Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Bangkok Floods + Award Ticket + Waiver?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN,DL,AA,UA,B6,more!

Hi Guys,

Things are a mess in Bangkok and north of there as I am sure you all know.

Delta has a waiver until Monday but my girlfriend's award flight isn't until Nov 12th.

Details:

She is flying KE in both directions into Bangkok and out of Singapore. She is in business on an award ticket using my miles.

At this point I am pretty set on changing her last outbound leg to ICN -> HKT to skip BKK all together. The problem is the waiver has yet to be extended.

If the waiver is extended:

1. Could I make this change for free?
2. Would I still be at the mercy of KE award space or do I just need an empty seat?

At this point I am thinking of just eating the $150 (I am lowly silver) and getting her changed. Which raises question 3:

3. If a waiver is extended after I rebook do you think I have a shot at getting the $150 back?

I plan to ask very nicely for them to waive the fee given the circumstances. Mostly curious how others have seen this handled in a waiver scenario on award tickets.

Thanks!

Foo
Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:02 pm

Programs: Delta Ballast Medallion, Card Carrying Honorary KM
Hmmm - the 12th is relatively a ways out - we were flying back into NRT relatively soon after the quake, so it's hard to say WHAT will happen. Also, as the flight is on KE metal things will ALSO depend on what THEY are doing. Alas, my advice is pretty unhelpful at this point as it's entirely up to you - Wait it out and see if a waiver becomes available, or make the change ahead of time.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN,DL,AA,UA,B6,more!
Good news!

Waiver was extended today as of 3PM!

I called and got her moved from BKK to HKT on her outbound leg so this is resolved.

The Silver desk was very nice about it and no fee. I even get a whopping $2.30 back from taxes.

Things like this make me appreciate Delta and continue to fly them ^

Foo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.