Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

FEBO — Meals Served From Front on Even-Numbered Flights, Back on Odd-Numbered Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FEBO — Meals Served From Front on Even-Numbered Flights, Back on Odd-Numbered Flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2001, 2:45 pm
GG
Original Poster

FEBO - It's our mnemonic for how meals are served in F on Delta, according to FAs we asked on a couple of different flights.

Front on Even numbered flights, Back on Odd numbered flights - meaning where they start taking orders and bringing out food.

Has anyone else observed the same thing, or was this just a peculiarity of our CVG or SAN based crews? It's not important. I mean, I'd rather have my bulkhead seat than adjust where I sit even if it's generally true, but inquiring minds etc.

[for spelling...]

[This message has been edited by GG (edited 03-01-2001).]
Old Mar 1, 2001, 2:59 pm

FEBO not valid on 53/54, always from the front.
Old Mar 1, 2001, 3:46 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Thanks, Eidetic. That info is very useful!

------------------
"Sire, it is not a revolt. It is a Revolution!"
Old Mar 2, 2001, 12:45 am

Programs: UA/1K, DL/PM, AA/PLT, NW/SLV; SW/PLT, HH/DIA
I was never able to figure out a pattern on DL -- most flights were front to back.

On AA, FEBO is official policy.
Old Mar 2, 2001, 1:11 am
R2

If you ever come to Holland, stay away from FEBO for any meal service.

(FEBO = a disgusting local snack food chain here)

Sorry, couldn't help posting this.
Old Mar 2, 2001, 8:14 am
GG
Original Poster

R2, Really? I didn't know that! We've made a number of visits to the Netherlands (one of our favorite places, in fact), but I don't recall a disgusting snack chain. (Just lucky I guess!)
Old Mar 2, 2001, 9:27 am

GG

FEBOs in AMS are almost everywhere, it like a large vending machine. Never did try it, but seems to be convenient.

loco miler
Old Mar 4, 2001, 12:06 pm

I had a FA explain FEBO to me months ago... can't remember but it seems like it was CVG to somewhere. I was so fascinated that there was a system, that I grilled her about it and put it to memory (without the handy FEBO acronym). However, watching on lots of flights since and most meal service seems random still. Hmmm...
Old Mar 4, 2001, 12:17 pm
GG
Original Poster

LexPassenger thinks we were first told this on a HNL-LAX flight, but I can't remember. I thought there was a CVG source... Maybe it was the same FA.

Old Mar 4, 2001, 1:13 pm

I also had an FA explain the FEBO system to me about 3-4 months ago. On an odd numbered flight last month, I asked the lead FA why they hadn't started serving at the back. She acted a bit put out that I had inquired but then apologized and said they had forgotten. I believe they are in the long time habit of moving front to back and forget about FEBO. I guess I notice since I usually try to get the back row.

------------------
Bert
Old Mar 4, 2001, 6:41 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
This has been in place on the majority of the long haul flight I've taken over the last several years. I strategically try to seat myself in F so that I get a meal selection. Occassionally, even if I am not in the right spot on the flight,a FA will come over and ask me what I want first anyway, because of my status.
Old Apr 9, 2001, 5:49 pm

I have only once been asked what I wanted because of my status. Or at least I thought that was why. The guy sitting next to me was a PM and the head FA walked straight back to my row and ask the guy next to me what he wanted.

After he answered, I told her what I wanted. She said, "Well, I guess since you are sitting next to Mr. X, I can take your meal order." Boy I felt special.

I then found out Mr. X had flown over the day before with the same flight crew to give a speech. I really thought he was an incognito FT person doing a.....what do you call it.....a mileage jog?

FEBO is on AA, rather strictly I might add, but not on DL. I will test the FAs tomorrow with the official policy.
Old Apr 22, 2001, 8:01 am

Programs: DL Diamond MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond . www.chicagosemianrs.org
I am only going to report on odd numbered flights since on even order would be taken from the front even if the crew was not aware of FEBO.

ATL-LAX The order was taken according to FEBO

LAX-HNL The order was not taken according to FEBO

AMS-ATL The order seems to always be from the front on Int'l flights so it may not be fair to consider these flights.

Old Apr 22, 2001, 8:24 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
What I've also experienced on int'l flights was the onboard leader going down the one aisle from the front all the way to the back, and then taking orders on the other aisle from the back to the front.
Old Apr 22, 2001, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Given this randomness, the answer seems to be to sit in the middle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.