Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Is it normal to dump coffee in the toilet?

Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold

Flew MKE-ATL a couple days ago. Early flight. Several people had coffee before the flight left. As we were taxiing, I saw a FA take the remaining pot of coffee and dump it in the toilet and the pot touched the toilet seat. I thought it was disgusting. Is this normal procedure?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
I see this all the time. We have FAs on here frequently, but I'm going to guess that it's actually a standard for hot water (which is really all coffee is) disposal.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
1) yes, i believe this is normal
2) how were you able to see the pot touching the toilet seat from your vantage point?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Because he had the door open to the toilet and I was sitting across from it in the 1st row of 1st class. It was clear.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by donnak
Flew MKE-ATL a couple days ago. Early flight. Several people had coffee before the flight left. As we were taxiing, I saw a FA take the remaining pot of coffee and dump it in the toilet and the pot touched the toilet seat. I thought it was disgusting. Is this normal procedure?
It is only unsettling with the get the pot from the toilet before takeoff!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Unless the lip of the pot touched the seat, who cares? Imagine what else touches the outside of a steel pot during the course of a day.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 6:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Probably the worst thing that toilet saw that day too...
Old Jan 10, 2013, 6:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Platinum (Life), Emirates Gold,GHA Black
Has been for the last 30 years of my flying experience. Why change now what works?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 6:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I'd be worried if it were the reverse!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 6:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 122554
Has been for the last 30 years of my flying experience. Why change now what works?
It's also standard for FAs to stick an unused bag of ground coffee on the lavatory door hook to improve the smell. AFAIK those ground coffee beans are disposed of rather than later being used to make coffee the beverage for passengers on the flight.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 7:23 pm

Least Concern

BBC News - Is the toilet seat really the dirtiest place in the home?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL DM
Not unusual to see the FA do this but not standard procedure according to the maintenance guy I sat next to a couple of months ago; at least on the 757's.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
I'd be worried if it were the reverse!
Kind of tastes like it though.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Because he had the door open to the toilet and I was sitting across from it in the 1st row of 1st class. It was clear.
Why does it matter whether that coffee makes a detour through someone's body or not? It's ultimately the same liquid, just of slightly different color (and flavor I've been told).
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:08 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
Coffee needs to be placed there in the first place. Along with Chik-Fil-A

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.