Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2010, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Canarsie
We have just received word from Delta Air Lines that the Executive Question and Answer session will be held on Thursday, October 21. As with last year, after some remarks but hopefully without a false fire alarm to interrupt me, I will introduce the executives of Delta Air Lines and moderate the session.

I am not going to reveal the list of executives scheduled to attend the Executive Question and Answer session this year as schedules could always change but, as was last year, I am proud to announce that Jeff Robertson, Vice President of Loyalty Programs at Delta Air Lines will once again attend.

Additionally, Delta Air Lines will sponsor lunch and dinner for Thursday, October 21. Thank you, Delta Air Lines!

The only other venue we have scheduled for Thursday, October 21 is the Delta Heritage Museum, when it is fully staffed.

More updates will come as we work on them feverishly behind the scenes...
Sounds good to me that I can go to DL headquarters to meet CEO Richard Anderson & Jeff Robertson, too. I would likes to have more conversation with them. I will looking forward to meet Richard Anderson for first-time and I will offered to get on the DL hangar, too. I just want to have a training for me. So please try to response email me back.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 12:22 am

October 21-24, 2010
As of this time, we are still working on the details of which venues and activities will occur and on specifically which days, but plan for a full 4 days of activity, meaning starting in the morning on Thursday, October 21.
So if we fly out Sunday evening we'll miss stuff? I'm sure I'm not the only one who plans to attend which will entail missing work/class Thursday and Friday...so to ALSO miss Monday would be really tough...

I've seen the post explaining that Thursday there are major events...but how important/major are the Sunday events?
Old Jun 20, 2010, 12:53 am

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
Originally Posted by N830MH
Sounds good to me that I can go to DL headquarters to meet CEO Richard Anderson & Jeff Robertson, too. I would likes to have more conversation with them. I will looking forward to meet Richard Anderson for first-time
N830MH, I highly doubt (though the organizers are free to dispute this) that Richard Anderson will be playing any role in this event.

Hope to be able to register and see you all there!
Old Jun 20, 2010, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by xanthuos
N830MH, I highly doubt (though the organizers are free to dispute this) that Richard Anderson will be playing any role in this event.
I've heard quite the opposite. He couldn't attend the last one due to schedule conflicts, but he did attend the thank-you luncheon for the organizers.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 6:07 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WesNSpace
However, we need your help if you are willing. ATLDiff has arranged for us to be a part of a special "Corporate" program that will allow us to get a free ticket to be given away at a later time. If you are flying Delta to the event please consider calling 1-800-328-1111 and using reference code NM5VD. The phone booking fees are waived for those taking part in this program using this number and code. Also you will save 2% and help us with our fund-raising goals. Wes
Great idea, happy to support it but...

I would really appreciate a reminder about this after registration. Hmm, perhaps you could include this in the email to each attendee after they successfully register. Don't know about others but I am more likely to review an email for a reminder than a post buried in this thread.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 6:18 am

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Good morning everyone! I am simply amazed at the interest and response to the upcoming event. I am equally surprised at the number of creative reasons that people won’t have access to the internet on July 3rd, 2010, 12:00 noon to register.

In all honesty, I will be completely blown away if this event reaches the capacity of 100 people (which doesn’t include the volunteers) at each venue on the registration date. With that said, and WesNSpace please correct me if I am wrong, we will have the ability to create a waitlist for each venue, when and if that venue reaches capacity. At last year’s event we also had waitlists for each venue, albeit it was done manually, and as it has been stated before, we completely cleared the waitlist prior to the event. The planning team will of course monitor this closely and although there are no guarantees, we will do our best to accommodate everyone.

ATLDiff has arranged for us to be a part of a special "Corporate" program that will allow us to get a free ticket to be given away at a later time. If you are flying Delta to the event please consider calling 1-800-328-1111 and using reference code NM5VD. The phone booking fees are waived for those taking part in this program using this number and code. Also you will save 2% and help us with our fund-raising goals.

Thanks-
Wes
Yes, this is an "official" registered Delta Group event and if you choose to utilize the booking method above, you will receive a nominal 2% discount off of any published fare. As Wes states, if enough people utilize this, we will get free tickets that can be included in the fund raising efforts.

Originally Posted by N830MH
Sounds good to me that I can go to DL headquarters to meet CEO Richard Anderson & Jeff Robertson, too. I would likes to have more conversation with them. I will looking forward to meet Richard Anderson for first-time and I will offered to get on the DL hangar, too. I just want to have a training for me. So please try to response email me back.

Hope to be able to register and see you all there!
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
I've heard quite the opposite. He couldn't attend the last one due to schedule conflicts, but he did attend the thank-you luncheon for the organizers.
The planning team is working to engage a wide variety of leaders from Delta on a fairly extensive set of topics such as SkyMiles, Delta.com, In-Flight, Product, Network, Reservations/ACS, etc. We will also likely have some level of Executive Leadership engagement. It is too far in advance to fully confirm the all topics and/or the executives that will be in attendance. More to come on that later.

