Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "How To Search for Low Tier Business Awards"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "How To Search for Low Tier Business Awards"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2012, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Are you trying to use NYC as an airport code? That may work in revenue bookings but reports are varied for award bookings. Try JFK. Yes, there is low band award inventory CDG-JFK on 26 Sep,
Old Sep 17, 2012, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Yes, I was using NYC instead of JFK, so thanks for correcting me there. However I'm still not getting anything really on the search. When I choose Business/First in the drop-down menu, then I start getting 300,000+ mile tickets, but only the inter-european segment is business and the EU-US segment is in economy. What am I missing here? Where do you see the low band inventory?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HarryLime
Where do you see the low band inventory?
In coach. I wasn't looking for Business.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
In coach. I wasn't looking for Business.
heh, well this is the business class awards thread.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's how it is titled but long ago it became an all-award search thread.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 6:43 pm

Does anybody have problems booking AF award business class for the last couple of days like me from North America to Paris? I'm using KVS tool and Expert flyer, both show available seats LAX-PAR,ATL-PAR or NYC-PAR, delta.com doesn't show them at all, and phone agents can't see them too.Like they are blocking them/ Phone agents pretend where is no problem and it's supposed to be like this/ Same thing was back in March http://thepointsguy.com/2012/03/delt...-class-awards/

Last edited by DennisSFO; Sep 18, 2012 at 6:52 pm
Old Sep 18, 2012, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by DennisSFO
Does anybody have problems booking AF award business class for the last couple of days like me from North America to Paris? I'm using KVS tool and Expert flyer, both show available seats LAX-PAR,ATL-PAR or NYC-PAR, delta.com doesn't show them at all, and phone agents can't see them too.Like they are blocking them/ Phone agents pretend where is no problem and it's supposed to be like this/ Same thing was back in March http://thepointsguy.com/2012/03/delt...-class-awards/
There are some ongoing issues, but this time around EF was not seeing availability either. As mentioned above, are you using city codes or airport codes in your searching? What time of year are you booking the tickets for? The issues were worst now through may-june sort of time frame.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:16 pm

I'm using airport codes. was trying to look for November.tried APR and May also,same thing.for example NOV 4th ATL-PAR AF689 shows on KVS.but delta agents can't see it. Website shows only Delta coded flights for 325.000 miles.no thanks,I want AF for 100.000!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:44 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation

I'm using airport codes. was trying to look for November.tried APR and May also,same thing.for example NOV 4th ATL-PAR AF689 shows on KVS.but delta agents can't see it. Website shows only Delta coded flights for 325.000 miles.no thanks,I want AF for 100.000!
AF is currently continuing to block partner Award requests for its TATL routes for departures earlier than ~ 06 Jun 2013.

Please see our reply in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post19341014 Thread.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
That availability does not show on expertflyer which pulls from a data source more similar to what delta sees. As kvs mentioned, availability from kvstool is currently only valid for AF, which is where that data comes from.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:35 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by mattsteg
That availability does not show on expertflyer which pulls from a data source more similar to what delta sees. As kvs mentioned, availability from kvstool is currently only valid for AF, which is where that data comes from.
Actually, as explained at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post19341014, KVS Tool users have access to both non-blocked and blocked 'views' of AF Award Availability.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 7:04 am

Is something up with YQ/IOS for award itineraries ex-EU?
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:03 pm

Thanks KVS for clarification! as usual Delta agents keep repeating mantra about seats not being available.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Searching RDU-OTP

I am trying to find award space RDU-OTP and back. The outbound will be early August 2013, return mid-August. The over-the-water segment must be business class.

I realize that for some carriers, these flights would not be loaded this soon, so I have searched some other dates to try to refine my search skills.

I learned from my trip this year to search segment by segment, and that sometimes you can put together an award at low miles if you fly coach on the domestic segment, which is fine.

The problem is the European segment. I've found that sometimes it's necessary to book on Tarom from AMS or CDG to OTP to make the trip work. (FCO would be possible also.) But I can't figure out how to actually search on RO. The only tools I'm familar with are DL.dumb and awardtravelr.com. Awardtravelr.com did not come up with any flights at all in August, and I tried another week in April and it came up empty also.

Can someone give me advice on how to search AMS/CDG/FCO-OTP and back? And perhaps also how to search AZ from the USA to FCO? What are the "must-have" tools for this?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
AZ and RO should both show on the FlyingBlue engine. However, if you're looking more than 10 months out, that won't do you any good. AZ is also available on ExpertFlyer, although DL agents often need to do a long sell to get the award space. I'm not sure if RO is on EF, but it is available for free through the Wandering Aramean tool: http://www.wandr.me/Award-Search.aspx

The FlyingBlue engine is by far the easiest to use, as it searches several weeks at a time, but it does have some limitations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.