Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club - Barcelona Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2012, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Sky Club - Barcelona Spain

Can anyone provide me with information about the lounge at BCN? Specifically looking for location within the airport, food options in the lounge, other amenities etc. Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM; EK Silver; HH Gold
Doesn't the DL webpage have all that info?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:07 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Delta uses a shared lounge, and the check-in explains to you how to get there. After you go through passport control, follow the signs to concourse D. You will then see another sign that says "Airline Lounge". The lounge will have a sign with all the airlines/FF programs welcomed. In terms of food, I remember seeing cold sandwiches/biscuits, cookies and nuts. Other than that, it's a lounge similar to any other European lounge.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton, HI
Originally Posted by ATLTraveler2
Can anyone provide me with information about the lounge at BCN? Specifically looking for location within the airport, food options in the lounge, other amenities etc. Thanks.
Which terminal?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irfan23
Doesn't the DL webpage have all that info?
No, that is why I asked
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by B7e7US
Delta uses a shared lounge, and the check-in explains to you how to get there. After you go through passport control, follow the signs to concourse D. You will then see another sign that says "Airline Lounge". The lounge will have a sign with all the airlines/FF programs welcomed. In terms of food, I remember seeing cold sandwiches/biscuits, cookies and nuts. Other than that, it's a lounge similar to any other European lounge.
Great, thanks for the info.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:22 am

Airline Lounge/VIP Lounge at the airport are run by private companies, not directly by the airline. But the sign will have the airline/FF program it accepts. Food actually is better than in ATL. There is a microwave to heat up sandwiches and all sorts of cookies, pastries, etc. There was a shower in one of them. Wi-fi is free, just ask the front desk.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by G0H0KIES
Airline Lounge/VIP Lounge at the airport are run by private companies, not directly by the airline. But the sign will have the airline/FF program it accepts. Food actually is better than in ATL. There is a microwave to heat up sandwiches and all sorts of cookies, pastries, etc. There was a shower in one of them. Wi-fi is free, just ask the front desk.
Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by G0H0KIES
Food actually is better than in ATL.
You realize how low that bar is, don't you?

Last edited by mikehillwig; Jan 30, 2012 at 9:30 am Reason: fixed quotes
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by mikehillwig
You realize how low that bar is, don't you?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
The lounge at BCN is T2 for ST flights. It is accessible for ST E+ (DL-DM/PM/GM). A SC membership card will not get you in.

I was on a DL award ticket, KL flight.

Last edited by tentseller; Jan 31, 2012 at 7:43 am Reason: Flight info
Old Jan 30, 2012, 3:56 pm

DL-operated flights (BCN-ATL, BCN-JFK) use Terminal 1. The shared lounge is Sala Miro, accessible by elevator past the north (left) passport control checkpoint. Access is for ST E+ (GM/PM/DM) or BE passengers only, SkyClub membership won't get you in. Also no access on arrival.

Clean, self-service bar, mediocre pastries at least when I was there before DL95 recently. Local flavor: there's a carafe of caldo de jamon iberico (ham broth, basically) next to the coffee maker.

NO FREE WIFI, major bummer.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by terrier
DL-operated flights (BCN-ATL, BCN-JFK) use Terminal 1. The shared lounge is Sala Miro, accessible by elevator past the north (left) passport control checkpoint. Access is for ST E+ (GM/PM/DM) or BE passengers only, SkyClub membership won't get you in. Also no access on arrival.

Clean, self-service bar, mediocre pastries at least when I was there before DL95 recently. Local flavor: there's a carafe of caldo de jamon iberico (ham broth, basically) next to the coffee maker.

NO FREE WIFI, major bummer.
I believe you use Sala VIP Miro for Int'l departing flights as it's past security AND customs or Sala VIP Pau Casels Lounge downstairs past security for inter-Europe (Schengen) flights via KLM, AF or AZ.

Here is a great video review of the Miro lounge from Modhop (Pau Casels is nearly identical).

Both are basically the same set-up and operating company, but perhaps one does have 15 mins of free wifi and the other does not?
Old Jan 31, 2012, 8:16 am

I was denied access here as a DL GM here last May.

Very disappointing, as they kept referring me to an old binder and pointing to where it states ONLY PM & DM are allowed access.

Wrote a complaint e-mail and ended up with 2 $100 e-certs from DL ^
Old Jan 31, 2012, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM; Marriott Titanium
Wonderfully chic airport. Just walk around and admire. Even an outdoor courtyard planeside! It's one of my favorite airports.
Enjoy.
(I'd post some pics for you but I can't figure it out)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.