Wiki Posts
Search

767-400 Business Elite seating

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum
767-400 Business Elite seating

I've just booked a flight from JFK to NCE for me and the fiancee and have never flown the 767-400 BE Class with the lie-flat seating. The Delta rep suggested that we sit across the aisle from one another (4A and 4B) instead of sitting in a "couplet" because "it's hard to talk to one another" in the B/C seats. I figured I'd take his word for it, but it doesn't really make sense as I look at the pictures/video. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The last post here suggests couples would be better served by a B & C pair.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/north...l#post18308105
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL-FO, amex platinum, ducks unlimited, pheasants forever
If its like the 777 configuration, the recommendation is a good one as the side by side seats are divided by a partition. Nice seats by the way, Slept like a baby from Singapore to NRT last January.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by NYC Slack
I've just booked a flight from JFK to NCE for me and the fiancee and have never flown the 767-400 BE Class with the lie-flat seating. The Delta rep suggested that we sit across the aisle from one another (4A and 4B) instead of sitting in a "couplet" because "it's hard to talk to one another" in the B/C seats. I figured I'd take his word for it, but it doesn't really make sense as I look at the pictures/video. Any thoughts? Thanks.
The agent was wrong. S/he was thinking of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK_FafqILjk

which is the 777 BE configuration.

The 767-400ER has the following set-up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N06mWF2yq6c

so the middle two seats would be best for a couple (B and C seats).
Old Apr 17, 2012, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
The agent was wrong. S/he was thinking of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK_FafqILjk

which is the 777 BE configuration.

The 767-400ER has the following set-up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N06mWF2yq6c

so the middle two seats would be best for a couple (B and C seats).
+1

It's a no-brainer. (The only thing that would have been more wrong, would have been a recommendation to sit in an odd-numbered row across the aisle. In that instance, the armrest table would have been even more between the two passengers. In the even row on the single seat side, the armrest is against the window, putting the passenger directly on the aisle, which is why, when flying alone, I prefer the odd-numbered row on any side.)
Old Apr 17, 2012, 1:40 pm
mdb

Just flew that route - really like the new seats for sleeping. The are NOT like the 777, and the agent is wrong -- the seats are sort of staggered, so accross the isle does not allow talking very easily.

However the B/C seats are right next to each other - all are good, though I prefer row 1 due to the extra leg space.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
See the 763 thread. 1A is my vote.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ng-thread.html
Old Apr 17, 2012, 6:30 pm

Programs: Delta DM, EMIRATES GOLD
last row

Anyone sit in 10D in Biz? Any feedback?
Old Apr 21, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS GMVP, HH & Marriott Gold
having flown it a few times, both by myself, with a colleague and with my partner I would say if you're alone choose a seat in the middle of the cabin ODD number either A or D (my personal favourite is 5A by myself and 5BC with someone else) There is foot traffic going backwards in the cabin, so the further back you are the more people have to go by you and the galleys are in the front and sometimes I find the crew don't close the curtain (as per 2 of my recent JFK-LHR night flights) either way, being in the first few rows isn't worth it in my book (plus baby bassinet is BC of row one)
I would say row 10 is the least desired. 10A being the worst because right in front of you is the crew rest and there is a big blue curtain hanging around the seat and it makes the cabin seem smaller, and is out of place with a business Elite feel.

Granted, this is my personal opinion!
~Cheers-
~~Kyle
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:35 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Delta Plat
Best BE seats

Originally Posted by mdb
Just flew that route - really like the new seats for sleeping. The are NOT like the 777, and the agent is wrong -- the seats are sort of staggered, so accross the isle does not allow talking very easily.

However the B/C seats are right next to each other - all are good, though I prefer row 1 due to the extra leg space.
Need help on these seats. Hubby and I will be flying DTW to LHR and I have us booked in 1B and 1C. I booked us bulkhead thinking they would be better seats. Is that true? We are both tall. Is there actually more legroom in bulkhead? Where are the TV's located etc.? Thanks so much
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
See post #2

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-aircraft.html

This should also be useful:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...london-dl.html
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by Rhoke813
Need help on these seats. Hubby and I will be flying DTW to LHR and I have us booked in 1B and 1C. I booked us bulkhead thinking they would be better seats. Is that true? We are both tall. Is there actually more legroom in bulkhead? Where are the TV's located etc.? Thanks so much
The leg room is close to the same.

Screen (don't mind Floyd):
Old Nov 7, 2012, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
The middle 2 seats on the 764 are the best for 2 sitting together. It works out real well actually.

The closer you are to the back of BE, the more the bathroom comes into play as you will have people walking by your seat to get to it and sometimes people just kind of hang out there talking.

The fist 4 rows in the middle seats would be my pick. Remember, it is 1-2-1
Old Nov 7, 2012, 3:21 pm
mdb

1 b & c are best - extra feet room too
Old Nov 7, 2012, 8:45 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by tokyomike
Anyone sit in 10D in Biz? Any feedback?
I wouldn't sit in this seat if I had any other choice. Well, unless the only other choice was 10C.

10D is right by the rear galley/lav and sort of sticks out into the aisle.

10C actually does stick out into the aisle and is exposed on two sides (side and read). It's practically like you're sitting/sleeping in the galley.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.