Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Goodbye SEA and SUX res...Friday 7/27 visit to Seattle with Discount Travel Codes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye SEA and SUX res...Friday 7/27 visit to Seattle with Discount Travel Codes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
A visit to the SEA center (details to follow)

UPDATE: SEE THE SURVEY HERE AND TAKE A MOMENT TO ANSWER:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SEAROCKS

With the closure of the SEA service center, and relocation of many of the dedicated staff members to other centers (including ones that would serve many of you in the elite lines ) we are planning a visit to the center to say thank you in person to the people.

Now, that we got the approval, the plan will slowly (ok, pretty fast) be set. We talked with the center director, and the goals are:

(a) Setting the date (Monday is a good day as we capture alot of people, Friday would work as well). The bias is towards a day that meets with a weekend, so that people can more easily plan to arrive (and use good mileage/$$$ value). Again, please go the following link to specify the dates. We are trying to find a date that meets as many people's schedule as possible, so please select all dates that CAN work (mulitple choices are ALLOWED).

(b) Catering: We got the suggested menu, and workout plan for staff members with special dining req. For the rest, we get some good stuff (don't worry, only the best for the SEA group and the visitors).

So, please follow on this thread (Thank you for allowing us to 'take over' the thread ). A survey NOW FOLLOWS the specific dates here and on the sister site (I am not sure if I aM allowed to memtion our dedicated Patrons here...)

What would we need from you?

OK, first- attend! plan to attend! that's the important part (make it a weekend in Seattle...even better)
second, we will need help filling in those personalized greeting cards to the employees. Who knows? one of them may help you on your next IRROPS...
third, well... details will follow.

Just remember, the SEA center closes on 8/31, but if we show up earlier is better (as people will begin relocation to other centers). Ideally, we are aiming somewhere in July so that we can allow enough people to plan ahead to attend (again, miles/$$, train, make it a MR weekend... have a SEA weekend on the way...)

Soon to appear on the thread:
Timing/Date Survey (Thank you Canarsie for the review)<---DONE! did you complete it? ;-)
Peronalized greeting cards details<--- In process, please see the survey as well.
Potential Guided Tour of Seattle by NWA/Deltaflygirl (Competing with the Brooklyn Reality Tour?)
Other help details<---see survey as well

Last edited by DLroads; Apr 30, 2012 at 9:25 am Reason: UPDATES
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Ballast Medallion, Card Carrying Honorary KM
BYou guys are SO awesome!!!

I'll keep MY calendar open (I currently have S/S off - or will at in mid May)

Just a couple important dates to keep in mind.

June 15th is the day where we are supposed to make our intentions (relocation/furlough/retirement) known.

June 26 - 30th
- (Wednesday -Friday night late) yours truly will be in London for the Bomber Command Memorial dedication. It's something as near and dear to my heart that I wouldn't even give up for a tonne of choc. (Hey, it's an important date for ME! - I wouldn't miss the Lancaster fly-over/poppy drop for ANYTHING.)

August 31 is our last day of ops - but I think our last day of calls will be the 30th. Most people will have moved on before hand.

I'll say it again - you guys are awesome...

PS - I would love to play 'tour guide' to my lovely city - the Underground Seattle tour is NOT to be missed, and a Ferry ride at sunset is just amazing...
Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:37 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Thanks for organizing DLroad.

Hope everything can be done soon so I can make the relevant bookings!
Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
count me in
Old Apr 25, 2012, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by DLroads
Hello all,

With the closure of the SEA service center, and relocation of many of the dedicated staff members to other centers (including ones that would serve many of you in the elite lines ) we are planning a visit to the center to say thank you in person to the people.

Now, that we got the approval, the plan will slowly (ok, pretty fast) be set. We talked with the center director, and the goals are:

(a) Setting the date (Monday is a good day as we capture alot of people, Friday would work as well). The bias is towards a day that meets with a weekend, so that people can more easily plan to arrive (and use good mileage/$$$ value).

(b) Catering: We got the suggested menu, and workout plan for staff members with special dining req. For the rest, we get some good stuff (don't worry, only the best for the SEA group and the visitors).

So, please follow on this thread (Thank you for allowing us to 'take over' the thread ). A survey will follow for the specific dates here and on the sister site (I am not sure if I aM allowed to memtion our dedicated Patrons here...)

What would we need from you?

