Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ATL - JNB - ATL on Delta... Pic of N707DN landing

Old Apr 18, 2011, 10:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM

Great job by Delta on the ATL to JNB route. In the airfrance lounge now waiting for 201 to board. great service in J on the way over, even with a broken video system at my seat.

Here's N707DN landing the other day at JNB on 3R.

BTW, there's this really annoying guy in the AF lounge at JNB now. He is apparently video chatting with some kid and had the volume at full blast while making funny faces into his laptop. sheeez, give me a break.

Oh, the lounge is comfy but the food selection sucks and the internet is slower then dial up.

Last edited by DL2SXM; Apr 18, 2011 at 11:09 am
Old Apr 18, 2011, 10:19 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Even with broken video at your seat?
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:01 am
Suspended
Original Poster

$hit happens. I did what any smart flyer does, I brought a book.

another shot of 707DN landing at JNB

and N701DN (the Delta spirit) on Saturday, just landed at JNB and taxiing to its gate

only one place you'll see this; JNB. N701 taxis to gate A7

Last edited by DL2SXM; Apr 18, 2011 at 11:17 am
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:24 am

Programs: Delta DM / Hilton Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nypdLieu
$hit happens. I did what any smart flyer does, I brought a book.
This made my day. Although I can already see that a mob of people on here will advise you to immediately launch a complaint to the DOT and email Richard Anderson to ask for 1000000 miles as compensation, I know it sucks not having AVOD but I wish more people had your attitude. I don't leave my house for any trip without my NOOK or a printed book.

Good for you!
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:32 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingForEternity
This made my day. Although I can already see that a mob of people on here will advise you to immediately launch a complaint to the DOT and email Richard Anderson to ask for 1000000 miles as compensation, I know it sucks not having AVOD but I wish more people had your attitude. I don't leave my house for any trip without my NOOK or a printed book.

Good for you!
The in-flight leader tried to comp me $100.00 for the malfunctioning video system. the computer that they use wasn't working. Oh well. She realized it wasn't working cause every few hours I had to bring it to her attention to see if there was anything she could do.

I got a great tom Clancy book. Nothing beats a good book. Although, I was sort of pissed that 'Caddyshack' kept getting interupted.

I got a feeling that delta gets reimbursed from Panasonic every time there is a failure with the in seat intertainment...just a hunch.

gotta get on 201 now. seat 7A. supposed to be the most private out of the business elite suite seats! ^
Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:59 pm

I got a great tom Clancy book. Nothing beats a good book.
Got to ask--which one?
Old Apr 18, 2011, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Done ATL-JNB in J a few times; really nothing special, just another 777LR flight. Had a real awful crew on one of the flights that made the flight even longer. Seat 7A is good, but I definitely don't call these seats "Suites" even though that is how they are termed.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 8:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
Got to ask--which one?
Tom Clancy's

Ghost Recon - Combat Ops.

written by David Michaels.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 8:44 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLATL777
Done ATL-JNB in J a few times; really nothing special, just another 777LR flight. Had a real awful crew on one of the flights that made the flight even longer. Seat 7A is good, but I definitely don't call these seats "Suites" even though that is how they are termed.
well, you can use whatever term you want. 7A has the most privacy and feels more like a suite then a business class 'seat' then any other seat.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 8:56 am

well, you can use whatever term you want. 7A has the most privacy and feels more like a suite then a business class 'seat' then any other seat.
7A/D
Suite-certainly by space its got a chance, though it does not have the doors that actual suites have (and trust me, it makes a big difference)
Suite-by luxury, not even close.

I view these seats (which are nearly identical to 9W and AC) as the American business class functional take on what a "Suite" is, though they will never, ever compete with the likes of the actual "Suites" offered by CX, EK, EY, JL, etc in F; they are not even on the same level.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
^^
Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLATL777
7A/D
Suite-certainly by space its got a chance, though it does not have the doors that actual suites have (and trust me, it makes a big difference)
Suite-by luxury, not even close.

I view these seats (which are nearly identical to 9W and AC) as the American business class functional take on what a "Suite" is, though they will never, ever compete with the likes of the actual "Suites" offered by CX, EK, EY, JL, etc in F; they are not even on the same level.
Totally agree. I do love 7A/D on the DL 777 but I had the absolute privilege to fly this 2 months ago (among other really good Int biz and fc products:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sxPmZHW62k
Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:07 am
Suspended
Original Poster

what the ****?

doesn't anyone like the pics?
Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:07 am

what the ****?

Yes!

Originally Posted by avidflyer
Totally agree. I do love 7A/D on the DL 777 but I had the absolute privilege to fly this 2 months ago (among other really good Int biz and fc products:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sxPmZHW62k
EK is definitely good; I have flown the Suites once and their regular F once. However, I give the nod to the EY suites for luxury without all the gold (I forced myself to write a trip report about this over in the TR section last September, though I generally do not do that anymore-it was just that good) and I give the CX bed the nod for comfort of the bed, though it lacks the door.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

what the ****?

Yes the pics are great and thank you. Why are you taking it personally that there are some amazing products out there? For the money and for a US airline the DL 777 (an in particular 7A/B ) is one of the best rides out there...i am the FIRST to say that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.