Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

TODAY ONLY (8/31/2010) SkyMall - Spend $500 get 25,000 SkyMiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2010, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*

Just got this via email:

Spend $500 or more on merchandise and get 25,000 miles.

Today Only (8/31/2010)

T&C:
Terms and Conditions:
Offer valid only for purchases made at www.skymall.com/25000. Offer expires at 11:59 PM, MST. Not all merchants participate in discounts or promotions. Excluded items and vendors are noted on the product page. Not valid on previous purchases or purchases made after the expiration day and time. This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion, discount or offer. Not valid on gift cards. Void where prohibited. SkyMall reserves the right to limit quantities or refuse orders. All discounts and offers are available to customers paying USD (US dollars) only.

Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for SkyMiles to be posted to your account. Miles will only be credited on orders placed at www.skymall.com/25000. To be awarded 25,000 miles, the $500 limit must be made on merchandise excluding tax and delivery. Miles will not be credited for cancelled orders or items returned to merchant. Pre-orders and backorders are not subject to award until products are shipped by merchant.

SkyMiles Terms and Conditions:
All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit www.delta.com/memberguide. Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award Travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Prices and rules are subject to change without notice. Delta, SkyMiles, and the Delta logo are registered service marks of Delta Air Lines, Inc.

Delta is not responsible for goods or services offered by any companies participating in miles promotions. Partner offers subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer. See individual offers for details. Partners subject to change. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply.

Old Aug 31, 2010, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Evan!
Just got this via email:

Spend $500 or more on merchandise and get 25,000 miles.

Today Only (8/31/2010)

T&C:
Terms and Conditions:
Offer valid only for purchases made at www.skymall.com/25000. Offer expires at 11:59 PM, MST. Not all merchants participate in discounts or promotions. Excluded items and vendors are noted on the product page. Not valid on previous purchases or purchases made after the expiration day and time. This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion, discount or offer. Not valid on gift cards. Void where prohibited. SkyMall reserves the right to limit quantities or refuse orders. All discounts and offers are available to customers paying USD (US dollars) only.

Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for SkyMiles to be posted to your account. Miles will only be credited on orders placed at www.skymall.com/25000. To be awarded 25,000 miles, the $500 limit must be made on merchandise excluding tax and delivery. Miles will not be credited for cancelled orders or items returned to merchant. Pre-orders and backorders are not subject to award until products are shipped by merchant.

SkyMiles Terms and Conditions:
All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit www.delta.com/memberguide. Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award Travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Prices and rules are subject to change without notice. Delta, SkyMiles, and the Delta logo are registered service marks of Delta Air Lines, Inc.

Delta is not responsible for goods or services offered by any companies participating in miles promotions. Partner offers subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer. See individual offers for details. Partners subject to change. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply.
Is this also applicable to the "carry-ons" in the Sky Mall catalog with the external dimensions that are greater than the size limitations that DL applies?

Have been waiting for an opportunity to share that bit of irony.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 9:41 am

Programs: United 1k (finally!), Hyatt Diamond
I get access denied trying to access that page unfortunately. Might be because I'm trying to do so from mainland China. Pity though Delta's miles are so worthless that while its a good deal, 25,000 SkyPesos really don't get you much :-/
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
it would be nice if they would specifically list which vendors ARE participating. i have only had one cup of coffee so far, so perhaps i am missing that detail? does this mean that ONLY the links on the landing page are eligible? how do i know if i accidentally end up on a vendors page that does not participate?

going back to look over the page again and see if i can figure this out.

thanks for posting the link!

edited. yes i can see how it is set up now. not sure i can find stuff i need that add up to $500 but will look closer.

Last edited by Blue Skye; Aug 31, 2010 at 10:14 am Reason: figured it out. LOL!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:24 am

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Do they sell laptops there?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NCommander
I get access denied trying to access that page unfortunately. Might be because I'm trying to do so from mainland China. Pity though Delta's miles are so worthless that while its a good deal, 25,000 SkyPesos really don't get you much :-/
You are right. Too bad the China address is blocking you.

I look at it like this. This is not a MR or renting an unneeded car or buying overpriced wine just to get miles. I'll actually get something for my $500 from SkyMall. Now SkyMall can be overpriced. After shipping and taxes lets say that I spend $600 for $500 of merchandise (that I really want and/or need) from SkyMall. I'll get 600 SMs from Amex for the spending and 2,500 normal miles from SkyMall ($500 x 5 miles/$1). I'll get a bonus of 25K SMs for the promotion. Total haul: 28,100 miles.

