Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why cant business class award seats be booked on Delta.com for Air France flights?

Why cant business class award seats be booked on Delta.com for Air France flights?

Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nada :(

So there are air france flights from YUL-CDG in september (sepcifically sept 1 but available every day accoording to air france). They are listed on airfrance.us for low level, so normally when this is the case they are available on delta by calling in correct?

I called in today and talked to two agents and a supervisor, but neither of them could see any availability on either of the two daily flights.

Is this route blocked to delta cause its a A380? But what about the other flight that isn't on a 380.

Should I try calling a few more times?

On another note, does anyone know any other routes from NA to EU available on Sept 1?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Try calling again. They should be bookable if the space exists.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 3:44 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Unlike the other thread going on this topic right now, I can see the YUL-CDG award seats for 1SEP12 on DL.dumb. Of course, I then get the "this flight just sold out" error when trying to select it. However, 7DEC12 IAD-CDG is O9 in EF and will only offer economy on DL.dumb. I'd try calling again, and if they can't see it, ask them to go into the AF/KL system to check for inventory. It's been reported once or twice that excellent agents have done such things when Deltamatic was having one of those days.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 9:19 am

About 3 days ago AF (and KL) O class disappeared from sabre, which is where EF gets its data. And delta.com stopped being able to see the O class awards as well even on routes where there is usually plenty of availability. Does anyone know what happened?
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by UserMark
About 3 days ago AF (and KL) O class disappeared from sabre, which is where EF gets its data. And delta.com stopped being able to see the O class awards as well even on routes where there is usually plenty of availability. Does anyone know what happened?
I have no answer to your question, but I saw that too on EF when O inventory went to zero a few days ago. But it got back to normal in about a day. However, now DL cannot see the inventory even though EF sees it. It seems that whatever happened to Sabre messed DL up. I had originally thought that it may have been DL's website recent "upgrade" that caused the problem described in OP.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by kfennell
On another note, does anyone know any other routes from NA to EU available on Sept 1?
DL 64 ATL-MAN and DL 10 ATL-LHR seem to available in business (at the low level) on 9/1.

Edit to add: ATL and JFK to MAD also seem to be available in business at the low level. However, when I search for ATL-MAD I am being offered a two-stop itinerary through JFK and when I search for JFK-MAD I see a one-stop through ATL. Is this for real???

Last edited by michael_v; Mar 17, 2012 at 1:09 pm
Old Mar 17, 2012, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by michael_v
I have no answer to your question, but I saw that too on EF when O inventory went to zero a few days ago. But it got back to normal in about a day. However, now DL cannot see the inventory even though EF sees it. It seems that whatever happened to Sabre messed DL up. I had originally thought that it may have been DL's website recent "upgrade" that caused the problem described in OP.
Have not looked today but yesterday EF had still no O availability on any routes I tried. it's annoying because i'm waiting for a specific flight to upgrade...
Old Mar 18, 2012, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by vgb2001
Have not looked today but yesterday EF had still no O availability on any routes I tried. it's annoying because i'm waiting for a specific flight to upgrade...
Are you checking under Awards & Upgrades or Flight Availability? I'm still seeing it under Awards & Upgrades.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 5:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
I've been having the same problem on a JFK-CDG flight. It shows up in EF and on Air France.com as open in O. Then I call Delta and they say, nope, not avail. Try another agent. Nope, not avail. Then I get the usual song and dance about different inventory blah blah blah. I think something is broken between DL and AF
Old Mar 18, 2012, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by mtkeller
Are you checking under Awards & Upgrades or Flight Availability? I'm still seeing it under Awards & Upgrades.
you were right, O does not show under flight availability anymore but does show with award and upgrade. good call, thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nada :(
Has anyone successfully booked an AF business ticket through delta in the past week, anyone know if the systems are back up yet?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:53 am

Has anyone successfully booked an AF business ticket through delta in the past week, anyone know if the systems are back up yet?
Flights I know have O inventory are still not showing anything useful on DL.dumb. I've just tweeted @DeltaAssist in case they can shed any light on things.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:57 am

My last try (and success) was march 6th.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by mtkeller
Flights I know have O inventory are still not showing anything useful on DL.dumb. I've just tweeted @DeltaAssist in case they can shed any light on things.
Might be worth finding a cooperative agent who will try a long sell for you.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by davisew
Might be worth finding a cooperative agent who will try a long sell for you.
I'm waiting for an upgrade with SWU, so I want to have confidence that things are going to work before I actually choose which North American gateway I'll be departing from and book the ticket. Hopefully this mess gets sorted out in the next day or two!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.