Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Upgrade to Platinum Delta SkyMiles Biz CC (Targeted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2012, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Far too many

What do you Delta enthusiasts think of this offer from Amex, targeted to me as a Delta Amex Biz CC holder?

It doesn't look very interesting to me. Effectively $95 for 5K MQMS. I am not likely to spend $50K on this card for another 20K MQM's, nor to reach Delta elite any other way. Nice to have the same account open for another year, but on balance it looks not worth it.

Am I missing something?

Upgrade to the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card and you can earn up to 25,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) the first year, helping you reach Medallion status faster than ever.2 Plus, as a one-time bonus, we'll cover the increase in annual fee from your current Card.

Get a $55 statement credit toward your first annual fee Receive a one-time statement credit of $55, for the difference between your existing membership fee of $95 and the new fee of $150.

Earn 5,000 MQMs after your first purchase3 Once you make your first eligible purchase with your new Card, you can earn 5,000 MQMs and miles.

Enjoy built-in Miles BoostsSM—up to 20,000 MQMs annually4 Earn 10,000 MQMs and miles when you spend $25,000 in a calendar year. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 MQMs and miles when you reach $50,000 in purchases that same year.

The more MQMs you earn, the faster you can reach Medallion status for elite benefits on the ground and in the air. You can still continue to enjoy premium travel benefits like priority boarding,5 first bag checked free,6 and 20% in-flight savings.7
Old Sep 24, 2012, 6:43 pm

They have given better offers, but if you utilize the companion ticket it is now free instead of $99 which covers the fee increase.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Companion benefit

Thank you, a7800. That benefit was not included in the ad for the offer.

The Points Guy analyzes it here: http://thepointsguy.com/2012/05/the-...s-it-worth-it/

It works only for big spenders.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
MQMs roll over each year so even if you don't make status, you'd keep them. To a Delta flyer this is an attractive deal -- I know people who paid $495 for 5k MQMs directly from Delta last year in order to hit GM status.

The bloggers on average seem to value Delta MQMs at around 3 cents each, which would price the value of this offer at around $150. I value them at 2 cents because I'm a bit more conservative, but the rollover benefit that Delta provides is a material sweetener.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by travel light
Thank you, a7800. That benefit was not included in the ad for the offer.

The Points Guy analyzes it here: http://thepointsguy.com/2012/05/the-...s-it-worth-it/

It works only for big spenders.
Are you looking at the same card? Your OP states the "Platinum Delta SkyMiles", but the points guy is talking about a straight Amex Platinum. For the Delta version, check here:

http://www262.americanexpress.com/business-credit-cards/business-card-details/platinum-delta-skymiles-business-credit-card

Or maybe I'm just misreading.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Oct 3, 2012, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Thank you, Amex Delta experts

I appreciate your educating me about the program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.