Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Your Questions Answered - SMI update 10/20

Your Questions Answered - SMI update 10/20

Old Oct 20, 2009, 3:56 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles
Arrow Your Questions Answered - SMI update 10/20

Thanks for all your postings recently everyone! You have really kept us busy in the last couple of weeks and a lot of people here at Delta have been watching a number of topics and comments here on FlyerTalk. Before I begin with our most recent update we would like to acknowledge the topic moderators Canarsie, slippahs, thezipper, obscure2k, RSSrsvp, and xyzzy for forwarding some of the issues that seem to be getting the most conversation lately. They each pulled together a list of their observations and sent them to us so we could address many of them here for all to read. (Please dont forget to thank them for their tireless efforts.) Now on to the update.

If there is a WorldPerks number in ones reservation prior to the system merger, will the miles post correctly? Is there anything that I need to do?
We want to be very clear on this: there is nothing that you need to do. We cannot say this in stronger or simpler terms. From the start, we wanted this process to be simple for customers. For whatever reason, we continue to see comments, questions, etc. asking about this particular issue. There had been a few very limited issues with combining linked accounts, but because we had some great teams in Atlanta and Eagan working around the clock we are happy to report that these have been fixed and all miles should now be posting to your SkyMiles account.

Flights can still be booked and purchased at www.nwa.com using ones WorldPerks account number. Should people do this?
You can use either delta.com or nwa.com to make reservations with your SkyMiles number (or WorldPerks number) at any time. While your WorldPerks number will still work, we encourage you to consider your SkyMiles account as the primary number that you include in all of your future travel.

Northwest had a Platinum guarantee upgrade program: get the upgrade or get 1,000 miles. Is this going away? If so when?
This was a WorldPerks promotion - not an Elite benefit. When the WorldPerks program ended effective Oct. 1, all WorldPerks promotions, along with the programs terms and conditions ended.

Several domestic flights seems to be showing up as Not Eligible for upgrade, even though the aircraft type does have First Class or, for transcontinental flights, Business Elite. Is this a system glitch?
Were glad to report that a fix recently went in to correct the issue. The issue was only a temporary one, but we want to take the chance to point out that while we may not directly respond here to an issue, we ARE watching and taking action.

Some people recently crossed the next level threshold for example, went from Gold to Platinum on the WorldPerks side but got a Welcome kit for the lower level. Can you explain this?
We explain this situation in the SkyMiles credentials that were recently sent out. Mostly, this was a matter of timing. The data file had to be pulled on 9/1 a full month prior to the SkyMiles/WorldPerks integration in order for us to get these welcome kits in the hands of the customers right after Oct 1. For members where this situation applies, you can expect to see your new, updated credentials which reflect your correct tier sometime in the next 2-4 weeks.

What is the difference between WorldPerks Lifetime miles and Delta Million Miler Miles? How were the Million Miler Miles calculated in the process of combining the two?
WorldPerks Lifetime miles the information that was displayed on nwa.com previously counted every mile earned since enrollment in the program, including miles earned from partners, etc. The WorldPerks program did not use this counter to determine Million Air status, but rather the number miles actually flown (commonly referred to as BIS miles here) that was not visible to customers. The point of the Million Miler program is to reward customers who have TRAVELED with us. When we combined WorldPerks and SkyMiles accounts, the EQMs and MQMs (which is the same criteria SkyMiles uses to determine MM status) were consolidated. If the balance resulted in a new MM threshold, a Million Mile credential will be sent to members over the next couple of weeks. WorldPerks members who previously had Million Air status will also receive Million Mile credentials in the next few weeks.

That's it for this update...we'll continue to watch for your questions and provide information as soon as we can, but remember that we want to get you the right answer not just any answer so your patience is appreciated.

SkyMilesInsider
Old Oct 20, 2009, 4:29 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Thanks for the update!
Old Oct 20, 2009, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL Plat AA Gold Airtran Elite HH Diamond Marriott Plat *Wood Plat
Thanks Jeff, good job (no matter how frustrated people can seem on here... no doubt combining 2 enterprise level IT systems was no easy feat.)
Old Oct 20, 2009, 5:06 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Thanks for the update. One of my flights in few weeks on NW metal still shows upgrade not eligible.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 6:08 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Scoop,

Thanks for the scoop.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Originally Posted by gte157q
Thanks Jeff, good job (no matter how frustrated people can seem on here... no doubt combining 2 enterprise level IT systems was no easy feat.)
I believe this was from Paul. Jeff is RealDLInsider, Paul is SkyMilesInsider f/k/a Scoop (I don't remember which number ) from the NW, er, DL-North side of things.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Thank you.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 6:36 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by ADLFO
I believe this was from Paul. Jeff is RealDLInsider, Paul is SkyMilesInsider f/k/a Scoop (I don't remember which number)
correct....and I was version 1.0

SMI
Old Oct 20, 2009, 6:47 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
and a certain "Club" member ... I think I saw a button once

Originally Posted by SkyMilesInsider

SMI
Old Oct 20, 2009, 6:51 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Delta 1M, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the update but....

When will Delta address the terrible product called a SkyClub? I will NEVER pay for that product in its current state. I was a WorldClub member for the last 15 years and was a thoroughly satisfied customer!

Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2009, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC

SMI
Good to hear from ya' Scoopie!
Old Oct 20, 2009, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC

SMI
SMI, thanks for the clarification. But now you got me wondering, who was Scoop 2.0?

Also, can you comment on the issues with double amex miles not posting. I'm not sure if it's just me, but my account has been quite screwy lately.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...t-posting.html
Old Oct 21, 2009, 6:42 am

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER

That's it for this update...we'll continue to watch for your questions and provide information as soon as we can, but remember that we want to get you the right answer not just any answer so your patience is appreciated.

SkyMilesInsider
Thank you for the update SMI! I look forward to reading more updates in the future.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 9:38 am

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by thezipper
and a certain "Club" member ... I think I saw a button once
Do you mean the 2% club really does exist???
Old Oct 21, 2009, 9:09 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
SMI, thanks for the update.

You might want to pass along the hint that the DL award booking tool is regarded as worst in class even by otherwise staunch defenders of DL. With all the IT knowledge DL has, it's amazing that this situation has been allowed to persist.

Letting SM members log in and use NWA.COM to make their bookings is a good idea, because then they'll understand what we mean. Rename the domain DLAWARDBOOKING.COM and the SM elite might be a little happier.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.