Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earning DL/AF Miles on N Class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2009, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Question Earning DL/AF Miles on N Class

I am a SkyMiles participant and just booked a ticket on AF BOS-CDG this summer. The price was the same whether on an AF ticket or a DL ticket, the aircraft is AF owned. The fare is N class on either airline. Now that I am reading the rules carefully, it appears that I won't get Skymiles credit for this AF fare, or it will be only 25%. Is that correct? Would it be to my advantage to re-book the ticket as a DL? I am still within the 24 hr period so should be able to change/rebook. As a SkyMiles holder, what are the pros/cons of booking DL vs AF for the same airplanes?

AF Basis: NHXSL24
DL Basis: N0MSHX1M

Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2009, 10:29 am

Programs: DL DM
If you book on AF in N class you will receive no SkyMiles or MQM. If you book it with DL with a DL flight number you'll receive at least 100% MQM and SkyMiles.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, GE
if your ticket is an Air France N class no miles on your SKymiles account, if you have a Flying Blue account you get 25% of miles flown.

check your ticket number, if it begins with 006 its a DL ticket, if 057 its an AF ticket.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Talking

Thanks for the advice!

I was able to change the ticket from AF to DL for the same price. For over 6,000 miles per person it was a no-brainer.

It's sort of a silly situation when booking the same flight on the aircraft owner's ticket yields no miles, but booking on the code share does. I could understand giving premium priced tickets a mileage bonus, but removing miles based on fares is an interesting business decision. Based on the sky-high seat availability of my flights three months out, they need all the help they can to sell seats.

I prefer Delta's webpage over Air France's for managing my flights anyway, but had naively thought that booking the AF airplane as an AF flight would give me better service or seat availability. I think I'm in the same seats on the DL ticket as I was on the AF ticket.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 12:00 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Charter Member/1.8MM, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by delta_blue
Thanks for the advice!

I was able to change the ticket from AF to DL for the same price. For over 6,000 miles per person it was a no-brainer.

It's sort of a silly situation when booking the same flight on the aircraft owner's ticket yields no miles, but booking on the code share does. I could understand giving premium priced tickets a mileage bonus, but removing miles based on fares is an interesting business decision. Based on the sky-high seat availability of my flights three months out, they need all the help they can to sell seats.

I prefer Delta's webpage over Air France's for managing my flights anyway, but had naively thought that booking the AF airplane as an AF flight would give me better service or seat availability. I think I'm in the same seats on the DL ticket as I was on the AF ticket.
Not sure what happened to you here. I use my DL Skymiles # on AF flights and always received the same amount of miles as if it were DL or DL coded.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 3:07 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
AF flights booked into N inventory earn 25% miles when credited to the NW account. Those miles can then be transferred to the DL account at least for purposes of redemption.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 3:10 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by DeltaFirst
Not sure what happened to you here. I use my DL Skymiles # on AF flights and always received the same amount of miles as if it were DL or DL coded.
Then you've been lucky; and/or you have not booked an AF-coded-and-operated N or L inventory flight for quite some time and tried to credit such flight(s) to your DL account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.