Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

DL adds SLC-Cranbrook, BC, SLC-Gunnison, CO for winter.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2008, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Cranbrook is 3x weekly on a 777 ... er ... CRJ-2.

Gunnison is 1x daily on an ERJ-145 and is seasonal.

I've never even heard of Cranbrook and have no idea what the airport codes for either of these places are.

Perhaps one of you will find this useful.

http://www.sltrib.com/business/ci_9688061
Old Jun 25, 2008, 9:23 am

Great additions....

But they got rid of these though....

ATL-YOW (Ottawa, Canada) effective 01Sep

SLC-BFL (Bakersfield,CA) effective 01Sep

SLC-DRO (Durango, CO) effective 01Sep

SLC-SBP (San Luis Obispo, CA) effective 01Sep

CVG-SCE (State College, PA) effective 02Sep

ATL-BJX (Leon, Mexico) effective 18Aug

ATL-QRO (Queretaro, Mexico) effective 02Aug

BJX-LAX (Leon, Mexico) effective 17Aug

LAXLTO (Loreto, Mexico) effective 17Aug

LAXZLO (Manzanillo, Mexico) effective 17Aug

Remarks: Delta Air Lines will discontinue seasonal service scheduled on SkyWest Airlines flights between SLC and ASE for 01Sep08 – 19Dec08 and 01Apr09 – 31May09. All impacted flights have been zeroed out in Deltamatic. All flights will be removed from Deltamatic on the 07June08 schedule change load..

Oh there will be more....
Old Jun 25, 2008, 9:30 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by MastaHanky
Cranbrook is 3x weekly on a 777 ... er ... CRJ-2.

Gunnison is 1x daily on an ERJ-145 and is seasonal.

I've never even heard of Cranbrook and have no idea what the airport codes for either of these places are.
YXC: http://www.world-airport-codes.com/c...rook-1722.html

GUC: http://www.world-airport-codes.com/u...ison-2781.html

David
Old Jun 25, 2008, 9:38 am

Programs: DL GM
I am surpised they dumped the ATL and CVG-SCE during the fall. You would think there is business on these routes when Penn State returns for school and football weekends. Rather than dump the route, why not fly it Fridays and Sundays for the football crowds? Well, they know more than me.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 9:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lls138
I am surpised they dumped the ATL and CVG-SCE during the fall. You would think there is business on these routes when Penn State returns for school and football weekends. Rather than dump the route, why not fly it Fridays and Sundays for the football crowds? Well, they know more than me.
It is expensive to operate a station for several weekly flights filled with low-yielding sports fans. Plus, you can push traffic through DTW.

SLC-GUC should be a solid seasonal route.

SLC-YXC is somewhat random, though I imagine there is some winter ski traffic to Kimberley and Fernie.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 10:09 am
Original Poster

All three of the SLC Skywest cuts kind of surprise me.

I thought SBP had an incentive program from the community. Supposedly DRO had good enough loads and yields that they added a second daily flight shortly after it was introduced last year. BFL was the least surprising to me of all of those, but still kind of caught me off guard.

Guess it says a lot about the operating economics of a 50-seater.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
SBP is losing American Eagle as well (DL codeshared on the Eagle SBP-LAX flights), so SBP will be totally disconnected from the DL network now. Next closest station with DL flights is SBA, which is about 100 miles down the Coast.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 5:38 am

Well, two more route cuts announced this AM:

Vienna (VIE), Austria
Yuma (YUM), Arizona....

Yuma---eh, not so important.

Vienna--not good.

-b-
Old Jun 26, 2008, 6:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DLBeno
Vienna--not good.

-b-
Vienna = relatively new, thin TATL filled with connections from ATL and dominated by Star Alliance. More than adequately served via AMS and CDG.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:05 pm

Vienna (VIE), Austria
Yuma (YUM), Arizona....

Vienna--not good.

-b-
Now the question, is VIE a seasonal cut or a "for good" cut. I'd assume (granted, we all know what ASSuming does) that it would restart for the summer.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:54 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Vienna (VIE), Austria
Yuma (YUM), Arizona....

Vienna--not good.

-b-
2-1-0 der Alarm ist rot.
Wein in not. Cha, cha, cha.

Old Jan 9, 2009, 9:57 am

Great additions....

But they got rid of these though....

ATL-YOW (Ottawa, Canada) effective 01Sep

Oh there will be more....
Don't wanna sound like a homer but how can the world's biggest airline have 3 daily departures from Ottawa?! (3 X DTW on NW) DL used to have CRJ100 7a and 2p departures to YOW-ATL. Why they have a stupid 2p departure is beyond me. Think they had a CVG departure as well?

Oh well, just very surprised. I used to recommend the ATL flights to friends and coleagues as it was the southernmost hub served from Ottawa and weather was less likely to be a factor in winter months.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Don't wanna sound like a homer but how can the world's biggest airline have 3 daily departures from Ottawa?! (3 X DTW on NW) DL used to have CRJ100 7a and 2p departures to YOW-ATL. Why they have a stupid 2p departure is beyond me. Think they had a CVG departure as well?

Oh well, just very surprised. I used to recommend the ATL flights to friends and coleagues as it was the southernmost hub served from Ottawa and weather was less likely to be a factor in winter months.
YOW doesn't make sense with the general AC domination of the Canadian markets.

Though I am surprised that there isn't YOW-JFK but I guess they figure that their codeshare w/CO is enough...
Old Jan 9, 2009, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Don't wanna sound like a homer but how can the world's biggest airline have 3 daily departures from Ottawa?!
I like Canada. I like Canadians. Objectively, one can find many compliments to offer Ottawa. I have even taken vacations is Ottawa.

But how many direct flights does DL operate to Bordeaux, by comparison? Ottawa is a metro area of 1.2 million people. It's dominated by AC. A big subset of travel will be government-related with preference to a Canadian carrier. DL can't operate flights YOW-Canada. Sorry - it's a reality.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 3:29 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by sxf24
SLC-GUC should be a solid seasonal route.

SLC-YXC is somewhat random, though I imagine there is some winter ski traffic to Kimberley and Fernie.
I'm really surprised that DL offered this route to Cranbrook, BC, Canada. I see sale fares advertised on delta.com right now with flights from many cities starting at $159 each way + taxes.

The flight schedule only operates on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday. So a short ski trip up there for just 3 days of skiing is possible with a Wed - Sun flight schedule or a Sat - Wed schedule.

Coming from a non-hub city on the east coast without a direct flight to/from SLC, the schedule stinks. From CAE, the outbound requires being on the 5:50am flight (or a layover at a connection the night before). On the return, there's no way to get to ATL before 10:09pm -- leaving most east coasters stuck there overnight to continue home the next morning.

All that said, though, Fernie Alpine Resort looks very appealing to me. And skiers with direct flights to SLC may find it well worth a visit!

Also near Cranbrook is Kimberley Alpine Resort, though it's 20 minutes NW of Cranbrook whereas Fernie is 60 minutes east of Cranbrook. A fair drive if you choose to stay at the base of Fernie.

For SkyMiles awards, SLC-YXC currently shows availability at the LOW price level for every Wed, Sat, and Sun between now and April 1 EXCEPT the following:
Outbound SLC-YXB: Feb 1 (High), Feb 28 (Med), Mar 25 (Med).
Return YXB-SLC: Feb 4 (High), Feb 7 (High), Mar 11 (Med), Mar 15 (High), Mar 18 (Med)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.