Wiki Posts
Search

Bye Bye Skymiles via e-Miles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Several dozen
Bye Bye Skymiles via e-Miles

As of January 1, 2013, you will no longer be able to redeem e-MilesŪ miles for Delta SkyMilesŪ. We are committed to providing you with the best possible experience and you will now be able to redeem your miles from a rich catalog of options. If you are eligible and prefer to redeem for Delta SkyMiles, you will have until December 30, 2012 to request a deposit.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What are e-Miles?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:13 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
I'm curious what the redemption ratio will be for the new gift card partners...hopefully 1 emile will be worth 1 cent.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+emiles
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:16 am
Suspended

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What are e-Miles?
Have you ever gotten a pop up ad that says, "you've won a free MAC computer", or something like that? Same thing.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:16 am

Programs: Delta Silver (former GM, fighting way back), Paid Delta SC Member, Hertz Gold, Gold HHonors
Good riddance as I won't miss them. The effort to collect a few miles wasn't worth the time spent filling out surveys only to find out they already had enough participants and you got a rock anyway.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
What are e-Miles?
It works like this:

1. They send you a ton of surveys and give you e-miles for each one.

2. Not wanting to give them your private info, you tell them a bunch of lies.

3. When you get to 500 e-miles (it took me about 10 months), you trade them in for SkyMiles.

I used to do it only to be certain that my SkyMiles would not expire. I stopped when Delta ended its "3 year" policy.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:19 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
What are e-Miles?
Basically you look at ads or charity appeals and they give you 5 miles each time. Then if you actually make a purchase or donation they give you more miles.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:26 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
The good news (maybe) is you'll be able to redeem them for Amazon dot com gift cards, but whether it's worth while is very much TDB.

About the only thing they were good for was keeping an account that otherwise would go dormant alive -- i.e. you could show some account activity by moving using e-miles.

Given the fact Delta miles currently expire, that's not much value.

Bob H
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
As of January 1, 2013, you will no longer be able to redeem e-MilesŪ miles for Delta SkyMilesŪ. We are committed to providing you with the best possible experience and you will now be able to redeem your miles from a rich catalog of options. If you are eligible and prefer to redeem for Delta SkyMiles, you will have until December 30, 2012 to request a deposit.
Yep just got the email too:

Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:40 am

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning
Programs: SkyMiles
I received the e-miles email. too.

I wonder if Delta SkyMiles are going to disappear from e-rewards.com "prizes", as well, in the near future?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:51 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Does anyone know if it is just DL miles being eliminated from the e-Miles program or all airline options?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by BobH
About the only thing they were good for was keeping an account that otherwise would go dormant alive
This is the only reason I do e-Rewards which are more of a PIA than the e-miles.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by hockeystl
This is the only reason I do e-Rewards which are more of a PIA than the e-miles.
Agreed, but e-rewards is also much more lucrative.

Given that I'm only at 405 (and that it takes eon to rack up any miles), I'm gonna see about switching to another account since I won't hit 500 before Dec 30.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:52 am

Also got the email today. I did some survey's from emiles this year - easy 3500 miles. Sad to see the relationship end!

Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Does anyone know if it is just DL miles being eliminated from the e-Miles program or all airline options?
Found this in their FAQs linked through the e-mail:

Q:Will I be able to select a new travel partner for redemption?

A:One of the exciting changes is you will no longer be restricted to a single reward item. Your new reward options will be expanded to include all travel partners available in e-Miles. You get to decide how to redeem your e-Miles miles.

I wonder if this is from Delta's end, part of their upcoming changes to SkyMiles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.