Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

I have captured the elusive J "Low" award...in June

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2011, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM/HH Diamond/Marriott Silver

After months of playing with dates so that my girlfriend and I can take a vacation, I finally was able to secure a flight to Paris in J for the 100k redemption rate this June! Even better (to me at least) my outbound is through IAD on the A380 on AF and my return to ATL is on AF as well.

I found the award on similar dates a few days earlier, but the site kept kicking me out saying seats were no longer available when I tried to finalize

So with that said, how is Affaires class on AF?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 6:27 pm

Programs: GM, GHilton
congrats a380 should b really kewl! how did u find the seats?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM/HH Diamond/Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by hunkyleebo
congrats a380 should b really kewl! how did u find the seats?
Thanks. Just used Delta's website and selected book award ticket. I had about 2 weeks worth of days to play with
Old Feb 28, 2011, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I wonder how many posts before someone declares shenanigans.

While the award calendar lies and shows only Med or High for the entire month of June, IAD-CDG on AF metal has Low availability in Business on 6/5, 6/6, 6/7, 6/9, 6/10, 6/13, 6/14, 6/15, 6/18, 6/19, 6/20, 6/21, 6/22, 6/26, 6/27, 6/28, 6/29, and 6/30.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 6:51 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by izmatron
After months of playing with dates so that my girlfriend and I can take a vacation, I finally was able to secure a flight to Paris in J for the 100k redemption rate this June! Even better (to me at least) my outbound is through IAD on the A380 on AF and my return to ATL is on AF as well.

I found the award on similar dates a few days earlier, but the site kept kicking me out saying seats were no longer available when I tried to finalize

Lots of AF availability this summer, especially on the A380 routes IAD and YUL. I flew it last summer (trip report with pics) and it was decent, though I found the angled lie flats to be uncomfortable for sleep.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
What's a J-Lo award?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold

I have to say, availability is not as good as on AA, but J is not elusive... 10 years and 20 tix in J TPAC or TATL to the place we want to go with the stopovers and open jaws we need. It might be that it shouldn't need perseverance and effort, but jeez, where in the world is effort not a major determining factor

And Affaires is nice. Not as good as Lay-Flat in the 77L or 764 but not bad...
Old Feb 28, 2011, 7:10 pm

Programs: DL DM MM; HH Diamond; Starwood Plat, Lifetime Gold; Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by javabytes
I wonder how many posts before someone declares shenanigans.

While the award calendar lies and shows only Med or High for the entire month of June, IAD-CDG on AF metal has Low availability in Business on 6/5, 6/6, 6/7, 6/9, 6/10, 6/13, 6/14, 6/15, 6/18, 6/19, 6/20, 6/21, 6/22, 6/26, 6/27, 6/28, 6/29, and 6/30.
I took 3 on 6/23 for 100k. Route from ATL to IAD in Y but I don't care about that. Return direct to ATL on AF on 777. I live the AF Affaires product and service.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
Low-level business is elusive on DL metal, but that's not the case for partner carriers. The challenge, as others have eluded, is to actually book the partner flights since delta.com is abysmal at that.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND

The Affaires product on the A380 is identical to the rest of the AF fleet, except there is a little museum area for the use of Affaires and Premiere passengers.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
The A380 in J is generally the same as other AF J flights but:

1) The planes are brand spanking new. I couldn't help but notice just how clean looking the interior was - no dirt, grime, smudges on the plastic, etc.

2) The video screens are much bigger. I didn't measure them, but it looked like the video screens were possibly 14 inches or so -- basically the same size as a laptop screen. I'm guessing they are bigger because they are newer. I don't know if other aircraft are going through a refit, but in the last week I flew a A380, A380 and two B777s, and the A380 screens were much much bigger. The other aircraft either had smaller seat-back screens or else the kind the pop up from the armrests.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 7:56 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Having captured the elusive "J Low Award" creature, the Pokemon trainer turns himself in for some well deserved sleep ...

Which trainer type are you???

Youngster?
Bug Catcher?
Hiker?
Fisherman?

Or, are you one of the elusive Ace Trainers who aspires to compete in the Pokemon League ?????
Old Feb 28, 2011, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fly747first
The Affaires product on the A380 is identical to the rest of the AF fleet, except there is a little museum area for the use of Affaires and Premiere passengers.
a museum? of what?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by tfox
What's a J-Lo award?
A business class ticket (J) for the low mileage rate (100k). A rare, nearly extinct species, akin to the ivory-billed woodpecker.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I call bs! Low tier J awards do not exist, period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.