25-50k RDM sign up bonus

Plat:
Companion certificate at renewal, sign up bonus split between RDM and MQM, MQM bonus with $30k/$60k annual spend.

Both get you Zone 1 boarding and +1 free bag for non-medallion and FO passengers.

Depending on your flying patterns, the MQM may not be that valuable (I qualify on segments, so the MQM bonus doesn't help me much). Second, I can only clear the $30k MQM if I use the DL AmEx as my primary card, but I get better rewards (read: $ at 1.5-3% with a lower annual fee) on other cards.

Sign up bonus "hint": You can choose between the personal and business cards... so you could potentially opt for a free personal DL gold card for free to test the waters; if you find you need the MQM sign up bonus you could then add on a business card which carries the annual fee. The major downsides are that you need to be able to qualify for both cards and you'll have much less time to clear the annual spend minimums to earn the MQM "boost".
Old Jan 11, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
See if you can get one of these 45,000 mile bonus cards to work

Last edited by timmy83; Jan 11, 2013 at 7:50 am Reason: Dead deal
Old Jan 11, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: Skymiles (silver)
I got a 70K offer last year with a 5K spend over 6 months requirement (no special promo code needed). Delta would always advertise their mediocre 30K sign up as I would window shop fares on their website normally. However when I was logged into my skymiles account, I would get an offer for 70K instead. I never really noticed a difference when being logged in before. I could guess that maybe since my account was a couple of years old with no CC that they upped the offer?
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
I'm getting fabulous pop-up ads even on Flyertalk telling me I will get 30,000 bonus miles for signing up for this card...

Upon clicking the ad i'm told the offer is now a miserly 10,000 Skymiles... doesn't seem worth it to me. They really seem to have scaled back here.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:52 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
This is the best recent offer I've seen for the Gold Delta Skymiles card:

30,000 bonus miles after $500 spend.
$50 statement credit on first Delta charge.
No fee first year.

I used a link that appeared on Delta.com when I recently bought a ticket. I since applied for and used the card. Bonus miles posted immediately.

The advertising links on FT and the blog have the offer, but without the $50 statement credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.