Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How long should it take to get drink coupons from Skybonus???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long should it take to get drink coupons from Skybonus???

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by javabytes
Actually, it says: "3. Coupons are valid for up to 12 months."

(Emphasis added)

Theoretically they could send you coupons that expire in a week, if they wanted...
Mrs. Reds received 20 in October of 2011 which expired December 31, 2011 So far neither of us have had any issues using them.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
Mrs. Reds received 20 in October of 2011 which expired December 31, 2011 So far neither of us have had any issues using them.

Just had one refused a few days ago on a LAX-KOA flight. FA attempted to enter it in his scanner and said he could not take it since it was expired.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 7:12 am

How about skyclub membership - how long does that take?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by currentjer
How about skyclub membership - how long does that take?
The membership shows up quickly, a day or two. I'm still waiting on the card 3.5 weeks later...of course for domestic travel, you don't really need to card.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
No more drink tickets from SkyBonus?

Just logged in to order more drink chits, but despite having enough points, the option for beverage/headset coupons is no longer listed...

Have we seen this before? Is it an end-of-year issue?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by msp2anywhere
Just logged in to order more drink chits, but despite having enough points, the option for beverage/headset coupons is no longer listed...

When I log in, on the left hand side of the redemption page (> Your SkyBonus > Order Rewards), I see the following note in red:

Please note: Beverage or Headset Coupons are currently unavailable as a redemption option.
I'd imagine that this is a temporary thing. FWIW, the drink chits are still listed on the redemption chart at 10,000 points, although they don't show as being currently available for redemption.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I haven't seen this before. Hopefully, they are just waiting to print up a new batch with a Dec 31, 2013 expiration dates and the award has not been permanently dropped.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
Originally Posted by LBJ
I haven't seen this before. Hopefully, they are just waiting to print up a new batch with a Dec 31, 2013 expiration dates and the award has not been permanently dropped.
This is correct. They expire at the end of the year they are issued and Delta is trying to help save your points.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Beverage/Headset coupons are now back as a Sky Bonus redemption option. I assume the new ones are good through Dec 2013 (think I'll wait til next year though just to be safe).
Old Dec 26, 2012, 7:58 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by LBJ
The Beverage/Headset coupons are now back as a Sky Bonus redemption option. I assume the new ones are good through Dec 2013 (think I'll wait til next year though just to be safe).
Per the Skybonus webpage the new expiration date is 12/31/13.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 8:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
good till 2014

Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
Per the Skybonus webpage the new expiration date is 12/31/13.
From PM&M blog it looks like all the new ones are good for 2 years!

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/points...-through-2014/

^
Old Dec 26, 2012, 8:45 am

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
Originally Posted by Delta Points
From PM&M blog it looks like all the new ones are good for 2 years!

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/points...-through-2014/

^
Which is a good move on their part, even though I've never had trouble with FAs accepting expired coupons early in the year.

+1 on the Woodford!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 9:13 am
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
Which is a good move on their part, even though I've never had trouble with FAs accepting expired coupons early in the year.

+1 on the Woodford!
+2 on the Woodford Reserve!

I was so surprised, and happy, to see the new expiration dates of 12/31/2014.

But there is no way these beverage coupons would even see 12/31/13

Still nice to have the option.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Thanks for the heads up on the 2014 expiration date I'm going to order 10 in case the FA's won't accept the ones I have expiring 12/31/12. I have some left that expire on 12/31 and my last flight of the year is Friday and my upgrade has already cleared so I may be giving away a few at the gate Friday.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Apologies for resurecting an old thread but this one seemed appropriate...

I've got 60k skybonus points and it looks like my account will expire as I fall short of the $5k spending requirement (shifted a lot to US/AA) so I'm looking to spend them on drink coupons.

The terms of the Beverage or Headset Coupons (10) say "Coupons are valid through December 31st of the current calendar year."

Anyone have any recent experience that might help me know if these would expire on Dec 31, 14 (per terms) or Dec 31, 15 (per experience in this thread)?

If it's going to be this year, I'll order now and treat a plane full of people (though it seems drinks could run out if I dropped 60). I'd hate to wait to order until Dec 30th or so and then get them only to have them expire out.

Alternatively, I suppose I could play chicken with Delta and see if my points survive until January 1 and then order.

Thanks in advance for anyone sharing any recent experience they may have!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.