I take 25K and redeem it for $250 of gift cards at SkyMiles Marketplace with vendors I actually use - BB & Beyond for example. I'll use a 20% off coupon with BB&B which raises my buying power at BB&B to ~$310 [$310 - (20% x $310) = $248]. So I'm basically buying ~$810 of merchandise for $600. And I'll still have a gain on my SM account of 3,100 miles.

If I were to spend $900 at SkyMall + $100 in shipping my haul would be 30,500 SMs and the total merchandise value would be $1,275 for spending $1,000 out of pocket.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:54 am

I look at it like this. This is not a MR or renting an unneeded car or buying overpriced wine just to get miles. I'll actually get something for my $500 from SkyMall. Now SkyMall can be overpriced. After shipping and taxes lets say that I spend $600 for $500 of merchandise (that I really want and/or need) from SkyMall. I'll get 600 SMs from Amex for the spending and 2,500 normal miles from SkyMall ($500 x 5 miles/$1). I'll get a bonus of 25K SMs for the promotion. Total haul: 28,100 miles.

I take 25K and redeem it for $250 of gift cards at SkyMiles Marketplace with vendors I actually use - BB & Beyond for example. I'll use a 20% off coupon with BB&B which raises my buying power at BB&B to ~$310 [$310 - (20% x $310) = $248]. So I'm basically buying ~$810 of merchandise for $600. And I'll still have a gain on my SM account of 3,100 miles.

If I were to spend $900 at SkyMall + $100 in shipping my haul would be 30,500 SMs and the total merchandise value would be $1,275 for spending $1,000 out of pocket.
wow! all that math made my head swim! however, ^^ to you for thinking out of the box on maximizing your miles and effectively using your buying power. i have so much to learn.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:56 am
hs1

You are right. Too bad the China address is blocking you.

How do you get extra 5 miles per $ spent?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:59 am

Spend $500 on stuff I don't need, of questionable quality and value, and get 25K miles I can't really use. Not exactly for me. Too bad the Bose stuff isn't in this promo.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by bmchris
Spend $500 on stuff I don't need, of questionable quality and value, and get 25K miles I can't really use.
Couldn't have said it better.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hs1
How do you get extra 5 miles per $ spent?
From the Delta website it says 5 miles per $1 spent.

Originally Posted by bmchris
Spend $500 on stuff I don't need, of questionable quality and value, and get 25K miles I can't really use. Not exactly for me. Too bad the Bose stuff isn't in this promo.
Couldn't agree more. I would not spend $500 on stuff I don't need. There are some items at SkyMall that I have had my eye on for quite some time but never took the plunge. If I can't find a really good haul of merchandise for my $500 I will not let the 25K carrot make me buy junk I don't want or need.

If I were an ebay person I might look at what merchandise I thought I could re-sell on ebay to recoup some of the $500 spent. But I'm not so the value of the merchandise itself will have to sway me to take this offer. I'm still researching and will most likely make a decision late this afternoon.

If one could re-sell the merchandise and spend a net of $250 for 28K miles I would say it's not a bad cpm return. But again that would be a lot of effort with nothing to show for it but miles when all is said and done.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:10 pm

2,500 normal miles from SkyMall ($500 x 5 miles/$1). I'll get a bonus of 25K SMs for the promotion.
the part that is missing here is how does one make sure they have gone through the SkyMall portal to make sure all their purchases are going to be properly credited?

anyway, just did my order. got stuck in what seemed like an endless circle loop of screens but finally getting the order to go through. i did manage to sign in to the Delta site, then the SkyMiles shopping site, then linked through to the SkyMall shopping page before i submitted the order. no wonder people complain (sometimes) about that site. almost too complicated to deal with but i am tenacious when it comes to miles. skypesos value or not, i am sure i can figure out a way to use the miles one day. LOL!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Skymall = pretty much junk.

So you are buying the miles for 2 cents per mile
Old Aug 31, 2010, 2:01 pm

Spent some time looking a the site. Not much caught my eye but there are some decent digital cameras. Canon sd1400 is top rated and $250 which will be about $280 after tax and shipping. Amazon price is $220. Not a bad deal if you need two of them.

I could use one but can't find $250 of anything else useful. There are some decent digital SLR too.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion, UA, Chase UR, AMEX MR
I just ordered $600 worth of merchandise. On the final order page, it asked me for the SM# and after the order was placed, it showed that I will get 25k miles. Lets see now when the miles how up in my account

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.