Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Ticked @ Wife - Where to go on 798,000 Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2011, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Dl PM-MMX2, AA Gold, UA Priemier, Hyatt D, Hilton D, Marriott Plat, Avis President's

So... I have been saving miles for two years now... was planning to take the wife anywhere she wanted to go this Summer. The greedy, ungrateful, unfaithful, (expletive) just tee'd me off in the most unforgiving way... so I'm taking 3 of my 20 or so weeks of vacation and getting as far away from her as possible -- ALONE. If you had 798,xxx miles... where you recommend I go. The more exotic the better! And, of course, I'm going FC and hopefully on metal with lie flat seats. I don't care if I burn every last mile. Thanks, guys!
Old May 23, 2011, 9:54 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
sounds like a RTW is in order! That number of miles can/may get you three such trips

now, be prepared to spend three weeks planning it and finding availability.

you can also use the award calendar and redeem to SYD. that should wipe your miles out in a single round trip

sorry about the spouse situation. it can't be fun. good to see you looking at the silver lining though...
Old May 23, 2011, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by LALAland
So... I have been saving miles for two years now... was planning to take the wife anywhere she wanted to go this Summer. The greedy, ungrateful, unfaithful, (expletive) just tee'd me off in the most unforgiving way... so I'm taking 3 of my 20 or so weeks of vacation and getting as far away from her as possible -- ALONE. If you had 798,xxx miles... where you recommend I go. The more exotic the better! And, of course, I'm going FC and hopefully on metal with lie flat seats. I don't care if I burn every last mile. Thanks, guys!
Dude...i think a trip is the least of your worries.

But considering we are talking about SkyPesos, you could potentially use all the miles on a domestic coach one-way!
Old May 23, 2011, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Dl PM-MMX2, AA Gold, UA Priemier, Hyatt D, Hilton D, Marriott Plat, Avis President's
Originally Posted by goodandclassy
sounds like a RTW is in order! That number of miles can/may get you three such trips

now, be prepared to spend three weeks planning it and finding availability.

you can also use the award calendar and redeem to SYD. that should wipe your miles out in a single round trip

sorry about the spouse situation. it can't be fun. good to see you looking at the silver lining though...
SYD from ATL out on the 26th and back on June 9th was only 195,000... but its the beginning of Winter down under, right??
Old May 23, 2011, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH gold
Depending on just how ticked you are -- Thailand is always available (BKK/CNX) :0

Be sure to check out the destinations covered by other SkyTeam partners, as well. Asia has a bunch of nice, warm places to blow off some steam.
Old May 23, 2011, 9:59 pm

SYD from ATL out on the 26th and back on June 9th was only 195,000... but its the beginning of Winter down under, right??
Look at V Australia for lower-priced availability
Old May 23, 2011, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by medellinfein
Dude...i think a trip is the least of your worries.

But considering we are talking about SkyPesos, you could potentially use all the miles on a domestic coach one-way!
LOL. Not worried. She can always fly her broom for free.
Old May 23, 2011, 10:07 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Make lemonade out of a lemon. Turn your unhappiness into someone else's happiness by donating your SkyMiles to someone/something who needs them more:

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/use_mi...ties/index.jsp

At the rate you seem to accrue SkyMiles (and with your generous vacation allotment), you should still have enough time to do a little something for yourself, e.g. check out the AF flights from LAX-PPT and from PPT, you can get as exotic as you like. Try camping on the beach.
Old May 23, 2011, 10:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Tel Aviv, brothel capital of the world!
Old May 23, 2011, 10:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL DM
Barter for therapy? If you two are staying together, it sounds like you'll need it.
Otherwise, my favorite exotic, distracting destinations so far are Madagascar, the Galapagos, Panama, & SE Asia. Egypt, too, but that might be TOO distracting...
Old May 23, 2011, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zomba
Depending on just how ticked you are -- Thailand is always available (BKK/CNX) :0

Be sure to check out the destinations covered by other SkyTeam partners, as well. Asia has a bunch of nice, warm places to blow off some steam.
Sounds great. Can't get the calendar to come up on BKK and the dates I entered returned 295,000... I have to call for CNK. What partner carrier would that be?
Old May 23, 2011, 10:17 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
LOL. Not worried. She can always fly her broom for free.
Old May 23, 2011, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheMoose
Make lemonade out of a lemon. Turn your unhappiness into someone else's happiness by donating your SkyMiles to someone/something who needs them more:

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/use_mi...ties/index.jsp

At the rate you seem to accrue SkyMiles (and with your generous vacation allotment), you should still have enough time to do a little something for yourself, e.g. check out the AF flights from LAX-PPT and from PPT, you can get as exotic as you like. Try camping on the beach.
PERFECT! and yes I used to donate to Make-A-Wish yearly... but admit I haven't since the roll-over. Maybe I'l give them the left-overs.
Old May 23, 2011, 10:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Do not worry about where to go.

Instead, spend your time figuring which of her friends you are going to invite to go with you.
Old May 23, 2011, 10:22 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
PERFECT! and yes I used to donate to Make-A-Wish yearly... but admit I haven't since the roll-over. Maybe I'l give them the left-overs.
hm... what if you redeem for AX gift cards and donate those? then you get a cash donation and a tax write-off? And the charities use the gift cards for you know,daily expenses...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.