Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Amazon.com access now free in-flight on Gogo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2012, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM

This is pretty neat, you can now surf Amazon.com and shop online free in-flight without buying a Gogo pass.

It says streaming may be limited, but it would be pretty nice to be able to browse and buy a kindle book, then have it sent to the iPad in the air.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 4:06 pm

Programs: Delta gm Spg gold hilton gold hyatt platinum hertz presidents avis presidential
I was trying to watch a movie from my amazon cloud, but the wifi was too slow to stream. I was really hoping to get to watch a movie for free because of the free amazon, but the amazon cloud is useless in-flight
Old Apr 11, 2012, 4:09 pm

Now I'll be in trouble for shopping too much since it is one of the only options on flight!
Awesome heads up! LOVE Amazon!
Old Apr 11, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Getting so tired of GoGo not working. I was on 4 flights that allegedly had GoGo, soon as we boarded announced not working. Hard to plan on getting work done. Pain to gt a refund for prepaid wireless in the "trip extras".
Old Apr 11, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by mendel k
I was trying to watch a movie from my amazon cloud, but the wifi was too slow to stream. I was really hoping to get to watch a movie for free because of the free amazon, but the amazon cloud is useless in-flight
You are not supposed to stream using GoGo
Old Apr 11, 2012, 5:55 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Asmara
it would be pretty nice to be able to browse and buy a kindle book, then have it sent to the iPad in the air.
I tried before and was not able to sync my Kindle books (on Android) on Gogo. Not sure if it has changed.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 4:28 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
Free GoGo "Visual" Email??

Amazon has a feature in which you take a photo of a product and save it to your "Amazon Remembers" folder. Amazon then searches for similar products and offers you suggestions for purchase. Your original photo is stored in the folder.

What if ..... you took a picture of a handwritten note; and someone else (on the ground) logged into your Amazon account. The "ground" person could then read the note and respond in-kind. Let's call this feature; "Free Amazon Visual Email (FAVE)". Let me know if someone actually pulls this off.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by RRDD
Amazon has a feature in which you take a photo of a product and save it to your "Amazon Remembers" folder. Amazon then searches for similar products and offers you suggestions for purchase. Your original photo is stored in the folder.

What if ..... you took a picture of a handwritten note; and someone else (on the ground) logged into your Amazon account. The "ground" person could then read the note and respond in-kind. Let's call this feature; "Free Amazon Visual Email (FAVE)". Let me know if someone actually pulls this off.
GAMER!!
Old Apr 12, 2012, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
The service started over a month ago http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ght-wi-fi.html
Great feature IMO. Used wifi on my phone to buy a book on my afternoon flight home, and with prime shipping, it arrived at 10am the next day.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 8:09 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred
Anyone actually able to connect to the Kindle server to sync ebook, last page read, bookmark, etc? I still can't.

note: I am using Android's Kindle app, not the Kindle device itself. If that makes a difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.