OK, first- attend! plan to attend! that's the important part (make it a weekend in Seattle...even better)
second, we will need help filling in those personalized greeting cards to the employees. Who knows? one of them may help you on your next IRROPS...
third, well... details will follow.

Just remember, the SEA center closes on 8/31, but if we show up earlier is better (as people will begin relocation to other centers). Ideally, we are aiming somewhere in July so that we can allow enough people to plan ahead to attend (again, miles/$$, train, make it a MR weekend... have a SEA weekend on the way...)

Soon to appear on the thread:
Timing/Date Survey (Thank you Canarsie, I will follow)
Peronalized greeting cards details
Potential Guided Tour of Seattle by NWA/Deltaflygirl (Competing with the Brooklyn Reality Tour?)
Other help details
I'm part-way in...SEA is west of the Mississippi (and those of you that know me know I don't like that part of the country...it's too far ) so I doubt I'll be there in person but I certainly would like to chip in some $$$
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
Hope everything can be done soon so I can make the relevant bookings!
It makes two of us, DHalltheway.

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
count me in
counted, GRALISTAIR

Originally Posted by socrates
I'm part-way in...SEA is west of the Mississippi (and those of you that know me know I don't like that part of the country...it's too far ) so I doubt I'll be there in person but I certainly would like to chip in some $$$
Thank you socrates
Old Apr 25, 2012, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by socrates
Oh my! What is it about our lovely coast that you don't like? We have mountains, the ocean, a moderate sized city with a quirky history (Where on the Underground Seattle tour, you could learn why we had one of the largest population of seamstress on the coast!) and of course the amazing food and views...
Old Apr 25, 2012, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by NWA/Deltaflygirl
Oh my! What is it about our lovely coast that you don't like? We have mountains, the ocean, a moderate sized city with a quirky history (Where on the Underground Seattle tour, you could learn why we had one of the largest population of seamstress on the coast!) and of course the amazing food and views...
nothing specific wrong other than it's too far west for me....doesn't mean I don't ever get that way, I was in SAN a few weeks ago and looks like I'll be spending some time in SFO coming up
Old Apr 30, 2012, 9:11 am

Please note the survey

Dear all,

Please notice the following survey
regarding the visit schedule/dates in SEA

Please take a moment to answer it. I included it in the message above, but I do not have the capability of putting it in the first posting of this thread. I will check if this can be changed.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 9:28 am
Original Poster

DL roads - you have a PM.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by yohanson
Very funny!
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Dear all,

Please take a moment to answer it. I included it in the message above, but I do not have the capability of putting it in the first posting of this thread. I will check if this can be changed.
I have responded.

Thanks for putting this together and coordinating everything DLroads!
Old May 1, 2012, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
For any SEA employees considering moving to SLC please PM me if you want any SLC tips. I moved in 2005 and have not regretted it, although I do visit SEA several times a year.

SLC can be a great place to live, with low cost of living, easy access to outdoor activities, and very friendly people. For someone like myself (non-LDS, beer-loving, democrat) SLC can be a scary place until you understand it!
Old May 2, 2012, 9:16 am

Thank you for the 11 users who already responded. I am encouraging all users to respond as soon as possible, so we can plan ahead (and also help you save $$$/miles for bookings).

So, please notice the following survey
regarding the visit schedule/dates in SEA. One click, two minutes, and you are done! What can be better than having an opprotunity to say thank you in person to the people who watch for your travel needs?
(well, I am trying to work an add-on idea...)

Originally Posted by dcline414
I have responded.
Thank you dcline414

I also like to say thank you for the Cantonese, Mandarin and Japanese speakers  「お返事がありがとうございます。又メールを起きる。」who responded to my call.I will outreach to you for help with the personalized thank you cards to the interpreters in the SEA center.
한국말 하실 줄 아세요? I am still looking for a Korean speaker. If you happen to be one, please identify yourself. 감사합니다

Originally Posted by bworrell
For any SEA employees considering moving to SLC please PM me if you want any SLC tips. I moved in 2005 and have not regretted it, although I do visit SEA several times a year.

SLC can be a great place to live, with low cost of living, easy access to outdoor activities, and very friendly people. For someone like myself (non-LDS, beer-loving, democrat) SLC can be a scary place until you understand it!
Thank you bworrell. I will mention that in the next email to the coordinator, so be aware- you may start receiving PM's...

Last edited by DLroads; May 2, 2012 at 9:30 am
Old May 2, 2012, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Just a big ^ ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.