Skymiles Change Rumor?

Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by iamhereandthere
wrong branding on your ©. Try this:

Sky faith award® :d

gotta keep with the sky team even if the sky is falling.
roflmao. ^ ^
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: Delta -DM"working on KM" Hhonors-Gold Priorityclub- Plat
April 1st is only 10 days away- Maybe Delta (or a Flyertalk member) will send the press release then....
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by bajrbajr
this could all be an elaborate hoax by some individuals with a dark sense of humor, who are now rolling on the floor laughing at the rage they have unleashed. (god I hope so... )
Now, now, it isn't nice to talk about Delta executives this way!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Delta needs some "LUV"

Originally Posted by Dovster
You can't say that for the simple reason that we don't know what "this" is. Yes, Delta is going to take some action in the belief that it will help its bottom line. In fact, I will go beyond that and say that every single business in the world that has any hope of continuing to exist is going to take some action (indeed, "actions") which it believes will help its bottom line.

Will they all be right? No, as proven by Leo Mullin & Co. Will they all be wrong? No, as proven by Jerry Grinstein & Co.

However, anyone who believes that Delta's first obligation is to its passengers (even to elite medallion members) is wrong. Delta's first obligation is to its stockholders. In many instances, it may well be helping its stockholders by giving more to its frequent fliers, but where it hurts its stockholders Delta is going to have make changes.

http://leaderchat.org/2011/01/10/cus...-organization/

Employees first, customers second, shareholders third.......
Who makes money on a much more regular basis? I'm just sayin'
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:37 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Originally Posted by jsmith50
I can tell you from my friend in management at DL that this board IS routinely monitored by DL employees but it is apparently not a single individual's responsibility but more of a decentralized team approach, so that statement is a half-truth.

Wholesale changes would be relative and without breaching information from my friend I was requested not to share, MAJOR changes are coming and he says he is unaware at this point how severe the changes will be but he confirmed that feedback from this very discussion is being discussed internally at DL. Again, another half-truth.

So, I will take that breath once I know what is really coming!
Do I use the brown bag for breathing or puking???
Time will tell......
Oh, I used the brown bag to pack my HAMMY SAMMICH!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: DL BA Amex
Originally Posted by dcline414
Now, now, it isn't nice to talk about Delta executives this way!
I wasn't talking at DL executives... I was talking about FT'ers!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by bajrbajr
I wasn't talking at DL executives... I was talking about FT'ers!
Hey! I resemble that comment!

Seriously though, we may be rude, crude, and socially unacceptable... but we aren't evil conniving maniacs!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Bubba, Thank goodness Jeff has you to protect his delicate sensibilities. And, I understand your opinion that DL management avoids this forum because of its hostile tone.

Some samplings of your diatribes... and I only had to go back about 3 days:

I can't speak for others, but you have no credibility with me when it comes to qualifications for filling in for Emily Post.
StayingHomeIsBetter: what if I told you that many DL execs that I meet, once they hear I participate in FT they say first, "but you seem so normal" then after that ice breaker they ask if I know you or know what your 'story' is?

Apparently many, many people at DL read your posts. (You have a memorable handle). But they don't engage you, doesn't that say something? Possibly about the tone of your posts?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:49 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Apparently many, many people at DL read your posts. (You have a memorable handle). But they don't engage you, doesn't that say something? Possibly about the tone of your posts?
Actually it doesn't say anything. Delta doesn't engage hardly any of us on FT. When they do, it is a one-sided "conversation."
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
You know, a relatively simple search online would lead to a person or persons that are/were part of the project(s) and will allow elaborating other parts of the project, such as replatforming, Customer Score Value, non-flight revenue, segmentation and other "goodies" :-|

If you will begin to link the dots it will be clear the project's roots go back to 2010 and involve other offline steps that has been vested for a while. I think some $#!t may hit the fan... (pardon my French) . DL does not allocate few dozen employees and contractors to a project without a reason.

Again, I just truly hope that delta will depart from its service 'record' and recall that changes in the middle of the 'game', retroactive changes and short notice changes are NOT ALLOWED on customers relations (finger wagging included). Why don't DL decide to have fresh start in customer communication? honesty, try that one. It may actually work sometimes

Last edited by DLroads; Mar 23, 2012 at 12:48 pm
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Anyone want to take bets on when this thread will hit 50K views?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Saturday AM 8AM CDT.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by hnewman
Saturday AM 8AM CDT.
HA! You're crazy! 48k views in 98 hours... that's almost 500 views per hour.

I'd give it until 8PM EDT today, tops!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
How many of those are DL lurkers?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:55 pm

i have not read all 59 pages on this thread so far, but i can tell you this:

i am based in NYC. because of the gate swap at LGA and some other logistical reasons, i switched ALL of my flying this year to delta. the reason i did this was to centralize my miles in one spot and make those miles count for my family since delta flies pretty much everywhere.

hearing rumor of a spending-based model rather than a miles-based model is probably going to chase me away. i fly two or three times a week, most often to destinations where fares are in the sub-$300 range RT. this earns me a nice amount of segments and probably an average amount of miles, but my spend is not large. there is no way to change this. what i spend is up for review by my company and clients and dropping excess money on tickets is not acceptable.

it sounds like delta is not interested in promoting loyalty in customers like me because i'm not flying on $3000 business class tickets every time i step on to a plane.

i'll wait and see what happens, but if it's anything like the accumulated rumors posted here, i'll be taking my business elsewhere. it's a shame, though, since delta has successfully acquired most of the gates at LGA and has a significant presence at JFK. flying will be a bit less convenient for me, but if i'm not the kind of customer valued by delta, i'll just go away.

Last edited by squatch; Mar 23, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.