Yes, Richard Anderson, along with Jeff Robertson did personnally attend and speak at the 2009 Thank you Luncheon we had for the Delta employees and volunteers last fall.

Originally Posted by Burj
So if we fly out Sunday evening we'll miss stuff? I'm sure I'm not the only one who plans to attend which will entail missing work/class Thursday and Friday...so to ALSO miss Monday would be really tough...

I've seen the post explaining that Thursday there are major events...but how important/major are the Sunday events?
We haven't finalized the Sunday agenda at this point, but I am sure that we will wrap up the day by 5:00 p.m. It is only a 5 min. ride to the airport so most people should be able to get flights home that evening.

Keep those cards and letters coming, and Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!
Old Jun 20, 2010, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by atldlff
We haven't finalized the Sunday agenda at this point, but I am sure that we will wrap up the day by 5:00 p.m. It is only a 5 min. ride to the airport so most people should be able to get flights home that evening.
I trust you've arranged with OCC to ensure no WX conditions in ATL that evening.

Or, better yet, arranged to ensure there will be just enough storms to get us all get VDB's so we can party at the Hilton.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 8:59 am

Programs: DL
For those who are unable to attend...

This sounds like a great event! For those folks who will not be able to attend, will the moderators be posting 'executive summaries' of the topics discussed and any major news or findings that come out of the discussions?

I would love to be able to read what the executives have to say, especially during Q&A!
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:16 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Yes, Richard Anderson, along with Jeff Robertson did personnally attend and speak at the 2009 Thank you Luncheon we had for the Delta employees and volunteers last fall.
Richard Anderson and Jeff Robertson, along with Kevin Pinto and others, indeed personally attended the Thank-You Luncheon this past September.

Here are the photographs of the Thank-You Luncheon.

As I posted earlier in this thread:
I am not going to reveal the list of executives scheduled to attend the Executive Question and Answer session this year as schedules could always change but, as was last year, I am proud to announce that Jeff Robertson, Vice President of Loyalty Programs at Delta Air Lines will once again attend.
Please do not read into this more than what atldlff and I have posted, nor speculate which Delta Air Lines executives are slated to attend the event this year.

As atldlff and I have learned, anything can happen or change, especially at the last minute.

Did I make that perfectly...er...um...CLEAR, atldlff?!?
Originally Posted by Sez_Who

I would really appreciate a reminder about this after registration. Hmm, perhaps you could include this in the email to each attendee after they successfully register. Don't know about others but I am more likely to review an email for a reminder than a post buried in this thread.
I do not see why this should not be possible.

Hopefully WesNSpace can address this request.
Originally Posted by Burj

Also, what we are considering is having Sunday as Airport Day where, amongst other things, we would have the fire station visits as with last year.

We might also run some leftover Delta events concurrently.

In any event, we are unsure of the final planning on Sunday, but it will be a full day.

However, if the venues on Sunday end at 5:00 and you have a 3:00 flight, you should still be able to attend the morning venues and still catch your flight. Aside from the Road Warrior Training venues, nothing else throughout the duration of the four-day event is scheduled at this time to last an entire day.

Remember, everyone will be able to pick and choose the venues they wish to attend. Some FlyerTalk members attended only one venue last year, and that is perfectly acceptable!
Originally Posted by BC300
This sounds like a great event! For those folks who will not be able to attend, will the moderators be posting 'executive summaries' of the topics discussed and any major news or findings that come out of the discussions?

I would love to be able to read what the executives have to say, especially during Q&A!
I think this calls for a volunteer or two to act as “Secretary” of the event. Not only should this person record the entire event as it happens with notes, but probably should also author a weblog with photographs to which me, atldlff, and others can contribute.

This is something about which to think...
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond

WesNSpace please correct me if I am wrong, we will have the ability to create a waitlist for each venue, when and if that venue reaches capacity. At last year’s event we also had waitlists for each venue, albeit it was done manually, and as it has been stated before, we completely cleared the waitlist prior to the event. The planning team will of course monitor this closely and although there are no guarantees, we will do our best to accommodate everyone.
As usual you are correct. :-) We will be using both event level and venue level waitlisting.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Sez_Who

Yes, we will be reminding you on all the e-mails coming out of the registration system AND with all the update e-mails that will be sent out as well. Really appreciate everyone taking this option and I look forward to meeting everyone.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
As usual you are correct. :-) We will be using both event level and venue level waitlisting.
If you overbook will you be asking for volunteers to VDB? What is the compensation?
Old Jun 20, 2010, 3:01 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
If you overbook will you be asking for volunteers to VDB? What is the compensation?
We have not yet figured out how much atldlff and I should be compensated as of yet.

Thank you for asking and for being concerned about us should that situation occur, though.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
great, I will sign up for sure ... looking at flights right now.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 3:31 pm

Suggestion...

A lot of us have really enjoyed the Ask A Delta Pilot thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ker-forum.html

Is would be great if we could invite W0X0F_2p2 to one of the gatherings/events...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.