Community
Wiki Posts
Search

75X Y exit row best

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2011, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
75X Y exit row best

Have 19A on 757 transcontinental config (75X)

It's red on seat guru not sure why

Is row 27 better?
Old Apr 9, 2011, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
19A is probably flagged on SeatGuru because the door is right in front of you and will take up some of your side-to-side legroom. The door seals will make it colder than normal during the flight by your legs. On the other hand, if you have to get up during the flight, you can do so without having to disturb your seatmates.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL GM
yeah, nearly all of the space infront of you is taken up by the emergency slide and it is cold!
Old Apr 9, 2011, 9:30 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
yes, row 27 is much better than 19A: no door slides in the way.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Do 27A/F on the 75X have the half-as-thick seat cushions like the Airbuses and 737s do?
Old Apr 10, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by timf
Do 27A/F on the 75X have the half-as-thick seat cushions like the Airbuses and 737s do?

I wonder this as well. I am flying on a transcon 757 soon and keep going back and forth on what seats to pick.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 11:13 am
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
I believe the window seats on the 75X have those makeshift armrests attached to the wall, no? I would definitely opt for 27C or D if 19C is not available.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners
Originally Posted by DLNYC
I believe the window seats on the 75X have those makeshift armrests attached to the wall, no? I would definitely opt for 27C or D if 19C is not available.
Yeah they do have that funky armrest and it is usually about 2 or 3 inches below the other one and IIRC, the seats are less padded. Not the most comfortable for sitting up the entire flight. I generally try to grab 19F since I tend to sleep like a baby on Trans Continental flights and I like the fact that there is nobody in front of me. I've seen the FA's congregate at the galley in front of 19 A, B, C, and I try to avoid that side.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 12:01 pm

Programs: CO PLT, DL GM, Hertz President Circle, SPG Platinum
I would love to see a master post on the ridiculous DL757 sub-fleet, including exit row info. I landed an exit and was dissapointed to see the tray table in the seat rest instead of on the back of the seat in-front of me. I am not huge 5'11' 200; but, it was a pretty uncomfortable experience.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
19A is no good. As others have said, the slide takes up much, if not all, of the room in front of you.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Nearly all of my DL flights this year have been on the 757 w/ row 27 as the exit row. When not upgraded, I always prefer row 27. Yes, the seat is less padded, but the leg room is awesome and you have the reclining seat. Since I've been on several red-eyes this is definitely nice. I usually take 27C.

Also, I like that it's not that far back in the coach cabin. This makes getting off much easier.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 6:16 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by localady
Yeah they do have that funky armrest and it is usually about 2 or 3 inches below the other one and IIRC, the seats are less padded. Not the most comfortable for sitting up the entire flight. I generally try to grab 19F since I tend to sleep like a baby on Trans Continental flights and I like the fact that there is nobody in front of me. I've seen the FA's congregate at the galley in front of 19 A, B, C, and I try to avoid that side.
That's what I was afraid of. I too like 19F even though there's only enough room to extend one leg between the slide and 18E. The benefits compared to row 18 (no full window), 19A (boarding right in front of you), and 26/27 (reduced cushioning and awkward armrest) make it worthwhile if you want a window seat.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 8:16 am

I had 27D from BOS-SLC last week. Excellent legroom! The only downpoint is it's a far reach to the AVOD screen to change between the map, TV, music, etc.

On the flight back, I got F upgrade and I think I had more legroom in the exit row then in F.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL FO
Are the seats in 27 noticeably uncomfortable? I haven't flown in an exit row in years but I don't remember them being uncomfortable or lacking padding in the seat. Maybe things have changed or I had enough drinks preflight that I didn't notice.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 5:55 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TTBHG
Are the seats in 27 noticeably uncomfortable? I haven't flown in an exit row in years but I don't remember them being uncomfortable or lacking padding in the seat. Maybe things have changed or I had enough drinks preflight that I didn't notice.
Didn't want to start a new thread but would like insight on this. I have a 5-hour red-eye on a 75X coming up soon -- I like the window on overnight flights and have 27A selected but wondering if I should switch to 19F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.