Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta.com overhaul

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: DM, KM,
Originally Posted by Spicy B
Anybody else just being logged out (seemingly) randomly while browsing the site? Today I was navigating through to get to the choice benefits page, and midway it said I timed out and I had to re-log in. I don't know if it was the path I took, or just random.
Happens constantly when trying to book. Very annoying and because I'm a loyal DL flyer, I just deal with it and call the DM line.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 6:24 pm

Are you using Safari? If so it may be due to a known cookie limitation in Safari.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL Plat, DL SkyClub, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, National Emerald Exec
Originally Posted by Miniflyer
However, today when my UG cleared for the weekend, I thought I would test to see if IT had fixed any bugs, specifically relating to seat change after UG. Lo and behold, I was able to change with no problem--and it seems to have stuck!
No such luck here. Had three UGs this past week, none of which would allow me to change my seat on the website.

Had to call the Plat line each time; got three different reactions:

1. "I WISH they'd get that get that fixed. Let's get the seat you want." (I hear ya, sister.)

2. "What seat would you like?"

3. "You must be logged in incorrectly, since no one else has had this problem." (Bit my tongue.)

Just love it when several weeks into an ongoing problem, a customer service rep tries to convince you the problem is user error...... :::sigh:::
Old Dec 16, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: Delta PL, Starwood PL
I just checked in for my flight (with upgrade requested status)... after checking in confirmation I clicked on view upgrade list link and it says "you have to be checked in to see the list"

Then I went back to my trips... now it doesnt even have view upgrade list link...
Checked my mobile app (shows checked in) but no upgrade list link there either
Old Dec 16, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
More changes are coming to delta reservation IT (maybe worth a new thread)

I was talking today with the DM desk, and I found something interesting. Tomorrow (Monday), a new reservation system will be launched (or maybe 'system-wide tested' be more appropriate) that all agents will have to begin using. The system is, in many ways, a modified version of the website and its research functions for reservation agents purposes, and with their additional needed functions.

The bad news though is that (a) It was developed by the same team and concurrently with the new website, and has some of the same 'challenges' (b) see (a)... (c)

In short, I was told today-
(i) apologies in advance if over the next few days/weeks you will find out that waiting time for agents on the phone increases, and some functions become unavailable (ii) you may want to consider some bookings early before the new rollout tomorrow. (iii) hope for the best.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
Originally Posted by dlroads
i was talking today with the dm desk, and i found something interesting. Tomorrow (monday), a new reservation system will be launched (or maybe 'system-wide tested' be more appropriate) that all agents will have to begin using. The system is, in many ways, a modified version of the website and its research functions for reservation agents purposes, and with their additional needed functions.

The bad news though is that (a) it was developed by the same team and concurrently with the new website, and has some of the same 'challenges' (b) see (a)... (c)

in short, i was told today-
(i) apologies in advance if over the next few days/weeks you will find out that waiting time for agents on the phone increases, and some functions become unavailable (ii) you may want to consider some bookings early before the new rollout tomorrow. (iii) hope for the best.
aaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 16, 2012, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DLroads
I was talking today with the DM desk, and I found something interesting. Tomorrow (Monday), a new reservation system will be launched (or maybe 'system-wide tested' be more appropriate) that all agents will have to begin using. The system is, in many ways, a modified version of the website and its research functions for reservation agents purposes, and with their additional needed functions.
Let the UA-style meltdown begin in 10, 9, 8, 7, 6,...
Old Dec 16, 2012, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM, AA, BA, National Emerald

The bad news though is that (a) It was developed by the same team and concurrently with the new website, and has some of the same 'challenges' (b) see (a)... (c)

If this is indeed true who in the world would do this right during the busiest travel holiday season.... Wait did I really just ask that??
Unbelievable!
Old Dec 17, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Today I went to search for flights between 2 cities, going through Traveling With Us, and then Flight Schedules. Rather than be able to do an online search, the only options I am given are a) donwloadable PDF that is basically an oldstyle timetable and b) a route map.

Is anyone else seeing this? Why would they strip even more funcationality away?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Around 20-30 minutes ago I helped my mom book a flight to SFO in February and (surprisingly) neither of us had any problem doing it. She did log in halfway through and then saw ATL somewhere in the mix, but we were done in less than 5 minutes. Good flight times and it's cheaper than my SLC turns

Is the new system online yet?

-J.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
New Reservation system my arse...Still the same crappy Award Booking Engine.

Just tried to book an award ticket to Oslo.

"We're sorry. One or more of the flights you selected just sold out. Please search again to view and select alternate flights."

Same story, new layout. This is beyond painful . I can never expect this to be fixed with Delta. I chose green dates and a travel time that has lower passengers to Norway. Soldout is BS!

Last edited by krpjr; Dec 18, 2012 at 12:44 am
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:40 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by PaperQueen
No such luck here. Had three UGs this past week, none of which would allow me to change my seat on the website.
Same for me this morning......
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:49 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains

Unh,oh.....Same IT peeps doing new res system as did website.....yes, I will wait to make future bookings....
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:50 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Originally Posted by gatechange
If this is indeed true who in the world would do this right during the busiest travel holiday season.... Wait did I really just ask that??
Unbelievable!
I absolutely agree.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Let the UA-style meltdown begin in 10, 9, 8, 7, 6,...
Let's be clear, we're not talking about moving everyone's reservations from one system to another totally different system a la UA>CO, rather DL is upgrading it's own system giving agents (and eventually us) more functionality than before. That is very different than UA. Also different than UA, DL will be investing in training on the new system.

But that's reservations/IT, this thread is about the website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.