FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   What fares are considered 'full economy fares' ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/939960-what-fares-considered-full-economy-fares.html)

Goin-2-AA Apr 4, 2009 3:10 pm

What fares are considered 'full economy fares' ?

I am looking at the Delta upgrade mileage chart.

Is this Y only or others?

Thank you.....

mersk862 Apr 4, 2009 3:15 pm

Y/B/M for pretty much every flight. Y is full fare, B/M are select fares.

For flights US mainland-Hawaii, Y is full fare, B/M/H/Q/K are select fares.

AndyTLe Apr 4, 2009 3:16 pm

From Full Coach Fare: Y
From Select Fares: B or M

tjisnumbaone Apr 4, 2009 5:34 pm

Y fare is considered "Full fare"
B, M are considered "Select Fares"
H, Q, K are considered "Discounted Fares"
L, U, T are considered "Deeply discounted Fares"

EasternTraveler Apr 5, 2009 8:39 am

Ones that you don't want to buy.

El Boocho Apr 5, 2009 8:49 am

Originally Posted by tjisnumbaone (Post 11528838)
"B, M are considered "Select Fares"

This is not accurate. Select fares are not a category to be compared to full fare or discount fares. B and M are also discounted. Selct fares can include H/Q/K, depending upon the market.

To the OP. only Y is full fare, and even then I'm not 100% sure all Y fares are considered full fare. What Mersk862 said is accurate as it pertains to the upgrade chart.

Goin-2-AA Apr 5, 2009 3:53 pm

Thank you!

Many thanks for the replies. I am looking at NRT in the near future and this was quite helpful.

DlRes Apr 5, 2009 4:51 pm

Well, if we want to get technical, not all Y are fulls Y's :p

A YEE, YCA are not considered full Y's...On the other hand going to Europe Y, YRWB, YWB, YOW, YRT, Y1US are full Y's.

Not as simple as you guys might think.........

GUWonder Apr 5, 2009 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by DlRes (Post 11532682)
Well, if we want to get technical, not all Y are fulls Y's :p

A YEE, YCA are not considered full Y's...On the other hand going to Europe Y, YRWB, YWB, YOW, YRT, Y1US are full Y's.

Are any of those Y fares not subject to the upgrade lottery?

3Cforme Apr 5, 2009 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by DlRes (Post 11532682)

Which makes one wonder why the OP couldn't follow the directions posted under upgrade awards on the DL web site:

Applies to select published fares and specific fare classes. Please check with a Delta reservations representative for eligible fares applicable to your itinerary.

Goin-2-AA Apr 6, 2009 2:09 pm

Right on cue...must be brb with another IP

Originally Posted by 3Cforme (Post 11533581)
Which makes one wonder why the OP couldn't follow the directions posted under upgrade awards on the DL web site:

Applies to select published fares and specific fare classes. Please check with a Delta reservations representative for eligible fares applicable to your itinerary.

Snark of the year....!!

Simple...i could not figure it out and nice posters tried to give me a clue.

EasternTraveler Apr 6, 2009 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Goin-2-AA (Post 11537288)
Snark of the year....!!

Simple...i could not figure it out and nice posters tried to give me a clue.

So the message is this?

Do not post to flyertalk. Every question that can be asked has been answered. If you post it, you will get a rude reply from someone telling you how you should search for it, because it has already been asked and answered. Never mind that every person has a different level of computer skills and may not be able to search as well as others. There is a thread on that as well. Read it and then do your research. And remember not to ask a question or start a thread, because it has already been answered. :td:

EasternTraveler Apr 6, 2009 2:16 pm

Why not just lock every single forum and thread except for newstand, mileage run and spam?

Come on, some questions are redundant beyond belief, but they keep on getting asked and answered. This is not the worse question that could be asked. Maybe we should start a thread called "Most annoying threads". That would give people a chance to vent maybe.

IsleOfMan Apr 6, 2009 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler (Post 11537328)
Why not just lock every single forum and thread except for newstand, mileage run and spam?

Come on, some questions are redundant beyond belief, but they keep on getting asked and answered. This is not the worse question that could be asked. Maybe we should start a thread called "Most annoying threads". That would give people a chance to vent maybe.

If you think it's bad here, you should see the HHonors forum... biggest thread lock/merge Nazis I've ever seen...

Goin-2-AA Apr 6, 2009 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler (Post 11537311)
So the message is this?

Do not post to flyertalk. Every question that can be asked has been answered. If you post it, you will get a rude reply from someone telling you how you should search for it, because it has already been asked and answered. Never mind that every person has a different level of computer skills and may not be able to search as well as others. There is a thread on that as well. Read it and then do your research. And remember not to ask a question or start a thread, because it has already been answered. :td:

I occasionally post for the 99% of Flyertalkers who are more than willing to share their knowledge when they know something about the subject for which i am very grateful. I also know most of the 1% from previous (and current) replys over the years that represent the dark side. Board bullies are nothing new but they think they are.

Regards,