Where does Delta use the 747?

Old Sep 6, 2011, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott PLT, SPG GLD, DL PM, National EE
Where does Delta use the 747?

Which flights does it use the 747 on out of ATL? Any comparos between flying 747 vs the 777?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: All the Programs...
On a quick glance through the schedule, DL doesn't fly the 747 to Atlanta, though it does go to Detroit. Mostly they are flown into and out of Narita.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Yeah I noticed that most of the long flights out of ATL are 777, 767 or the A330.

I haven't flown in a 747 in agessss... I wonder how it compares to the 777 (at least in economy comfort... as I do not have the money to pay for Business Elite or First, nor would I as honestly EC on the 777 to DXB was very good).
Old Sep 6, 2011, 9:55 am
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Delta international does not have First Class, only Business.

DL also flies the 747 out of JFK to NRT and TLV.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH gold
Originally Posted by AFONTANEZ
Yeah I noticed that most of the long flights out of ATL are 777, 767 or the A330.

I haven't flown in a 747 in agessss... I wonder how it compares to the 777 (at least in economy comfort... as I do not have the money to pay for Business Elite or First, nor would I as honestly EC on the 777 to DXB was very good).
I am a fan of the 747 as a plane, but would certainly avoid it in any other seat than upper-deck business. There is no AVOD in economy/EC, and the seats are narrow. The plane is a bit dated, as well. Since it is 3-4-3 seating, there is a higher chance of someone needing to crawl over you to get to the aisle.

I like the 777 in 3-3-3 seating, but was not as much as a fan when flying AF (3-4-3)
Old Sep 6, 2011, 10:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by Zomba
I am a fan of the 747 as a plane, but would certainly avoid it in any other seat than upper-deck business. There is no AVOD in economy/EC, and the seats are narrow. The plane is a bit dated, as well. Since it is 3-4-3 seating, there is a higher chance of someone needing to crawl over you to get to the aisle.

I like the 777 in 3-3-3 seating, but was not as much as a fan when flying AF (3-4-3)
The 747 is a classic and as a plane enthusiast, I go out of my way to fly on a 747 even if it means being slightly more uncomfortable. It wont be long before 747's are completely retired from DL's fleet and lord knows if they will be replaced with the 748. Probably not though. i would bet that the 777 will replace the aging jumbojet.

Anyway, it wont be long before DLs 744's are updated with all the trimmings!

Most 744's are on the NRT routes though there is also JFK to TLV and DTW to AMS.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Do the EC seats on the 747 have power outlets?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Not currently. Power ports are only found on AVOD-equipped aircraft.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by AFONTANEZ
Do the EC seats on the 747 have power outlets?
Nope! Just got off one EC 26G, NRT to MSP, no power outlets.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Hey, anyone know when the mods are supposed to start on the 744's?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by Zomba
I am a fan of the 747 as a plane, but would certainly avoid it in any other seat than upper-deck business.
I actually really like the nose section as well (hey, you even get there before the Captain does, if you're in the first two rows!)...got spoilt sitting in the Pan Am First Class cabins (which were in the nose section on their 747s) back in the day!
Old Sep 6, 2011, 10:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Manila to Narita and Narita to DTW are the last routes I flew on a DL 747.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 8:50 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Just did TPE to Narita, with no entertainment. Won't make that mistake again. THere was a China Airlines leaving from the gate next to us, bound for LA I think, and when they join Skyteam I'm going over there. I'm sure they have personal entertainment. Even if they don't, the service has to be better and the FA's cuter. JMO
Old Sep 7, 2011, 8:54 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by randidliyo
Just did TPE to Narita, with no entertainment. Won't make that mistake again. THere was a China Airlines leaving from the gate next to us, bound for LA I think, and when they join Skyteam I'm going over there. I'm sure they have personal entertainment. Even if they don't, the service has to be better and the FA's cuter. JMO
I hate having to fly in the cattle call seats on the 747s without an entertainment system for those long flights. I've started trying to rearrange my travel to make sure I'm on an AVOD equipped aircraft even if it means some re-routing. You're exactly right though, betting China Airlines has 'em!
Old Sep 7, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
Hey, anyone know when the mods are supposed to start on the 744's?
N669US has been at PEK for the past 2 weeks. Not sure if it's getting mods or something else done.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.