Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

LAS GA sells early boarding for $5 (4/2)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2010, 9:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

I was at LAS for the 6 PM LAS-SLC departure on April 2nd and overheard this annoucement.

"For $5 you can get on the plane early, stow your bags in the overhead bin and take your seat before most of the other passengers. We will let you board right before Group 3."

I'd never seen this before and as the 757 was lightly loaded, there weren't many takers. Seems like more of a UA thing to do
Old Apr 5, 2010, 9:41 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
was he/she giving out receipts?
Old Apr 5, 2010, 9:45 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Since this was LAS, are you sure the wording was not "For $5 you can get a chance to board early"?
Old Apr 5, 2010, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.175 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by CMK10
I was at LAS for the 6 PM LAS-SLC departure on April 2nd and overheard this annoucement.

"For $5 you can get on the plane early, stow your bags in the overhead bin and take your seat before most of the other passengers. We will let you board right before Group 3."

I'd never seen this before and as the 757 was lightly loaded, there weren't many takers. Seems like more of a UA thing to do
Was US a day late on their April Fool's Day prank?
Old Apr 5, 2010, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by thezipper
Yes, if you are early boarding into the aircraft in zone 1 or 2 priority boarding. Is that charge cash or credit card?
Old Apr 5, 2010, 11:15 pm

Gate agents aren't allowed to accept cash, right (or is that a different airline)?

cash = really sketchy
credit cards = Delta giving away the cow
Old Apr 5, 2010, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.175 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by N830MH
Originally Posted by thezipper
Yes, if you are early boarding into the aircraft in zone 1 or 2 priority boarding. Is that charge cash or credit card?
But, the best detector to determine whether the GA was DL was whether they would "warmly accept" AmEx as the preferred method of payment
Old Apr 6, 2010, 12:11 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Almost makes sense.

There's a nice bank of Wheel of Fortune $1 machines across from the DL gates. I would think that the bribe fee would be $6 though, as that would give the GA 2 shots at the jackpot at $3 per...
Old Apr 6, 2010, 12:22 am

Programs: DL PM (w/ AmEx), Finnair
Perhaps she was an old RyanAir employee. Old habits die hard!!!
Old Apr 6, 2010, 12:24 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Since when did Southworst start infiltrating the Delta employees... Definitely a WN thing to do. No thanks.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 12:42 am

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Since when did Southworst start infiltrating the Delta employees... Definitely a WN thing to do. No thanks.
Are you comparing this to where WN allows people who buy their most expensive fares to board first, kinda like First, or some other program I've never heard about of theirs?
Old Apr 6, 2010, 2:08 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KD5MDK
Are you comparing this to where WN allows people who buy their most expensive fares to board first, kinda like First, or some other program I've never heard about of theirs?
EarlyBird Check-in
Old Apr 6, 2010, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by CMK10

The "fee" was originally announced as $15 for those in Zones 3/4 to board early.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 6:21 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Test program.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Considering the amount of fees DL charges compared to WN, this statement has no credibility.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.