Skymiles Change Rumor?

Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM
I think we've all learned an important lesson here. When sifting through the trash, please keep in mind that some stuff is there for a reason. That and LedgeT and JSmith50 have terrible sources.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
As per other threads, DL ceased its participation first with e-miles and apparently today also with e-rewards as of Jan 1, 2013. This sounds ominous to me.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Deadtail
I think we've all learned an important lesson here. When sifting through the trash, please keep in mind that some stuff is there for a reason. That and LedgeT and JSmith50 have terrible sources.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 2MM, AA EXP
I still maintain the "rumor" is total BS.

As one of the few who was actually wanting a more dollars based program it is disappointing.

oh well, looks like 2013 will be 60/40 DL/AA on about $80k.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by dean1121
I still maintain the "rumor" is total BS.

As one of the few who was actually wanting a more dollars based program it is disappointing.

oh well, looks like 2013 will be 60/40 DL/AA on about $80k.
Then why don't you credit to UA to become GS/AA to become CK?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM
I think there has been changes to the program. For instance, I was recently able to SDC on an international flight. When I called the DM line and asked to do it, they said that officially I can't SDC on international flights, but they could do it for me. I called about an upcoming flight next week to ask for a specific J seat that was showing blocked (not occupied) on ExpertFlyer, they unblocked the seat and gave it to me. They said normally I would have to see a gate agent but they could do it for me.

I think Delta is now identifying HVC's and allowing the DM line some discretion.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by holtju2
The overhaul is partially to lower the liability that the unused SkyMiles are representing on Delta's book. By making it revenue based both on earning/burning, they could lower the assigned book value of unused miles on their balance sheet and book one time gain.
They can lower the value of unused miles by increasing the redemption levels. "Transcon in Y for a low of 50,000 anyone?"
Old Dec 27, 2012, 7:05 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Richard1148
As per other threads, DL ceased its participation first with e-miles and apparently today also with e-rewards as of Jan 1, 2013. This sounds ominous to me.
FWIW, Southwest is revenue-based and is partnered with e-rewards.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 7:12 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
They can lower the value of unused miles by increasing the redemption levels. "Transcon in Y for a low of 50,000 anyone?"
How is that different from today? lol
Old Dec 27, 2012, 7:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flymanbeast
How is that different from today? lol
Ok then, for you it's 100,000 miles in Y. lol
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:38 pm

I think there has been changes to the program. For instance, I was recently able to SDC on an international flight. When I called the DM line and asked to do it, they said that officially I can't SDC on international flights, but they could do it for me. I called about an upcoming flight next week to ask for a specific J seat that was showing blocked (not occupied) on ExpertFlyer, they unblocked the seat and gave it to me. They said normally I would have to see a gate agent but they could do it for me.

I think Delta is now identifying HVC's and allowing the DM line some discretion.
No no. You fail to understand the purpose of this thread.

All changes must be bad. There can be no positive statements (just kidding)

But "the sky has been falling" for a long time.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Then why don't you credit to UA to become GS/AA to become CK?
Because I live in ATL.

I don't mind going TATL or South America on AA but I still do most domestic on DL. A DM spending $50k Vs $5k should be two different things in my book.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:36 pm

I have felt this too. Just anecdotal, but something might be happening re HVC.

I just don't see a major shift like the OP said.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 4:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

IME the DM line has had some discretion from almost the beginning. Maybe this is being increased or more differentiation is being made behind the scenes among different levels of DM This sounds like what NW did with their supposed seven levels of PE before the merger. DL has and is reportedly using that NW software to evaluate top-tier FF customers.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 5:54 am

So..you actually SDC'd on an International flight...just curious as to the specifics.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.